Froggy the Great

Randomness XV: 'tis a silly place.

9 minutes ago, Sylverthorne said:

So, Ambush planned for Thursday, or are you just going to neaten this up into one polite letter and send it to them?

'cause I would.

Ambush might be the wrong word.. but... y'know. ^^;

Short of everyone affected sending an email to them, this might be the only solution. As angry as we are about it all, does it really matter to Reaper? Do WE even matter? How they handle this will be the true test of who they really are, I suppose.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

19 minutes ago, Sylverthorne said:

So, Ambush planned for Thursday, or are you just going to neaten this up into one polite letter and send it to them?

'cause I would.

Ambush might be the wrong word.. but... y'know. ^^;

No, I already addressed it some time back.  It will either change or it won't.  Usually I try to be quiet about my gripes because I try hard not to say negative things about Reaper openly.  

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

I want tonight to end, and then for my overtime shift tomorrow to be over so I can go hang out with a couple friends for the last time before they officially move to New York and are largely gone forever. They'll be back for the 4th of July, and we have concert tickets for the week after that, but then they probably won't be back for quite a while. Possibly Labor Day, but I wouldn't be surprised if I don't see them again until Memorial Day next year.

I can't be mad, because they're moving to better themselves financially and they've bought a house up there and everything, but I'm still sad.

• Sad 9

@redambrosia tell them at work to make you a new name tag with "Norma Bates" on it.

Well, I survived the welding class last night and will probably learn a lot.Then today got through the Box of Good Will, picked up a new box to ship it in, then did some final finishing work on the gazebo. Hopefully, the weather tomorrow will cooperate so I can make a shooting competition.

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, Flamehawke said:

Ummm. Hi all. Sorry for long silence...

Welcome back! Hope life's been treating you okay.

I've now rewritten pages of CPA notes, had a beer... my hand is cramping a bit, so I think I'm gonna walk the beasts in the park. 

• Like 9

13 minutes ago, Crowley said:

Welcome back! Hope life's been treating you okay.

I've now rewritten pages of CPA notes, had a beer... my hand is cramping a bit, so I think I'm gonna walk the beasts in the park. 

And then there were fireworks, so... not so much... 

• Like 6

Yes it is. I just got the space to paint again. I'm also now married, which was part of the silence. Had to adjust to the new life. We also wound up with two new cats added recent. Calico that looks more like a Tortie Tux and a standard black and white tux.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Flamehawke said:

Yes it is. I just got the space to paint again. I'm also now married, which was part of the silence. Had to adjust to the new life. We also wound up with two new cats added recent. Calico that looks more like a Tortie Tux and a standard black and white tux.

Congrats!! :bday: :wub: :bday:

• Like 9

Thanks. Their names are Amaya and Bran. Kinda fun. My husband's dog adores Bran and plays with him when we bring him out

• Like 13

8 minutes ago, Flamehawke said:

Congratulations!

• Like 10

Wonder how much painting I’ll get done tonight?

One 2 hour nap later...

Uh... hmmm.

Edited by Pegazus
  • Like 1
  • Haha 8

I'm introducing my husband to painting. Mostly by painting up minis to resemble his characters at times. I have 3 in front of me currently.

Volunteeered at the shelter today

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Flamehawke said:

Welcome back, and congratulations all 'round! :bday: :bday:

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

• Like 9

8 hours ago, kristof65 said:

So do I. It's hard to raise my contract rate with my Canadian client when the disparity is doing it for me, and I'm not seeing anything additional. 

This just happened:

Get a circuit board in from the lab that I asked them to thoroughly test so I can figure out what's happening at a customer's site.  The board comes back with a report saying everything on the board tests fine, only thing wrong was some missing fuses.  Throw the board on to my test set to program it so I can send it back to the customer - and it DAMAGES MY TEST SET PRINTER, giving me the exact same symptom my customer had. 

On the up side, I now know exactly what happened at the customer's site, and how to fix it. 

On the down side, this means the lab didn't thoroughly test the board at all - in fact, it means they barely tested it.    Somebody's getting reamed over this...

I sincerely hope that part of the reaming is the Replacement Cost for your Test Printer, plus suitable compensation for the time to rebuild the rig and test it to certify proper functionality has been restored.

GEM

7 hours ago, kristof65 said:

And to show you how my day is going...

...before I reamed anyone, I tested things again just to make sure I had all my ducks in a row, and the dang thing is working, even my "damaged" board.

On the upside, it means the lab probably did test it, and I didn't make a fool of myself by accusing them (directly) of not doing their job. 

On the downside, it means I have no idea why it wasn't working before, why it works now, nor what to do about the customer. 

on the coping side, I'm going to see if I can get a Reaper Gremlin mini or two painted, and photograph them standing on the circuit board, and point to that as the problem. 

Well, at least there is a possible upside.

I used to hate having to troubleshoot problems like that.

In the Navy we'd sometimes have to dog those over several days with each shift banging away at it until the problem finally gave up and surrendered to our [tongue in cheek] "superior Technical Expertise" [or just plain bloody minded stubornness].

GEM

Edited by Green Eyed Monster
  • Like 6