Froggy the Great

Randomness XV: 'tis a silly place.

Homeward bound... looking forward to an evening of CPA study. mostly rewriting my notes. 

Trying to decide what to do with the beholder mini I picked up at the FLGS last night. I already painted one up... Maybe make this one undead?

• Like 9

25 minutes ago, LittleBluberry said:

And I remembered the scenario where my cell phone camera is awful: school concerts.  The stage lights are too bright. Unfortunately I forgot to try and bring a traditional camera yesterday so I didn't test it out in that scenario.  

Yeah, high dynamic range scenes are hard. A well-lit stage is notably darker than outside in daylight, so it's not the absolute brightness that's the problem but the brightness relative to the dark areas next to the lights. And exposure algorithms often guess wrong about what the right exposure should be.

That kind of situation is hard for automatic exposure modes in higher-end cameras as well, but there you have the option of manual exposure. Similar problems arise when you're trying to take a photo of someone with a window in the background. Our eyes are good at making that kind of adjustment, but cameras not so much.

• Like 8

48 minutes ago, kristof65 said:

THAT'S NOT WHAT THAT IS FOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'M TELLING MOM!

MOMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!  PEZLER'S PAINTING EVERYTHING AGAIN!

*yells from the next room without looking up from painting*

TELL HIM HE MISSED A SPOT!

AND THAT HE'D BETTER BE USING SHINY PAINTS OR THERE'LL BE TROUBLE!! 

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 19

1 hour ago, Doug Sundseth said:

I have days when I take fewer than 200 photos. Not good days, mind. :B):

True enough.  For me, it's whenever something catches my attention enough, so that's probably part of the problem. 

Don't worry, once I get into astrophotography I'll be putting plenty of shutter actuations onto the camera :p  gotta love how one pic half the time is a composite of several hundred... Because that's the only way to get decent data if you're on the ground. 

1 hour ago, Doug Sundseth said:

LifePixel was where I saw the pricing.

If you ever find yourself in Colorado or if you get to ReaperCon, let me know and you're welcome to try my cameras.

LifePixel is nice, especially since they stock some that KolariVision doesn't, but their pricing can be somewhat deceptive, since it usually showcases price, with the modification being an addition to the price.... Whereas KolariVision prices them as converted cameras. 

I'll definitely keep that offer in mind ^_^

• Like 7

Huh. Home and ranch store is having hot dog and soda for a quarter Saturday. I was planning to go Friday, but maybe I’ll have to delay that. It’s a fundraiser, with the quarter going to charity. Now I have to decide just how cheap I want to be. Can’t give just the quarter, but don’t want to drive it up to the point where I should have gone to a restaurant.

• Like 10

4 hours ago, Pingo said:

There has been some speculation about whether we’ll hear anything about a much-beloved biology teacher who was suddenly and shockingly fired in extremely sketchy circumstances last winter. Basically no one believes the admins, who are pretty unpopular and adversarial, that this was in any way justified.

The faculty have been wearing protest buttons much of the spring, and the students in wood shop have been making luggage tags in his support.

Yup.

Every year the school tries to get a prominent graduate to speak, someone who’s gone on to become a Supreme Court Justice or an astrophysicist or something. This year it was a Public Defender who’s running for District Attorney, who had some good things to say about justice and the legal system and systemic injustice and making the world a better place ... and gave a big shout out to the kids who have been making the luggage tags and named the teacher they’re making them for, to thunderous applause.

• Like 13

8 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Baby is chasing Hubby off the bed. He says she started on my side and has been scooting over all night. In the ten minutes between first getting home and bringing up a bottle, she had indeed scooted closer to him. He's perilously close to the edge. 

I dunno how she's moving, she's all swaddled up, looking like a worm.

Heh! I've been there. ::P:

The Auld Grump

19 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Delivery instructions: please do not ring doorbell! Baby is sleeping!

Shhh, the baby is sleeping.

The Auld Grump

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

You all laughed when I said that I'd spray colour into the air and cover everything. YOU ALL LAUGHED!!!!!!!

20190613_140701.thumb.jpg.f664b9c15e80dc88e32039bc4860efe7.jpg

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!! *airbrushes everyone and everything*

I don't think you will.::P:

• Haha 11

26 minutes ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Woooooo, that basketball game was a nailbiter.

Don't let them play on your hands then, and by they, I mean teething children? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

45 minutes ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Woooooo, that basketball game was a nailbiter.

The Sportsball is Over!!

The Sportsball is Over!!

The Sportsball is Over!!

The Sportsball is Over!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

It appears that buried in the new Reapermini website, they've now changed the free shipping from $35 US to $75 US. There was absolutely no mention of this at all before this. A price increase I can understand, but it upsets me greatly that they never said anything about this at all, and that they made such a high jump for us across the border. I just shake my head, I don't know what I can do about this right now.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 13