Froggy the Great

Randomness XV: 'tis a silly place.

18 minutes ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

It appears that buried in the new Reapermini website, they've now changed the free shipping from $35 US to $75 US. There was absolutely no mention of this at all before this. A price increase I can understand, but it upsets me greatly that they never said anything about this at all, and that they made such a high jump for us across the border. I just shake my head, I don't know what I can do about this right now.

There isn't anything we can do, except for b**** about it.:zombie:

• Like 1
  • Sad 7

I have a pre op appointment! ::D:

It's in a month and a half :ph34r:

Well, I did say I'd be busy until August. Doctor took me seriously for once.

• Like 14

1 hour ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

Thinkgeek is having a 50%off sale on everything.

GEM

Oooooooh dear, my wallet did NOT need to hear about this. :zombie:

45 minutes ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

It appears that buried in the new Reapermini website, they've now changed the free shipping from $35 US to $75 US. 

Free shipping to US is now $40, shipping to Canada is $75. Since my last order was a big one, I didn't notice the $5 US increase. 

Correct me if I'm wrong (I probably am), but wasn't the threshold for Canada always around that?

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, OneBoot said:

Free shipping to US is now $40, shipping to Canada is $75. Since my last order was a big one, I didn't notice the $5 US increase. 

Correct me if I'm wrong (I probably am), but wasn't the threshold for Canada always around that?

Huzzah! 

On May 30th, it was the same as US. I put an order in for $44 USD, got free shipping at that time. It changed in the last two weeks. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 5

8 minutes ago, OneBoot said:

Huzzah! 

Evidently they are making some major changes.

They are also telling people to cash in their points as they will be expiring when the "move" happens.

They are pitching the sale as a "Moving Sale"

Going to have to spend some time going over the site very carefully.

GEM

Congrats to @buglips*the*goblin for snagging one of the Dragon Turtles given away today on Reaper Live

• Like 10

17 minutes ago, OneBoot said:

Huzzah! 

No, it had always been the same as the U.S., it looks like Canadian orders are going to drop quite a bit now. Before it was easy to order Reaper stuff on a whim, but now you either have to wait until you have a large enough order, or else not bother to make an order at all.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 5

9 minutes ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

No, it had always been the same as the U.S., it looks like Canadian orders are going to drop quite a bit now. Before it was easy to order Reaper stuff on a whim, but now you either have to wait until you have a large enough order, or else not bother to make an order at all.

Was the change such that it will be tougher for retailers, or just individuals? 

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

Was the change such that it will be tougher for retailers, or just individuals? 

Individuals. My FLGS may be small, but her orders are routinely over the $75 U.S. mark.

• Like 8

I figured they would order lots more, but wasn't sure if other shipping woes might slam them a bit. I think that Reaper just lost its spot as my go-to source for miscellaneous needs. To Dark Sword first for PCs and important characters now! To Scale 75 for paint! <harumph>

• Like 6
  • Sad 3

We have an Airshow at the base today and tomorrow.

Live Feed:

https://www.gids.tv/video/77224/kijk-live-mee-bij-de-luchtmachtdagen-2019

8 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

This will come in handy for highlighting @Glitterwolf's fur.

In fact......... I could do your fur to make you look exactly like Glitterwolf!

Hey! My fur is all natural I tell you!

Whispers:

So my Tuesday appointment still stands?

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 2
  • Haha 7

5 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

It appears that buried in the new Reapermini website, they've now changed the free shipping from $35 US to $75 US. There was absolutely no mention of this at all before this. A price increase I can understand, but it upsets me greatly that they never said anything about this at all, and that they made such a high jump for us across the border. I just shake my head, I don't know what I can do about this right now.

Uff, that's a hefty increase...

:zombie:

1 hour ago, Chaoswolf said:

Yay, it's Friday!

:bday:

This calls for coffee!!

• Like 9

Some rude guy just swore at me for wishing him good luck. <_<

Seriously, why do I even try to be nice? These people still treat me like dirt, no matter how nice I am to them.

• Like 3
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 4

7 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

I'm... "Miffed" feels appropriate enough.  At least since that won't get mod bats/hammers coming my way.  I want to say a LOT more than that.  Even worse, it was a silent update done after a silent change, and the FAQ was only updated once someone asked them on Facebook. 

Darsc put up a thread over here: https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/86810-change-in-minimum-dollar-amount-for-free-delivery-on-canadian-orders/

Seeing that they won't even answer questions that get put up in the FAQ section, I guess silence is the new policy for some reason. 

It's more than twice the price, and we aren't even guaranteed a tracking number now.  This is behavior I expect of the big 5 banks (increase fees, lower services), not a miniatures company.  Lack of tracking numbers means you're leaving your customers in the dark, and can give the impression that the company simply doesn't care about customers from other areas, especially when paired with a lack of communication. 

6 hours ago, OneBoot said:

It used to be $35 USD for free shipping for us Canadians, and most of us would throw a few more dollars in to get the freebie miniature. 

6 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

My budget is tight, so making a monthly order at $55 CAD a shot ($41 USD) was tough enough, but now it's a minimum of $100 CAD, which has me looking at different companies out there.  Put into perspective, Games Workshop is only $80 for free shipping, Oathsworn (who has to send the package almost halfway around the world!) is only $50 CAD (£30)...

But yeah, it would take almost two and a half months of saving up my discretionary purchases budget to get free shipping.  Sorry, if I'm doing that I'm more than likely just going to put the money in the camera lens saving fund. 

Sure, some other places are higher for minimum to get free shipping, like MeepleMart but they also tend to have fairly large things they carry - that and if you don't hit free shipping threshold, it's only $10, not $25+.

5 hours ago, Cyradis said:

I figured they would order lots more, but wasn't sure if other shipping woes might slam them a bit. I think that Reaper just lost its spot as my go-to source for miscellaneous needs. To Dark Sword first for PCs and important characters now! To Scale 75 for paint! <harumph>

Yup, paint from other sources is what I'm pretty much forced to do too.  Buying 10-12 pots at a time was mostly doable (or a few minis and half a dozen paints), but now if I have to buy almost two dozen to get free shipping... That's a lot of planning, not to mention saving up. 

Whoever thought it was a good idea to silently increase everything with no warning, and have some of those increases be more than 100% better be the one having to read all the complaint letters, and not some poor front line member of staff. 

• Like 9

Sitting at an otherwise empty table at Origins Game Fair waiting on players for my Basic Fantasy RPG game. 8 AM is always questionable for running games at a con. Last year I had 5 or 6 players for this slot. I wonder how long I should wait? Been a half an hour now. Think I'm gonna call it.

• Like 2
  • Sad 7