Froggy the Great

Randomness XV: 'tis a silly place.

For anyone who hasn't heard the news, there is a new Reaper Toolbox with Anne Foerster that premiered on Twitch at 1:30 PM Wed.  They're thinking about making it a regular event, so watch and chime in if you like watching Anne paint.  Video quality is usually good, but they are having some issues with focus.  Some interesting discussions as she paints Dance of Death and takes questions.  

It is on both Twitch and YouTube:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/441325819

https://youtu.be/kjfbZBSr2qU

• Like 10
  • Thanks 6

2 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

Plus, at some point, Burger King got back their Angry Whopper. (As I may have mentioned in the past, I have a weakness for jalapenos....)

Speaking of BK, I recently saw they are making Upside Down Whoppers for Stranger Things.

Ahhhh New Coke & upside down whoppers..... (I'll try the UDW but they can keep the Coke...)

• Like 9

New Croak.  At least that's what we called it. 

I didn't say we weren't easily amused.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Erifnogard said:

So how much did you bid?

I would have been silly and said tree fiddy..... 

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

Well, it would seem that my car's AC drain line is clogged. Yesterday I noticed a nice puddle of water on my floor mats. I emptied the mats, and today after my drive in to work the water has returned. I am not amused. I was even able to watch it drip.

The car is still under warranty, but I don't know if the warranty covers a clogged drain line...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 13

2 hours ago, Serenity said:

For anyone who hasn't heard the news, there is a new Reaper Toolbox with Anne Foerster that premiered on Twitch at 1:30 PM Wed.  They're thinking about making it a regular event, so watch and chime in if you like watching Anne paint.  Video quality is usually good, but they are having some issues with focus.  Some interesting discussions as she paints Dance of Death and takes questions.  

It is on both Twitch and YouTube:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/441325819

https://youtu.be/kjfbZBSr2qU

I tried to tune in to Reaper Live. Fail. Nothing found. 

• Sad 6

36 minutes ago, Unruly said:

The car is still under warranty, but I don't know if the warranty covers a clogged drain line...

I suspect it will, but it may be as easy as using a stiff wire to clear the drain hole on the firewall.  I had to do that once upon a time.  On my car, it is on the passenger side which is where the evaporator is located.

• Like 10

43 minutes ago, Unruly said:

Well, it would seem that my car's AC drain line is clogged. Yesterday I noticed a nice puddle of water on my floor mats. I emptied the mats, and today after my drive in to work the water has returned. I am not amused. I was even able to watch it drip.

Is that what causes that?!

My old Eclipse had that problem for quite a while before I finally sold it. Always wondered what was going on there. Certainly explains why the AC died entirely, a serious issuein Texas.

• Like 7

Had lunch at Mickey Ds today.  I was already aware of their"International" pomotion.  They have STROOPWAFFLE Mc Flurry's as one of the offerings.  But no sausage on a bun. ::(:  I was so hoping they would have the sort of sausage you can find at every Mc Ds in Germany.

On another front, we got all of our business done by 2:00 PM so wife decided to take a nap while I spent a couple of hurs at the Railroad Museum in Carson City.  When I returned I got into the building OK with my key card but it wouldn't work on the door lock for our room.  Go downstairs and get new keys coded, still no joy.  After two cycles of this, I still can't get into the room.  Clerk comes up and her master key cards won't activate the lock and she doesn't have a pass key to fit the mechanical lock so she calls maintenance.  Maintenance guy has same problems with his keycards and finally gets the door open with a mechanical key.

Something in the electronics of the door lock has failed as they ended up moving us to another room, :unsure:

Tomorrow we start our week of being with the kidlets. ::):

GEM

• Like 14

Tomorrow is the first day of summer. I think we have had 3 days without rain this spring. Tomorrow's weather forecast? 40% chance of rain.

Reapercon might end up being the only time I see the sun!:lol:

ETA---sorry to hear about the room troubles @Green Eyed Monster.

Have fun with the youngsters!

Edited by Chaoswolf
  • Like 10

2 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

Tomorrow is the first day of summer. I think we have had 3 days without rain this spring. Tomorrow's weather forecast? 40% chance of rain.

Yeah. Just got done mowing the grass ahead of three days of rain, according to the forecast. 

And since i didn’t want to open the beehive while it’s raining, I have them a quick check. Had to scrape off some burr comb...

... which had honey in it! Just enough to get a good chew for about three seconds, but it was honey for sure!

So happy.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

ETA---sorry to hear about the room troubles @Green Eyed Monster.

Have fun with the youngsters!

We intend to!

As for the room, it's part of the "adventure" of traveling.

GEM

• Like 7

19 hours ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

Greetings

[Flailing Tentacles indicate happy to meet you]

Welcome to our little islnad if insane sanity in a very chaotic world.

GEM

Islnad?

Curse you tablet keyboard!

Tentacles are good for flailing, not good for typing. :;,;:

• Like 9
  • Haha 3