Froggy the Great

Randomness XV: 'tis a silly place.

36 minutes ago, OneBoot said:
46 minutes ago, Colonel Kane said:

Ok i have been sitting on that one all night long. It seems, I have turned on the overwrite instead of insert on the editting. how the hells do I turn that off??

Did you hit the Ins button on your keyboard by accident? This has happened to me several times in the past. 

I've had this happen occasionally but never did figure out why or how to fix it. I usually just left the website and came back and hoped it had reset to normal.

10 minutes ago, Colonel Kane said:

Does anyone use Inkscape? I am sure someone does. 

I have it but can't say that I know how to do anything with it. I downloaded several free programs like that over the years but always seem to go back to Photoshop because I know how to do 90% of what I want easily with it. Never take the time to properly learn how to use the other programs.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Doug Sundseth said:

Anywhere near Cheyenne? If so, we'd love to have you down in Denver for painting on third Saturdays.

(Cheyenne to Denver is about a 75-90 minute drive.)

No, we'll be in Sheridan, far far away from... well, everything :lol:

1 hour ago, TGP said:

Congratulations..!!

::):

:unsure: Are you saying they gave you the responsibility to check the work of others, but no extra money to do that, and no power to discipline them when they mess up? 

Ask for extra money, see what they say... <_<

They didn't give me the extra responsibility, it just sorta landed on me. It's one of those irritating situations where other people's elf ups effect my job and if I don't correct it I get asked questions. It's especially annoying because these idiots never seem to learn from their mistakes and keep doing to same stupid things over and over. 

Eh. Whatever. I'll be out of there soon. Until then I just gotta remember the important things, like my hubby and baby and all the 20 minis I'm gonna get.

• Like 15

9 minutes ago, redambrosia said:

Nice town. The Bighorns are gorgeous, Devil's Tower isn't too far, and there's some pretty interesting history near there.

But it's a trek to Denver, that's true. If you do find yourselves down here, let us know.

ps. Make sure you have a wet palette. ::D:

ETA: Sheridan is only about an hour from Buffalo, which is the town that Durant (the site of Craig Johnson's Walt Longmire books) is based on.

Edited by Doug Sundseth
  • Like 12

One thing I'll miss about this place is the random shouting from the ER across the street.

This one time we hear loud tortured screaming at like 3am. We look outside and okay, that's... interesting. Some lady is in labor on the sidewalk 10 feet from the ER doors, her man is running around panicking, and the whole OB/GYN team is outside helping her deliver. Screaming stops, kid is born, they get everyone inside, it's like nothing even happened.

• Like 16
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Erifnogard said:

I usually assume anything I don't understand in the thread will be revealed in the fullness of time and space.  Or not.  Either way it's gauche to stare so I just smile, nod, and carry on with flugelforking the muons to generate proper gestalted herrings.

Exactly as it should be.

34 minutes ago, redambrosia said:

Eh. Whatever. I'll be out of there soon. Until then I just gotta remember the important things, like my hubby and baby and all the 20 minis I'm gonna get.

Just keep repeating that for the next 2 months and you're all set.

• Like 12

29 minutes ago, redambrosia said:

Hey, you're almost in my neck of the woods! Well ok, just on the wrong side of Montana about 400 miles from here. Billings is a nice city and not too far from you. Well on a prairie scale. 2 hours drive for me is considered close. 

• Like 13
  • Confused 1

43 minutes ago, redambrosia said:

They didn't give me the extra responsibility, it just sorta landed on me. It's one of those irritating situations where other people's elf ups effect my job and if I don't correct it I get asked questions. It's especially annoying because these idiots never seem to learn from their mistakes and keep doing to same stupid things over and over. 

Sir Cyr has family in Sheridan. Nice town ^_^ Dunno where the hobby shops are though!

• Like 11

On the topic of travel times around here. Friends of ours are going on a trip to Calgary. They decided that since they would already be there they'll take a quick trip to Kelowna because it's close. My wife tried to explain to them that Kelowna and Calgary aren't exactly next to eachother. The wife gets off the phone and is a little miffed because they wouldn't listen to her so looks up the distances involved. ~700 km to Calgary and 600 km to Kelowna. Little far for a 4 day trip if you want to do anything except drive. She doesn't like it when she gives accurate advice and nobody listens to her. I just laughed and said they'll figure it out if they actually try it and it's not our problem.

• Like 5
  • Haha 7
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Colonel Kane said:

Morning, speed test, all. I hope Crowley got his, speed test, cup of coffee this morning and everyone else is doing, speed test, fine.

Ok i have been sitting on that one all night long. It seems, I have turned on the overwrite instead of insert on the editting. how the hells do I turn that off??

I used to have a boss that would do this at least once a week and never remembered how to fix it. He just came and got me instead. I eventually stopped trying to tell him how and just walked in, hit the button and told him it was fixed. Was really tempted to tell him to call tech support by the end. Or try to charge him a service fee. 

• Haha 10

Well, I decided to use some of my extra money to "treat" myself to a home improvement project since the new bow is out of the question. I went and bought a new kitchen faucet, because my old one has a small leak somewhere and I figured a full replacement of everything was in order, as well as a few new tools for the job. Namely because I lost the cheap ones I had before. They're probably somewhere around here, but they aren't in my toolbox or on the tool shelf in the basement, so they're lost to me until I do a massive whole-house cleaning and reorganizing.

While I was out I also stopped by the dealership to ask about my car's AC drain. It's covered under warranty, so now I've got a service appointment for 8am on Friday. I think I'm gonna use it as an excuse to take the day off work.

Also, Arby's lies. They had their bacon beef and cheddar sandwiches for 2 for $6, and I hadn't had Arby's in forever, so I got them on my way home. They were tasty, but they were full of lies. Oh, sure, there's beef and bacon on the sandwich, but there is no cheddar. There's cheese whiz. Cheese whiz is NOT CHEDDAR! Cheddar does not come in liquid form! And it does not taste like that! It's still a tasty sandwich, but it would be tastier with actual cheddar that's just slightly melted on top rather than a glob of something that's almost, but not quite, entirely unlike cheese.

Edited by Unruly
  • Like 13

3 hours ago, redambrosia said:

The people who are elfing up will continue to do so as long as you are taking corrective action and not making an Offical Notice to your imediate supervisory staff every time it happens.  I would suggest that you notify your sup. every time you hav to make corrective actions and note that it is taking X amount of time away from the performance of Your Own Duties.  Of course a small time penalty [for the amount of time necessary to reset your brain from regular duties to troubleshooter mode then back to regular duties mode] is part of any reports of these incidents so that the cumulative time spent mounts up slightly faster. Eventually, Corrective Action will roll down the chain of authority, if only to keep your own supervisor from being nagged [gently and with care of course] by you for their continuing lack of correct job performance.

On another topic.

Just saw Toy Story 4 with two of the three grandkidlets.  The teenager got a "better offer" so is off doing teenager things with one of her girlfriends.  The rest of us had a good time.  It's kind of a bitter-sweet story but very fun.  Make sure to stay through the credits if you go, there is extras stuff there in keeping with Pixar custom and practice.

I introduced the twins to the boardgame Dungeon last night.  The first theing they wantd to know is " can we play Dungeon now?" as soon as we got back from the theater.  I told them we have to run errands first, then we will play Dungeon.  This makes an Old Grognards Heart have a joyful moment as another generation of gamers is now in training.

GEM

• Like 14

Last night Megan ran one of the best games I have ever been a part of.

Dark, with a twist, and the kind of twist that leaves you going 'why didn't I see that!' - right there in front of you, all along.

The undying court of the elves in Eberron has had a canker worm coiled near their heart since the beginning. The founder of Saretheil's line. (Saretheil is Julies elf necromancer.)

Everyone knew that Julie's character had killed the founder of her own line, a few knew why - and she was driven into exile.(Everyone being pretty much everyone except the party.... <_<)

After she told the elves about the King of Karrnath being a vampire, they decided to... collect her, try and possibly execute her to help create stability and unity among the elves. Even though she had already been tried and sentenced to exile.

The Undying Court is a bit like mummies in first edition - undead that feed off of the Positive Negative Plane rather than the Negative.

Sare - founder of her line, was a devotee of The Dragon Below, and had plans to bring the elves closer to a dark turn in the Draconic Prophecies - and in the mess following her descendant finding out, Sare was very publicly destroyed, turning to dust.

Which would be the end of it, for an Undying One, or a mummy for that matter.

But it turns out that Sare was neither of those - and liches come back.

Only one combat last night, and it was pretty fast - Sare is not without agents.

The Auld Grump

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I know nothing about plumbing except to have the number of a good plumber stored on my phone. 

2 hours ago, Unruly said:

Also, Arby's lies. They had their bacon beef and cheddar sandwiches for 2 for $6, and I hadn't had Arby's in forever, so I got them on my way home. They were tasty, but they were full of lies. Oh, sure, there's beef and bacon on the sandwich, but there is no cheddar.

Uhh Huh.  <_<

Preach it!!! Rant on! brother Unruly. Rant on...

2 hours ago, Unruly said:

There's cheese whiz. Cheese whiz is NOT CHEDDAR! Cheddar does not come in liquid form! And it does not taste like that! It's still a tasty sandwich, but it would be tastier with actual cheddar that's just slightly melted on top rather than a glob of something that's almost, but not quite, entirely unlike cheese.

Or ...Gouda, ...Muenster, ...Colby, ...I’m no cheese snob.

• Like 10

I hate doing this crap. I'm gonna need to take a THIRD trip to Lowes because the faucet feed lines that are right beside the faucets, with a sign that says "everything you need to install a faucet," are 1/2" to 1/4", and the faucet needs 1/2" to 1/2". The second time I had to go was because I grabbed the wrong length feed lines. I needed 20", but I grabbed 16" because I was like "I doubt that I need the 20s..." So that one is on me. This one is on me as well, but less so because they put stuff that doesn't fit in the display with a sign telling you it will...

• Sad 9