Froggy the Great

Randomness XV: 'tis a silly place.

Boo, Steamforged Games! Boo I say!

I just now find out about the line of Critical Role minis and they're apparently discontinued? That section of the site is blank, and the only recent mention outside of a painting guide is for a limited run mini that went off sale on July 10th.

Boo! Hiss!

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Paradoxical Mouse said:

So all has been awesome for the newly single Mouse. But I might have made a large sacrifice to the miniature blood gods. Now in the ER. 

*looks inside robe, see Mouse gone* AAAAGH! This is what happens when you leave my pocket! *stuffs her back inside, keeps her safe*

• Like 5
  • Haha 10

So all has been awesome for the newly single Mouse.

Hurrah for singleness...

But I might have made a large sacrifice to the miniature blood gods. Now in the ER. 

What did the Miniatures do to you....?

:ik_oops:

• Like 12

So all has been awesome for the newly single Mouse. But I might have made a large sacrifice to the miniature blood gods. Now in the ER. 

Did you animate a dragon and it bit you?

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, Paradoxical Mouse said:

Are you okay?

I hope it's not too bad!

*** While I appreciate your devotion to Khorne I would like for you to stick around a little longer, maybe change your devotion to a less demanding deity? ***

• Like 12

10 minutes ago, Paradoxical Mouse said:

Hide contents

15611075812132894163107031390027.thumb.jpg.9b498b83e5f88b99c1d0e474deea04bb.jpg

That hurts to look at....!  ::o:

• Like 14

36 minutes ago, Paradoxical Mouse said:
36 minutes ago, Paradoxical Mouse said:

Reveal hidden contents

Ouch!  That looks like it stung.

• Like 8

6 hours ago, Paradoxical Mouse said:

(has now seen the picture of the damage)

Great googly-moogly, that's pretty bad!

You're doing it wrong, though: a small pinprick is enough to make the hobby gods happy.:poke:

I'm sorry you sliced yourself so badly; I hope it heals quickly.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And the weather forecast was right; it's raining here. Happy First day of summer. ::P:

I hope you all have a good Friday.

• Like 13

2 hours ago, Paradoxical Mouse said:

Reveal hidden contents

Oh, I really shouldn't have clicked on that!

That looks awful! Hopefully you've wrapped it up in plenty of bandage. I've had a similar injury on one of my fingers and it was the only way I could help dull the impact when I inevitably hit it off of things.

Hope it heals quickly.

• Like 9

13 hours ago, Mad Jack said:

Wow, someone just fell down a rabbit hole... I just got a like on the first show-off thread I ever posted back in 2007, lol.

Same here.  I'd actually forgotten about most of those minis I did, and it was a pleasant reminder of when I could paint well.

• Like 9
  • Haha 3

Reveal hidden contents

Well, no excuse for not getting wounds right on the next mini you paint, I suppose. :B):

Hope it heals quickly.

• Like 10

Home things heal up fast @Paradoxical Mouse!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My new gaming PC comes in today. I'm so flippen excited. I've been re-designing my home office to accommodate both Gaming and painting. (There will be video/slideshow to show the progress of my office since I started painting). So I can paint during load screens. LOL.

I can tell you this, this has been a long project and I have not been about to sit down at my desk and just paint and waste time in a while. BLAH! No commission work during that time but I just took one sooooooo Kind of have to get it up and running. :P 

Going to be editing and producing content for both Iron Bristle and Arc of Fire

Oh, and my new glasses are in... after 8 years I think it was time to update the prescription.

Edited by Arc 724
  • Like 11

10 hours ago, Paradoxical Mouse said:

Oh dear.  Having seen the picture, please don't do that again.  Please?

(Since intonation is lost in text: This is intended as friendly concern.)

9 hours ago, Colonel Kane said:

I am proud of myself. I am the kind of person who gives 110%, even when it hurts me. I could have gone to my boss after 5 or 6 hours and begged to have a break. I was not hungry and the job was not done, so I stayed and busted my butt till it was.

You and I will probably disagree about this.

I believe: "Heroic" effort in the workplace is not to be lauded.  In the best case scenario, it gives management the false impression of the necessary number of work-hours needed and they therefore do not realize that they need to hire more people or make other changes to bring the workload in line with the work-hours they have.  In more likely scenarios, it permits management to continue making the same poor decisions that led to the required heroism to begin with.  Worse, there are scenarios where management comes to expect heroic action and plans accordingly.

This is a standard problem in IT, especially in operations.  I don't see a way to break this pattern either.

Edited by Xiwo Xerase
Added blank line between merged posts. Removed a word in the original first post.
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 2