Froggy the Great

Randomness XV: 'tis a silly place.

1 hour ago, redambrosia said:

Some rude guy just swore at me for wishing him good luck. <_<

Seriously, why do I even try to be nice? These people still treat me like dirt, no matter how nice I am to them.

Most people S*&#k!

• Like 7

50 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

Most people S*&#k!

Disagree strongly. Some people are very nice nearly always. Most people are nice most of the time. A few people are often or always jerks.

Guess who is easy to notice and remember.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

It appears that buried in the new Reapermini website, they've now changed the free shipping from $35 US to $75 US. There was absolutely no mention of this at all before this. A price increase I can understand, but it upsets me greatly that they never said anything about this at all, and that they made such a high jump for us across the border. I just shake my head, I don't know what I can do about this right now.

Well, that was unexpected ::(: Does it mean that you have a higher chance of paying import fees? 

Also congrats on getting the airbrush! If you don't have any, I'd advise picking up some Vallejo Flow Improver. I was on the verge of selling my airbrush set up before I started using it.

This fellow is REALLY annoying, but his airbrush tips are really, really good and worth suffering all the nonsense he spouts. The actual good stuff starts at 2:40

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rLeWGzJbHzI

• Like 5

2 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Seriously, why do I even try to be nice? These people still treat me like dirt, no matter how nice I am to them.

Try telling them to, “have a blessed day”.

That has become an odd fad in places I haunt. 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Mother says that I should always be polite when we have new guests at the hotel.

-Norman Bates

The Auld Grump

• Haha 19

Been up two hours now on my day off. I should probably get dressed and, oh, I dunno. Do something.

• Haha 5

Still at the Airbase, the show is going well.

We expect even more visitors tomorrow.

Means i will work on Saturday as well...

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor Luchtmachtdagen Volkel

Gerelateerde afbeelding

Gerelateerde afbeelding

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor Luchtmachtdagen VolkelGerelateerde afbeeldingAfbeeldingsresultaat voor Luchtmachtdagen Volkel

• Like 17

22 minutes ago, TGP said:

Try telling them to, “have a blessed day”.

That has become an odd fad in places I haunt. 

My friends and I have a running joke about using "best wishes" to tell someone to elf off without them knowing it, that started after a teacher sent a rude email about someone's grades and signed it that way. I almost never use it, but it has come in handy as a coping mechanism while working customer service

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Kuroneko said:

Nice photos, @Glitterwolf! Is that the Red Arrows I see?

Red Arrows did a great show,

As did the Italians and French and Swiss.

We did a combat simulation hence the explosion...

• Like 10

While the silence from Reaper is disappointing, having to raise the minimums is understandable.  I've seen shipping price increases across the board when shipping to my customers.  And just yesterday I had to listen to a retired UPS driver complain that it cost him $51 to ship a component to me for repair via UPS Ground. 

• Like 8

https://www.omroepbrabant.nl/nieuws/3014196/Loopings-vuur-rook-en-de-F-35-Luchtmachtdagen-in-Volkel-leveren-fraai-spektakel-op-LIVEBLOG

EDIT: I know it's Dutch, but if you click on the videos in this article you can see lots of the show.

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 5

13 hours ago, OneBoot said:

I'm not sure what I just watched. But it was awesome. :bday:

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

That is one of two (2) hip hop or rap songs in my collection of music. (And Megan's reaction was kind of the same as yours. 'WTF was that?' - only not the acronym. ::P: )

The other is Read a Book (Warning - foul language. Lots of it.) To the tune of Beethoven's 5th....

Megan is saying that she will be wrapping her Eberron game in a few months, and is working on a Norse kingdom management game.

I am thinking about a variant PC - from an equivalent to the area that the Eastern Roman Empire called The Land of the Row Boats. ::P: (Or, just possibly, Land of the Red Heads.)

Or maybe do a rider from the taiga, possibly a ranger, possibly a paladin. With points in Dance and Acrobatics.

Lawful, but using Law to protect the Chaos of others. (Not protecting from Chaos - protecting the right of freedom, and making the world safe to travel. Ideally, a multiclass ranger/paladin.) Mounted archer, medium armor, able to dismount from a moving horse at a run.

Also, married, with two daughters. ::): (And loads of uncles, aunts, cousins, nephews, nieces, more cousins.... Enough to populate a small village. ::P: )

Recently got a map for Mimr's Well - sent it to her device.

Also sending her Monkey God's Frost & Fur. (Has one of my favorite magic items - a box containing d100 cows.)

The Auld Grump

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, TheAuldGrump said:

(Has one of my favorite magic items - a box containing d100 cows.)

I need to hear more about this...

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Kuroneko said:

Well, that was unexpected ::(: Does it mean that you have a higher chance of paying import fees? 

Technically yes, but in practice anything below $85 got through without VAT so long as there were at least 2 weeks between orders.  I found this out during the 25th anniversary year.  

$75 is a big jump, so we'll see how it shakes out (also, I note that now we're divorced from the US rate - previously US/Canada free shipping was pegged to the same number).  For someone like me who habitually buys in $80 batches it won't be something I notice, but I may be atypical.  If it makes Reaper a less competitive option, then I presume people will adjust their spending accordingly.  

Nice to see that patented Reaper communication still working its magic, tho.  :upside:

• Like 11