Froggy the Great

Randomness XV: 'tis a silly place.

Does anyone in the Vail, CO area know of any good nerd stores or good restaurants in the area? One of my players will be stuck there for about a month and needs things to do. Any suggestions are much appreciated. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, redambrosia said:

...don't expect it, but it would be neat if I could work with some competent people after we move. 

Will you be working for the same CEO, same corporate entity, but different local manager, different building in your new town?

• Like 6

3 hours ago, redambrosia said:

And where did you get these magical pants of holding? :ik_oops:

Duluth. 

And they're comfy! 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4

*lays out coffee, ice cream, bacon, tea, and cookies*

I slept... I also finally started watching Naruto

• Like 7

I attempted to make fudge. I don't yet know if the attempt was successful. I've never made fudge before, and I know that temperature plays the largest part in how it turns out, and I don't think I got it right. 

Worst case scenario is that I have a pan of delicious failure goop, or delicious crumbly powder depending on which way I messed up. From the looks of things, I'm betting it's goop.

• Like 9

10 hours ago, redambrosia said:

No, we'll be in Sheridan, far far away from... well, everything

Wish I could move back to Wyoming.. Really miss the mountains and Sheridan is right next to some pretty spectacular ones

• Like 7

5 hours ago, Pegazus said:

So many plans for this afternoon were killed by the three hour nap!

Course, it was raining, so maybe I couldn’t have done the outside plans anyway. But still... could have done something inside. Eh.

Cooking posole late because of that. Going to be a late dinner. 

The "side dish" of posole became 8 quarts of Mexican stew, so became the main course. And it was lacking a lot of flavor and salt. And it took four hours. So hard to duplicate the stuff I had in Taos.

Now is time for a little reading then sleep.

• Like 8

5 hours ago, TGP said:

I have it on a machine currently. 

I used to have it on a Win7 laptop. 

This is ^ Doug being nice. 

I have found Inkscape to be non-intuitive and on that older laptop: Hinky. And it seems to lack tools for doing what I want, doing it now, doing it simply. 

This is ^ me being less nice. 

I wouldn’t mind trying stuff. Experimenting along with you. Attempting to figure things out. I’d like to find out if it can be any use to me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

<_< ...well good luck with it.  :ph34r:

As a wise man Griffin once said:

I will try to start sometime tomorrow. 

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Sylverthorne said:

I have found the Holy Grail of PANTS. Pants with pockets! Pockets I can put things in! Pockets that I can fit my whole hand into, up past the wrist! POCKETS! And they're designed for people with HIPS.

... Eight pockets, to be precise. I need another pair of these pants.

Bbbbuutt you're a girl!. Girls aren't allowed to have pockets. Who knows what kind of nasty things they'll put in them. I mean just look at the average purse! ::P:

• Like 1
  • Haha 11
  • Sad 1

Just now, Zink said:
5 hours ago, Sylverthorne said:

I have found the Holy Grail of PANTS. Pants with pockets! Pockets I can put things in! Pockets that I can fit my whole hand into, up past the wrist! POCKETS! And they're designed for people with HIPS.

... Eight pockets, to be precise. I need another pair of these pants.

Bbbbuutt you're a girl!. Girls aren't allowed to have pockets. Who knows what kind of nasty things they'll put in them. I mean just look at the average purse! ::P:

I will have you know it has been YEARS since I came home with a snake in my pocket!

Eggs, now, eggs are common. Speaking of, I need to collect those.

• Like 3
  • Haha 13

3 hours ago, Unruly said:

There. It's done. Mostly. I should probably reseal the threads on the connection between the cold water line and the faucet supply line, because it drips a single drop after the water is running for like 30 seconds, but I've spent so much time on it already that I'm saying screw it. It's such a small leak, and it's a lot smaller than the one that I had before, that I really don't care right now.

I don't even care enough to fully clean up the mess I made with the old stuff. It's just sitting in a pile on my kitchen floor right now. I'm hungry. My back, neck, and hands hurt from being crammed under the sink fighting with frozen threads. I busted my knuckles a couple times, so I've even bled for it a bit. I'm going to make something to eat, watch TV, and maybe go to bed

:ik_oops: :rock: :blues:

• Like 4

Ugh. We were almost done packing earlier but we were out of boxes.

Bought a plastic crate and 5 more cardboard boxes. They did not hold nearly as much stuff as math implied.

We're still almost done packing. And out of boxes again.

We have this place until the 30th so there'll be one more weekend to get the last few things out of here. But there's a real good chance we won't have access to Guy With Van then either.

I lose internet tonight. Won't get it back until Thursday at the earliest.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 9

1 hour ago, NebulousMissy said:

Ugh. We were almost done packing earlier but we were out of boxes.

Bought a plastic crate and 5 more cardboard boxes. They did not hold nearly as much stuff as math implied.

We're still almost done packing. And out of boxes again.

We have this place until the 30th so there'll be one more weekend to get the last few things out of here. But there's a real good chance we won't have access to Guy With Van then either.

I lose internet tonight. Won't get it back until Thursday at the earliest.

When packing you need to add at least 10% fr shrinkage, of the boxes - not the items needing to be packed.  Your "stuff" will miraculously expand to fill all available space, plus at least an additional 10% with 15 to 20% being more usual. The only way to have "enough boxes" is to buy more than your wildest estimate says you need.  Make sure to get them from some place like Home Depot so you can return any unused boxes as the last official act of moving. 

Or you can do what we've done and buy them by the bale from someplace like U-Line and have half a bale of boxes left over for later use.  It's amazing how fast you can go theough "extra" boxes when you have them ready to hand.

GEM

• Like 8