Froggy the Great

Randomness XV: 'tis a silly place.

Sorry to hear it, @redambrosia. I really wonder where some of these people come from, though. It would never occur to me to demand to know where you were. I'd either assume a break, or doing some part of your job that isn't hanging out behind the counter. People suck.

9 hours ago, LittleBluberry said:

Also almost done prepping stuff for teen daughter's trip to Japan.  If anyone has any advice on what to bring, let me know!  She's going to be part of a group tour so it's hard to go wrong, but she's also the one with the mysterious thyroid issues so I want to smooth as many difficulties as possible.

Research power requirements for anything that needs to be plugged in. I've never been to Japan, but I know that Europe uses a different system then we do here in the US, so it stands to reason that Japan might, too.

Maybe @Pegazus can provide some insight here.

• Like 9

No painting for me this vacation.  Oh well.

If we had more room in our luggage (or if we checked a second bag), I could bring painting supplies.  Or if I had planned ahead and prepped a bunch of similar minis (e.g. Tre Manor's orcs or a set of BattleTech minis or even a set of fighter minis in plate mail), I could probably fit enough supplies.

Clearly, I need to prep more minis, but I'm not doing that on vacation either.

If I get bored, I have personal IT stuff to poke at that I've been neglecting.  (Computers used to be my hobby.  It's why I have the job I have now.  But I'm now several years out of date and need to catch up.  And, if I want to build a painting blog, it won't build itself.)

• Like 11

Hugs for you @redambrosia I hope it gets better for you.

@LittleBluberry this might sound a bit silly but do you have some tiny gifts ready? When myself and/or the family visited we always took along something small but distinctly Australian like Caramello Koalas or small handmade soaps made with native plants. We always ran out by the end of the trip.

• Like 13

Well, cool. My brother is getting a house built and he's including a mother in law apartment for my mom. 

• Like 15

1 hour ago, Chaoswolf said:

Research power requirements for anything that needs to be plugged in. I've never been to Japan, but I know that Europe uses a different system then we do here in the US, so it stands to reason that Japan might, too.

Google can help... Japan seems to be using the American plug system, although at only 100V compared to the USA's 120V.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

(For @LittleBluberry)

Right! Power! Forgot all about that!

Mostly because we don’t bother. Phones and cameras won’t really notice. Will take a little longer to charge.

Except if you’ve got a three prong cord. You’ll need an adapter. So something like a laptop would need that.

And except if you’ve got a grounded two prong cord. That’s where one blade is bigger than the other. That won’t fit either and need an adapter. 

You know what? Get an adapter. 

Edited by Pegazus
Restoring the @ for LB
  • Like 14

Thanks, @Pegazus!  The teacher organizing the group has had lots of good info, and I wasn't worried about power but I should check the CPAP machine's power brick and see if it will work with lower voltage.  That and the extra memory for cameras.  At least cash is already ordered and her cell phone plan is ready.

• Like 11

Huh. Why do people showing photos of alleged supernatural activity include big red circles around the supernatural bit, even if it’s really really really blatant?

Are they worried we’ll miss it?

Voilà:

Spoiler

white-lady-5.jpg

Edited by Pingo
  • Haha 17

Well, that was horrible. 

I've been following a nestcam of Treecreeper chicks for the last few weeks and they were very close to fledgling. I say 'were' because half an hour ago a woodpecker discovered the nest and is in the process of taking the entire brood :angry:

I know it's nature's way, circle of life, blah, blah, blah, but I really hate woodpeckers at this particular moment.

Edited by Kuroneko
So angry, I couldn't grammar
  • Like 1
  • Sad 15

Last two days of the after school program.

Tomorrow we will see if the Dread Skeleton Ogre Juggernaut is more effective against the Fearsome Foursome. (The Five Man Band got a slightly tougher version - having an extra player.)

One of the things that stuck in my mind about Tom's cleric - he focused on keeping people - PCs and NPCs both - alive, not on keeping them in the fight.

At the end of the battle there were a lot of NPCs in negative HP, but all were stable.

If I had a vote for MVP in Tuesday's game, I am pretty sure Tom would have won it hands down.

But most of the actual damage was done by Nate's rogue - his flanking bonus was never more than a five foot step away.

And... the fighter tanked. He had managed to upgrade his armor to breastplate for the Raid on the Smuggler's Tavern. Even so, the Juggernaut hit him more often than not - a 24 STR has a lot of penetration.

The ranger has decided that his next Favored Enemy is going to be Undead. His dice were not his friend, and the number of times he missed by one or two was embarrassing.

The wizard stuck with Disrupt Undead - as a zero level spell he could cast it all day if needs be. Only a D6 damage, but it was a D6 every round - kind of hard to miss the juggernaut with a ranged touch attack and a decent DEX, even using the wizard's attack bonus. ::P:

And the Juggernaut still managed to last six rounds - reliably putting somebody down for the count every round. (Two attacks - one was a PC every round and the other an NPC. If I had focused on NPCs he could have taken out all of them.)

The Fearsome Foursome doesn't have a cleric - they have a paladin and a witch to handle healing, and the paladin doesn't have a lot of healing power. The rogue and the ranger will need to be careful.

The Auld Grump

• Like 11

1 hour ago, LittleBluberry said:

Thanks, @Pegazus!  The teacher organizing the group has had lots of good info, and I wasn't worried about power but I should check the CPAP machine's power brick and see if it will work with lower voltage.  That and the extra memory for cameras.  At least cash is already ordered and her cell phone plan is ready.

I doubt she will have time to compare them to her data plan, but the airports offer rental Wi-Fi hot spots. I think Rika got a five week 3Gb/day for $75.

And there’s always Starbucks for free Wi-fi.

• Like 8

Baby is chasing Hubby off the bed. He says she started on my side and has been scooting over all night. In the ten minutes between first getting home and bringing up a bottle, she had indeed scooted closer to him. He's perilously close to the edge. 

I dunno how she's moving, she's all swaddled up, looking like a worm.

• Like 4
  • Haha 9