Froggy the Great

Randomness XV: 'tis a silly place.

Maybe I shouldn't have signed up for TTCombat's blog email notifications... 

I'm now up to four board ideas I want to roll with.  So much for "eh, ruins aren't really something I'm up for"....  They're bringing out modular ruins for fantasy... Like smashed up castles / ancient cities, a barbarian camp, aaaand a crumbling fantasy town... All designed to work together like their Industrial Hive stuff...... 

Ruins that could have been something more than just smashed up grimdark..... Intriguing to say the least. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Serenity said:

I believe they said they were planning to bring back at least some of the Special Edition line of models like this one, but no idea whether this one is coming back or not.

The odd part is that she was back for a little while.

The 54mm version of Monique DeNoir was originally released as a Master Series Miniature, 30004.  She was relisted as a special edition figure, 01444, sometime in December 2017 or early 2018.  (I purchased the figure in May 2018.)

Two of the other 54 mm figures had also been relisted under new numbers but are not available on the new site:

• 01445: Ellen Stone, Cowgirl (54 mm) (originally 30005)
  • 01446: Dragon Summoner (54 mm) (originally 30009)

Note that the 54 mm version of Dark Maiden is still available as 03903.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

I met the head of the IRS today. Also failed to hot wire a wall. Been a weird day.

:blink:  I need more details... 

Long day. Almost done. D&D tonight. Can't wait. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Crowley said:

:blink:  I need more details... 

Long day. Almost done. D&D tonight. Can't wait. 

well I was running sound at a tax law conference, and he was the last speaker of the day. As for the wall, the room has one of those motorized partitions which failed to motor. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Colonel Kane said:

Do you know how hard it is to prep for a fantasy campaign while watching a sci Fi show????

Laser guns shoot magic missiles. Duh.

• Like 7
  • Haha 7

Ah, one of the nice things about not having the after school game - I can head home and see my good lady and my increasingly adventurous daughter before heading back out again. ::):

Unable to avoid the pizza at the game though. (Side effect of the after school game - I have been hitting the fast food, and it has been going to waist.)

The rest of this week I will be good, and avoid the more fattening things.

The Auld Grump - swear to Gogamagog, even the salads are fattening through fast food restaurants.... On the plus side - at this rate I might be able to float instead of sink....

• Like 12

21 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

Laser guns shoot magic missiles. Duh.

Clearly they're just as effective at attacking the darkness too. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 8

Just finished the first rough cut of a tutorial video for my client.  Sent them the link to ask for feedback and review. 

Just got informed that most of the people there I sent it to don't have speakers on their computers, and some of them don't even have audio cards. 

Guess they're getting speakers/audio cards, or I'm not getting much feedback. 

• Haha 4
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 2

36 minutes ago, kristof65 said:

Just finished the first rough cut of a tutorial video for my client.  Sent them the link to ask for feedback and review. 

Just got informed that most of the people there I sent it to don't have speakers on their computers, and some of them don't even have audio cards. 

Guess they're getting speakers/audio cards, or I'm not getting much feedback. 

Every PC I've seen in the last 20 years has had some kind of sound card built into the motherboard. They aren't good, but they're functional. All they should need is a set of speakers.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Unruly said:

Every PC I've seen in the last 20 years has had some kind of sound card built into the motherboard. They aren't good, but they're functional. All they should need is a set of speakers.

that's what I was thinking, but I'm not going to argue with them.  

Right now I'm getting "Oh, we have a newer logo now, use this one".  that's all fine and dandy, but the logo's they're sending me are 192 pixels wide or smaller, I need one that is at least 750 pixels wide, but no more than 900.   Apparently no one knows where the master copy of the new logo is so that they can make me an appropriately sized one. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1