Froggy the Great

Randomness XV: 'tis a silly place.

3 hours ago, Crowley said:

Heh... This happened a few sessions back in my game. "Sorry guys, I meant to cast lightning bolt..."

Back in the day when lightning bolt could bounce back in the opposite direction when it hit a wall, zapping everyone in its path a second time............

• Like 6
  • Haha 5

Just overheard a great comment, "Nah, we don't have the 5 second rule at our house, we have a 2 second Boston Terrier."

• Like 5
  • Haha 16

On 5/30/2019 at 6:20 AM, eldamir said:

The jeep title was mailed to him (after I made copies of everything!) and I also did some google research on the names on the title so I can go to them possibly if necessary.

Title is clear and in my name now!

Now for the fun part of getting it all together again .. and I thought mini's were a money sink!  D

"Just have to add fenders and a bumper" turned into "the body's not straight on the frame" which turned into "all of the body mounts are rotted" which turned into "and two of them are missing entirely along with the section of tub they're supposed to bolt into" which has turned into "holy smokes, there's a lot of rust damage on this tub!"

Currently have a line on an entire tub that has nearly no rust, but is 3.5 hours away that I can trade for the extra pieces I convinced the other guy to include in the trade.. 

So far, between parts and tools, I've spent another $500 on it already!

• Like 10
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 2

Sooo can't wait to get home so I can plan how I'm going to spend money I don't have yet - aka continue the filtering process of all the neat scenery I have up in various tabs atm in Chrome and try to come up with a list of terrain items that will not only work together, but won't be an order that's too too expensive combine with delivery drivers wanting to kill me because of weight :p ..and then figure out how ill be doing the ordering and such. 

Still kind of surprised at how fast my thoughts went from "sci-fi gaming board" to "oh look, my 28mm board is going to be an Infinity one because I like the look, and their minis." 

...I don't even play Infinity!  ...Yet.  I keep getting tempted by it though. 

... The Necromunda and CAV boards I was already expecting, just slightly surprised my creative self went towards Infinity themed stuff so quick.  Then again, that new TTCombat stuff is gorgeous, so.... 

Sure helps keep the pain this right knee is in at bay though (yay for taking a break in a customer's parking lot to rest said knee!).  I really should have sat down a bit on Sat night, to say the least.  But man, I got to see some awesome stuff. 

• Like 8

On 6/14/2019 at 2:38 PM, TGP said:

As of today: Last Friday 14 June:

2 Canadian Dollar equals

1.49 United States Dollar

(I wonder if the new integrated store website is making on-the-fly dynamic  calculations for stuff like this and this is more of an unintended consequence than an unannounced plan.)

The rate is unchanged from 4 days ago. 

If the difference was based solely on the current difference in currency value $40US works out to (rounding up) $55CAD. 

I tripped over (trying to look for the June Ogre) the shipping policy words for myself today:

Yes! We offer free USPS shipping to any US or Canadian destination on orders valued at $40 USD or $75 USD or more, respectively.

We also offer a free shipping option for orders over €45, £40 and $100 AUD.

Please be aware that the customer is responsible for any local import fees or tariffs regardless of shipping cost.
International retailers and distributors are responsible for their actual shipping costs.

You can choose to ship with another option, but free shipping will not apply.

When you select free shipping, we will choose the least expensive shipping option for us, regardless of tracking status.

USD and AUD packages originate from our factory in Denton, TX. GBP and EUR packages ship from our warehouse in Nottingham, UK.

Look at the last paragraph closely. Where do Canada (CAD) packages ship from? What happened to the Aussie shipping point, did it / will it shut down after Bones4 ??

Here is a recent article about shipping things into Canada that explains a few things.

Hilarious image from the article:

usa_mail_1516987710.jpg

I have to guess the green box is CanadaPost ? :unsure:

• Like 1
  • Haha 12

2 hours ago, Corsair said:

Just overheard a great comment, "Nah, we don't have the 5 second rule at our house, we have a 2 second Boston Terrier."

Growing up we had a zero second Boston Terrier, most of the time food wouldn’t hit the floor. Sometimes she would get ahold of whatever you were eating as you swallowed it. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Back in the day when lightning bolt could bounce back in the opposite direction when it hit a wall, zapping everyone in its path a second time............

Back in the day... Is now! Much to my amusement, and my players distress! :lol: :devil:

Work keeps getting more complicated... :rolleyes: I swear, accounting sometimes seems to add complications just for the fun of it. 

• Like 10

Wasn’t it today that Reaper was supposed to put up any extra Left over Bones 4 add ons for sale on their online store?

I’m sure that’s what was said on the last Reaper Live episode.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, TGP said:

The rate is unchanged from 4 days ago. 

If the difference was based solely on the current difference in currency value $40US works out to (rounding up) $55CAD. 

I tripped over (trying to look for the June Ogre) the shipping policy words for myself today:

The $75 is not $75 CAD, it's $75 US.  

1 hour ago, TGP said:

Look at the last paragraph closely. Where do Canada (CAD) packages ship from? What happened to the Aussie shipping point, did it / will it shut down after Bones4 ??

We ship from the US, we always have.  There has never been a CAD option on the reaper site, we do our transactions in USD.  

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Erifnogard said:

I was going to say the caffeine wasn’t really helping this morning and then realized I haven’t had any. Now trying to choose between consuming some or just going to sleep at my desk. 

Yes..sleep, that's what Elder Gods are supposed to do when they're not summoned, right?

• Like 5

42 minutes ago, Darsc Zacal said:

Wasn’t it today that Reaper was supposed to put up any extra Left over Bones 4 add ons for sale on their online store?

I’m sure that’s what was said on the last Reaper Live episode.

I saw some. But $350 is outta my price range. 

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, buglips*the*goblin said:

The $75 is not $75 CAD, it's $75 US.  

We ship from the US, we always have.  There has never been a CAD option on the reaper site, we do our transactions in USD.  

It looks like a typo, but ok, that explains the angst-rage a bit better. 

In that Planetweb CA article it mentions that USAdian NAFTA negotiators are trying to get CANAdian trade authorities to match the exemption levels. (For shipment of Goods going South it is $800 but for goods going North they reported $20. Although, I thought you reported somewhere it is a defacto $80?)

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, TGP said:

I saw some. But $350 is outta my price range. 

That’s the core sets and expansions they have up.

The add ons would be the dragons, the chicken hut, etc.

• Like 5

Duncan is thinking about running a Fallout tabletop game set in Australia....

'Australia is over run with strange mutant creatures in the aftermath of the apocalypse.

No one really notices any changes.' :;,;:

I think he is aiming at more Mad Max than Fallout, but in the Fallout world - Australia is actually not all that damaged, having no real targets. (My own view is that it is close enough to China that they would take it, pretty much as a target of opportunity.)

*EDIT* Or, maybe, just maybe... Tank Girl is the main inspiration... I momentarily forgot that he is actually a fan of both the comic and the movie.

*EDIT 2* Duncan is one of only three people that I know who actually liked Tank Girl, the movie.... (The other two are my ex-girlfriend and her sister.)

The Auld Grump

Edited by TheAuldGrump
  • Like 5

Minor moment of entertainment at the Thorne Hobby Desk; hunting about for a mini to test the contrast paints. I turn up one of about a million old guys with beards, pointy hats and fancy staves - and acres of robe, perfect for testing new paint on - excellent! Clean him up. Take a second look at him. Take a THIRD look; and pick up the chibi wizard I just finished to compare the two.

. .. I found chibi-wizard's full-size counterpart. I am amused. Looking this up, it seems Galladon - the wizard in question - has a few variants. I am definitely amused.

It is possible I am easily entertained. I don't necessarily see that as a bad thing. ^_^

• Like 7
  • Haha 12