Froggy the Great

Randomness XV: 'tis a silly place.

42 minutes ago, Doug Sundseth said:

Tonight's musical interlude:

The Sound of Silence

... adjacent.

If this is a sample of machines taking over the world then the machines have bigger problems than we can even imagine.

GEM

Toast?

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

16 hours ago, Unruly said:

Jury duty: "All jurors need to park in this lot. Don't park anywhere else or else you're responsible for paying for your parking. Make sure you hang the placard we gave you."

Parking lot has 35 spaces. There's about 100 jurors. So I parked at a meter right across the street, tried to pay it, and the meter was dead. I still put my money in it just in case, and I've got the juror placard hanging in the car. I shouldn't get a ticket based solely on the fact that the meter isn't working, but you never know.

So did you get a ticket?  Would it be the same parking authority you work for or did you say this was in an adjacent town?

Your day of jury duty had to be less bad than this:

dallas-federal-building.jpg

The Building encroaching from the right side of the frame is the Federal Court building in Dallas, Texas. There were about 75 potential jurors just inside.

The photographer that snapped this was hanging around outside waiting for a trial to begin. And then crazy dude kitted out like a soldier showed up (and got his picture taken).

He did not make it past the guys guarding the metal detectors at the door

But I guess the moral is: never wish for an exciting day of jury duty! :wacko:

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 7

9 minutes ago, TGP said:

So did you get a ticket?  Would it be the same parking authority you work for or did you say this was in an adjacent town?

No ticket. And the judge even said that if any of the jurors did get a ticket we should just bring it to the court clerk to get it taken care of because they know that lot is too small to fit everyone on days that everyone is supposed to be there.

And no, I live about 20 miles from where I work, in the next county over. Otherwise I would have just used my parking permit and parked in the same garage that I do for work, because it's both free for me and only a block away from the courthouse.

• Like 10

9 hours ago, Pegazus said:

Just gave up trying to find a crate from Bones 2. Spent two hours trying to find it. In frustration, I'm going to go paint some spaceships.

*** Darn It Scotty, get this crate up will you!!!***

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Sylverthorne said:

That might be her; the Klock sculpt looks closest. 

That's ... actually, I rather like that. >.>

That sculpt of Monique is actually based on the big version of her: 

IMG_2435.JPG.feda9e3ce2989074b588e4f87cf030d3.JPG

I think it's unavailable now.

• Like 10
  • Sad 4

Didn't they name all of the chibi characters at some point during the KS campaign?

Unrelated---sleeping with a sleeping kitty is not conducive to getting up and starting ones' day.

• Like 5
  • Haha 10

56 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

Didn't they name all of the chibi characters at some point during the KS campaign?

Unrelated---sleeping with a sleeping kitty is not conducive to getting up and starting ones' day.

All of the chibis have non-chibi versions. Most of them have previous metal versions. The exceptions are the barbarian girl and Sophie, who does not have an exact copy of that version of her.

• Like 7

Hello, everyone. Been a bit of a while due to some real life stuff. 

Straight into the somewhat nonsensical updates, very tempted to get some bubble tea to make the container into a wizardy tower or something for fun. Would be a foray into terrain which isn't something I've explored a lot in my time in the hobby. 

• Like 14

18 minutes ago, Lord_Ashenwyte said:

Straight into the somewhat nonsensical updates, very tempted to get some bubble tea to make the container into a wizardy tower or something for fun. Would be a foray into terrain which isn't something I've explored a lot in my time in the hobby. 

Welcome back! There are lots of videos on YouTube videos on terrain making. It doesn't have to be difficult to get something that looks good on the table.

For example: https://youtu.be/wvdoRophv_I

• Like 8

45 minutes ago, Lord_Ashenwyte said:

Welcome back!

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Crowley said:

Welcome back! There are lots of videos on YouTube videos on terrain making. It doesn't have to be difficult to get something that looks good on the table.

For example: https://youtu.be/wvdoRophv_I

Thanks for the video! I was thinking of using plastic sprue chunks and gluing those to the container which seems even more tedious than the foam core but I don't really have much to do with my day now I'm on vacation so at least it'll be something productive! :) 

• Like 9

22 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

* Especially from the old days, when a Fireball was 33,000 Cubic Feet, and conformed to the shape of the structure. Thirty-three 10'x10'x10' cubes... and a 30'x30'x10 room uses up only nine of them. Assuming that the lucky wizard cast fireball down the corridor and through the only door into the chamber... care to work out how far down the corridor the blowback is, and compare it to the range of the spell? Whoops.

In those days “of Olde” only the DMs read The Players Handbook that closely, the Players were too busy reading The Dungeon Masters Guide.  <_<

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

1 hour ago, Lord_Ashenwyte said:

Thanks for the video! I was thinking of using plastic sprue chunks and gluing those to the container which seems even more tedious than the foam core but I don't really have much to do with my day now I'm on vacation so at least it'll be something productive! :) 

A quick google search didn’t reveal any containers that looked much like Wizard towers. But I am clueless about bubble-tea. It = boba tea?

• Like 5