Froggy the Great

Randomness XV: 'tis a silly place.

Just gave up trying to find a crate from Bones 2. Spent two hours trying to find it. In frustration, I'm going to go paint some spaceships.

• Like 6
  • Haha 7

28 minutes ago, TGP said:

It looks like a typo, but ok, that explains the angst-rage a bit better. 

In that Planetweb CA article it mentions that USAdian NAFTA negotiators are trying to get CANAdian trade authorities to match the exemption levels. (For shipment of Goods going South it is $800 but for goods going North they reported $20. Although, I thought you reported somewhere it is a defacto $80?)

Don't try to figure it out.  I've tried and it's something man was not meant to know.  It says $20, but in two solid years of orders from Reaper bi-weekly only those more often than 2 weeks between or above $85 got tagged.  I have no information beyond that, which I gained by trying to figure out how it worked and when things got tagged.  This may not even be consistent, only appearing so from my end (i.e. just a lot of lucky timing)

• Like 9

17 minutes ago, buglips*the*goblin said:

Don't try to figure it out.  I've tried and it's something man was not meant to know.

Good job I play a Griffin on the Internet then. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

I still have no idea where the from-UK threshold for duties/taxes is.  I poured money into Warlord trying to find out, with one order $275 and a $125 order three days later so they'd be separate packages but close together.  Still nothing.  If that was from the US I'd have been shaken down hard.  

Theoretically, this would make Reaper's UK site a better option* if this pattern holds true.  Until one of them winds up in the postal clink for bail money, I have no idea.  

*Bearing in mind that my location is closer to the UK and on a Royal Mail stop, so my experience may vary from the rest of Canada.

Edited by buglips*the*goblin
  • Like 9

Every machine is a smoke machine if you operate it wrong enough.

• Like 1
  • Haha 21

Just now, Chaoswolf said:

Though you have to work really hard to get a wedge to smoke.

• Like 1
  • Haha 13

4 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

Yes.  I once had a lawnmower I forgot to put oil into.  

1 minute ago, Doug Sundseth said:

Though you have to work really hard to get a wedge to smoke.

I bet he had a pack or two after Endor.  

Edited by buglips*the*goblin
  • Like 2
  • Haha 15

1 hour ago, TheAuldGrump said:

*EDIT 2* Duncan is one of only three people that I know who actually liked Tank Girl, the movie.... (The other two are my ex-girlfriend and her sister.)

The Auld Grump

I liked the Tank Girl movie but I like quirky movies. Never read the comic.  

• Like 5

On 6/17/2019 at 7:50 AM, Corsair said:

Surgery? We can do it! "Paging Doctor Howard, Doctor Fine, Doctor Howard!

I'm afraid that one went right over a lot of peoples heads,::D:

Gem

Nyuck - Nyuck - Nyuck

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, eldamir said:

Title is clear and in my name now!

Now for the fun part of getting it all together again .. and I thought mini's were a money sink!  D

"Just have to add fenders and a bumper" turned into "the body's not straight on the frame" which turned into "all of the body mounts are rotted" which turned into "and two of them are missing entirely along with the section of tub they're supposed to bolt into" which has turned into "holy smokes, there's a lot of rust damage on this tub!"

Currently have a line on an entire tub that has nearly no rust, but is 3.5 hours away that I can trade for the extra pieces I convinced the other guy to include in the trade.. 

So far, between parts and tools, I've spent another $500 on it already!

Hope that the new tub isn't tweaked from having come off of a tweaked frame, or that your frame is tweaked and has to be straightened on a jig for the new tub to fit right.

Welcome to the world of frame up builds.

GEM

• Like 8

For gits and shiggles, I went looking for the other five chibi-hero's larger counterparts. Found all but one; the fierce lady with the shield and sword doesn't seem to have a counterpart.

Ah, well. Such is life.

Now, what was I doing again? *wanders off, easily distracted..*

• Like 12

38 minutes ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

Hope that the new tub isn't tweaked from having come off of a tweaked frame, or that your frame is tweaked and has to be straightened on a jig for the new tub to fit right.

Welcome to the world of frame up builds.

GEM

There's always that concern, but at least we've already established that my frame is straight.. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sylverthorne said:

For gits and shiggles, I went looking for the other five chibi-hero's larger counterparts. Found all but one; the fierce lady with the shield and sword doesn't seem to have a counterpart.

Monique DeNoir?  Try these:

She doesn't have a Bones release (yet?).

• Like 9

7 hours ago, TGP said:

The rate is unchanged from 4 days ago. 

If the difference was based solely on the current difference in currency value $40US works out to (rounding up) $55CAD. 

I tripped over (trying to look for the June Ogre) the shipping policy words for myself today:

Look at the last paragraph closely. Where do Canada (CAD) packages ship from? What happened to the Aussie shipping point, did it / will it shut down after Bones4 ??

Here is a recent article about shipping things into Canada that explains a few things.

Hilarious image from the article:

usa_mail_1516987710.jpg

I have to guess the green box is CanadaPost ? :unsure:

The article says that Canada's $20 limit was the lowest of any western country. That may have been the case in the past, but Australia's government decided to lower our threshold to nothing a year or two ago. And force overseas retailers to collect the GST on their behalf.

So now I have to pay GST on a 95c USB cable from China or anything like that I'm trying to buy...

• Like 2
  • Sad 9

39 minutes ago, Xiwo Xerase said:
2 hours ago, Sylverthorne said:

Monique DeNoir?  Try these:

She doesn't have a Bones release (yet?).

That might be her; the Klock sculpt looks closest. 

That's ... actually, I rather like that. >.>

• Like 6