Froggy the Great

Randomness XV: 'tis a silly place.

5 hours ago, redambrosia said:

That sculpt of Monique is actually based on the big version of her: 

IMG_2435.JPG.feda9e3ce2989074b588e4f87cf030d3.JPG

I think it's unavailable now.

This does appear to me unavailable now.  I believe the figure was last released as 01444.

3 hours ago, redambrosia said:

All of the chibis have non-chibi versions. Most of them have previous metal versions. The exceptions are the barbarian girl and Sophie, who does not have an exact copy of that version of her.

Do you mean Arnise (14018, a Warlord mini)?

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Lord_Ashenwyte said:

Thanks for the video! I was thinking of using plastic sprue chunks and gluing those to the container which seems even more tedious than the foam core but I don't really have much to do with my day now I'm on vacation so at least it'll be something productive! :) 

Construction paper or cardboard works for brick/stone work too if getting foam is an issue. Unless you've got a lot of sprues you're gonna run out pretty quickly. 

Do be sure to take pics and share your progress in the terrain forum!

More coffee!

• Like 9

16 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

Duncan is thinking about running a Fallout tabletop game set in Australia....

'Australia is over run with strange mutant creatures in the aftermath of the apocalypse.

No one really notices any changes.' :;,;:

I think he is aiming at more Mad Max than Fallout, but in the Fallout world - Australia is actually not all that damaged, having no real targets. (My own view is that it is close enough to China that they would take it, pretty much as a target of opportunity.)

*EDIT* Or, maybe, just maybe... Tank Girl is the main inspiration... I momentarily forgot that he is actually a fan of both the comic and the movie.

*EDIT 2* Duncan is one of only three people that I know who actually liked Tank Girl, the movie.... (The other two are my ex-girlfriend and her sister.)

The Auld Grump

Four. And Five.

Megan is also a fan of the Tank Girl movie.... <_<

So is one of my coworkers.

And, not joking about the 'Not noticing any changes' - Duncan intends to make it more about Civilization vs. Barbarism vs. Aboriginal. And the Raiders (Barbarism) will have tanks.

But the 'Civilized' areas will be very cosmopolitan - super mutants owning a green grocers', for example.*

The Auld Grump - Duncan really liked Professor Hulk in Endgame... Dab!

* This apostrophe brought to you by the Terry Pratchett Green Grocers Extraneous Apostrophe Society'.

• Like 1
  • Haha 11

1 hour ago, TGP said:

A quick google search didn’t reveal any containers that looked much like Wizard towers. But I am clueless about bubble-tea. It = boba tea?

Yup it's the same (delicious) thing. It's the only kind of cold tea that I find to be socially acceptable :poke:

On a totally unrelated note, I really fancy a bubble tea right now....

• Like 7

16 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

Every machine is a smoke machine if you operate it wrong enough.

Except smokers.

Then they don't smoke. (Actually had this happen - the pilot was clogged.)

Interesting time in Andrew's game last night - the faerie forest is on fire - and we didn't start it. (No we didn't light it, though we're tryin' to fight it...)

Someone is burning the forest - and where the fire has burned, the fey cannot go - not even the Summer Court.

I think this is Andrew's revenge for my figuring out the original main plotline way to early, and brokering a peace before the war even started. (But, hey! He ran with it - I and my opposing champion worked out a compromise over a month ago, in game.

Summer and Winter oppose, Autumn and Spring compliment - my character is of the Spring Court and was chosen as Champion of Summer, my opponent is of the Autumn Court, and was chosen as the Champion of Winter... someone in each Court wanted compromise when we were chosen. It just happened sooner than planned. ::P:

Andrew had a bunch of planned encounters that never happened because we figured it out too soon, signing the treaty in the aftermath of The Dragon's Test. Two treasures, one Summer, one Winter - Winner Take All. We cooperated on the test and split it evenly, Winter getting Summer's treasure, Summer getting Winter's, followed by a formal exchange. (Given that he stole the dragon, though not the encounter, from the adventure I wrote for his daughter... he shouldn't be surprised.)

The treaty is binding for Seven Times Seven Years and a Day.

So... now there is another player on the board - that apparently wants the fey to go away.... Iron horseshoe nails driven into the ground in a line across a Straight Path, Fires out of season, where the fey cannot go where the fire has been. I am suspecting Faith, whether heavenly or infernal...?

And... out of character - I kind of suspect that Jamie - Andrew's wife and Sam's mother - is secretly on that other side.... In character, I have no grounds for that suspicion.

Tonight is the last of the regular kids game for a while - a smaller mini campaign is planned, while a bunch of the founding players are on vacation.

Having a harder time adjusting to not having the after school game than I had expected - I was only running it for a few months....

The Auld Grump

• Like 11

1 hour ago, TGP said:

A quick google search didn’t reveal any containers that looked much like Wizard towers. But I am clueless about bubble-tea. It = boba tea?

It's a cylinder but tapering off at the cup's end. Flipped upside down the cup looks like it could make a good tower thingo.  Yeah bubble tea is boba tea. 

48 minutes ago, Crowley said:

Construction paper or cardboard works for brick/stone work too if getting foam is an issue. Unless you've got a lot of sprues you're gonna run out pretty quickly. 

Do be sure to take pics and share your progress in the terrain forum!

More coffee!

I have a mountain of sprue so running out wouldn't be an issue. Will do!

• Like 8

Annoyance of the day:

Searching the network for the department work/vacation schedule. No one seems to know where it is, or who's in charge of it (despite having a printout of the first half of the year)... and the elfing file has a typo in the name, so any conventional search would miss it! :grr:

I'm so mad, I left the typo in place. Because everyone else should suffer like I did. :devil:

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

Bad part of taking Tuesday off? Today is Mondesday. And I managed to tweak my back on the couch last night, so will need to go get that adjusted. 

• Sad 11

Aaarrrggghhh! I keep almost clicking the Norse/Northlands Campaign link in General Fantasy, somehow missing the 'No Grumps Allowed' part of the title....

Once, I can understand - but it keeps almost happening.

For irony - I am wearing one of my two Wednesday shirts - the tee of a one-eyed god done in knot work. (The only shirt in my collection that Megan never borrows - it creeps her out for some reason.)

The Auld Grump - nine days I hung upon the tree, a sacrifice to myself.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

4 hours ago, redambrosia said:

All of the chibis have non-chibi versions. Most of them have previous metal versions. The exceptions are the barbarian girl and Sophie, who does not have an exact copy of that version of her.

1 hour ago, Xiwo Xerase said:

This does appear to me unavailable now.  I believe the figure was last released as 01444.

Do you mean Arnise (14018, a Warlord mini)?

Xiwo beat me to it; I had less trouble finding Arnise... that axe is super-distinctive. ^^;

And chibi-Sophie is, I think, Trollslayer Sophie.

So, I can hope that mebbe the non-chibi version of Monique turns up again; that is a very nice model, and I would like one. >.>

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Kuroneko said:

Yup it's the same (delicious) thing. It's the only kind of cold tea that I find to be socially acceptable :poke:

On a totally unrelated note, I really fancy a bubble tea right now....

Boba tea, the preferred beverage of Mandalorian bounty hunters. :poke:

• Like 2
  • Haha 10

53 minutes ago, Sylverthorne said:

So, I can hope that mebbe the non-chibi version of Monique turns up again; that is a very nice model, and I would like one. >.>

I believe they said they were planning to bring back at least some of the Special Edition line of models like this one, but no idea whether this one is coming back or not.  If you're interested, you might want to inquire directly.

You might be able to track one down from another vendor.  Also, this might be something they could cast on demand at ReaperCon.  It wasn't limited edition or licensed, but I'm not sure where they draw the line.

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Boba tea, the preferred beverage of Mandalorian bounty hunters. :poke:

image.png.86e63fc516e422fcc00d910c40514c3b.png

• Haha 13

Last night I finished the figure part of the mini for the incoming D&D player, and drilled holes into the base for the pins. Need to prime and paint the base yet though. That's tonight's agenda. The figure turned out really well. I'd be willing to enter it in a competition. If the players break it, I'm going to be quite sad.

• Like 10

Raining off and on (thank you, we needed it badly) so I'm not working today. First time in weeks I have time and energy to do any hobby stuff. So what do I do (other than waste a bunch of that time on forums)? Weld the arm back on my magnifying glasses using a soldering iron and chunk of sprue. I wanted to use them a couple days ago for fixing so lights for the wife and one arm was broken off. I haven't looked at them for over 2 weeks and nobody knows how they got broken. I have a prime suspect and it isn't the kids because they never go down there without me and the wife rarely touches anything in my territory. That leaves the oldest member of the household who likes to putter around where she shouldn't. Seems like it'll hold but I'll try to be gentle with them.

Also spent some time migrating photos and music off of a very old laptop onto a newer one and a hard drive. @TheAuldGrump, haven't found the Mighty Empires tiles on anything in this house and didn't have time to check the computer on the farm yet. Hopefully tomorrow. I did stumble across some things I downloaded for Demonworld Empires which I'd totally forgotten about. It's pretty similar to Mighty Empires I think. It's been awhile since I read the rules and I've never actually played them. There are a bunch of nice hexmap sheets available to download for it. Might be worth taking a look at. The rules and maps are free for download. If you can't find them with a quick search pm me and I'll send you a link (trying to avoid the no commercial sites rule).

• Like 9