Froggy the Great

Randomness XV: 'tis a silly place.

Just now, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

*quickly slithers out of the dustpan and covers @Corsair* AHA! Right into my trap!

Corsair has breathed so much pepper spray over the decades, he is immune so sprays Pezler with the stuff

• Haha 10

4 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

Wellll... Spade and Sword do share a root.... (Spatha Osseum? Spatha Osseous?Magical  Bone Shovel Polearm Thing What I Hits Things With?)

Huh, I hadn't realized that someone has done a redesign of Magic Realm, and released it for free. I haven't played it since... gods, the very early Eighties? The late Seventies? Hopefully the rules are a bit less of a tangled mess. (A wonderfully pretty game, but... the rules are a bit of a shambles.)

With a little fiddling I might be able to scale the tiles to fit with the Mighty Empires ones. Megan can use the Magic Realms ones for special locations.

Actually... thinking of how heroes, treasures, and monsters were handled in the game, Magic Realm also kind of reminds me of the old Bylinas.

The Auld Grump

Thanks! I will take you up on that!

I always liked Mighty Empires, and I keep thinking about modifying it for Kings of War.

There was also an attempt at modifying it for Ninth Age, which might be worth looking for if you play it. (9th Age is... not bad. I like it a lot more than Age of Sigmar, just not as much as Kings of War. Kings of War makes me think more of 3rd edition Warhammer than any of the later versions.)

The Auld Grump - I wonder if Megan would be interested in having her maps serve double duty with Kings of War....

I was thinking about handling some of the historical battles that way, but it would give away too much of the map.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

*sneezles, explodes over everything*

glbb.png

• Haha 10

21 minutes ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Think you can do that to me? I'll show YOU!!! *turns into goo*

That's what the liquid nitrogen is for.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 10

19 minutes ago, PaganMegan said:

I don't think I have ever even heard of Magic Realm.

I have, but only as a euphemism for a surprising variety of things.  Some of those being less magical realms than others.

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

2 minutes ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

That was bloody amazing to watch.

He's an amazing artist. If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend his Gold Mine diorama video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b25H-5BeWvY

Well, actually I recommend all of them, but that one was particularly amazing.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Doug Sundseth said:

He's an amazing artist. If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend his Gold Mine diorama video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b25H-5BeWvY

Well, actually I recommend all of them, but that one was particularly amazing.

Liked and subscribed. I'm going to learn a lot from him.

• Like 8

11 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Show off?

I don't know my camera refuses to cooperate and I'm a year out of practice...

I did spend sometime sorting minis out today

• Like 6

My youngest brother is painting a mini right now. When I started out he painted one with me and promptly lost interest, so I'm very excited to see him getting back into it... But I'm trying not to show it too much lest I frighten the teenager away with my enthusiasm ::P:

• Like 12

3 hours ago, Sylverthorne said:

For my purposes, I don't see this being a problem; anything I run using Starfinder rules is automatically going to diverge from the setting, simply because I don't like very much of what they've done with their setting. ^^;

it's not the worst thing, but it was a little annoying because I had started from the setting info in the core book, and then as the campaign went on I had to keep saying "ignore that section" to more and more books as things diverged further and further

• Like 7

Spent the afternoon experimenting with paints. In addition to the miniature, I got paint on me, the carpet, the table, and the doorknob.  Gonna call it a success.

• Like 7
  • Haha 7

Like anyone that has spent years in the retail management profession (or any other profession, for that matter); I am used to having to put out fires at work, but today’s was a little too literal.  Someone managed to catch the mulch in our islands in the parking lot on fire with a carelessly discarded cigarette.  Everyone at work is thankful that I know how to use a fire extinguisher, especially those that park in the spaces closest to where the fire was.  Out of the four mulch/grass fires that I have had to put out at my places of employment over the years, this is the first where you could see flames coming out of the mulch.  One other you could see flames eating the grass between the store I worked at at that time and the highway it is located on before I got it out.

pro tip that I forgot today, if using a powder based extinguisher outside, make sure you aren’t spraying upwind of yourself.  That mess burns when you breathe it in, and it is corrosive so it continues burning.

• Like 13