Froggy the Great

Randomness XV: 'tis a silly place.

7 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

And just like that, now it's Sunday.

My Saturday was a blur of fussy baby. I haven't really slept since 5pm Friday. This baby better be the cutest ever or I'm gonna demand a refund.

• Haha 12
  • Sad 4

14 hours ago, Unruly said:

I hate doing this crap. I'm gonna need to take a THIRD trip to Lowes because the faucet feed lines that are right beside the faucets, with a sign that says "everything you need to install a faucet," are 1/2" to 1/4", and the faucet needs 1/2" to 1/2". The second time I had to go was because I grabbed the wrong length feed lines. I needed 20", but I grabbed 16" because I was like "I doubt that I need the 20s..." So that one is on me. This one is on me as well, but less so because they put stuff that doesn't fit in the display with a sign telling you it will...

It isn't a home improvement project till you've visited the hardware store at least 3 times... <_<

10 hours ago, Unruly said:

Star Trek logic - There's a ship adrift in space with obvious severe structural damage including massive hull breaches across multiple decks. Sensors show that the ship may rip itself apart at any minute. Let's send the first officer, second officer, and chief engineer over without space suits!

On a rescue mission against hostile forces? Send the captain, the chief medical officer, and the chief engineer directly into the enemy headquarters with no support!

What could go wrong?

With the way the officers of Starfleet throw themselves into danger without really ordering anyone else to do it, it must be nice to be an enlisted man. Well, at least from TNG onwards. Enlisted redshirts kind of got shafted hard in TOS. Maybe that's why things changed roughly a century later...

Do you wonder if there just stopped being enough people signing up for the red shirt jobs, and automation of the ships was so effective that they just didn't have red shirts to send anymore? 

8 hours ago, Flamehawke said:

*lays out coffee, ice cream, bacon, tea, and cookies*

I slept... I also finally started watching Naruto

I could never get into Naruto. Something about the animation style just... rubbed me the wrong way. Same with One Piece. 

8 hours ago, Pegazus said:

The "side dish" of posole became 8 quarts of Mexican stew, so became the main course. And it was lacking a lot of flavor and salt. And it took four hours. So hard to duplicate the stuff I had in Taos.

Now is time for a little reading then sleep.

At least it's easier to add more salt and spices than it is to remove them. 

7 hours ago, NebulousMissy said:

Ugh. We were almost done packing earlier but we were out of boxes.

Bought a plastic crate and 5 more cardboard boxes. They did not hold nearly as much stuff as math implied.

We're still almost done packing. And out of boxes again.

We have this place until the 30th so there'll be one more weekend to get the last few things out of here. But there's a real good chance we won't have access to Guy With Van then either.

I lose internet tonight. Won't get it back until Thursday at the earliest.

There are reasons I hate moving. I hope you didn't do as my family once did, and packed a full bag of trash in a box, and then didn't open the box for a week. :zombie:

Yesterday was a LONG day. But the MiL was successfully retrieved from the airport and brought to the family out on Long Island. My bride didn't crash the car on the way home (she hasn't driven in 2 years). 

Gonna spend most of today studying for the CPA, which at this point means lots and lots of MCQs. (multiple choice questions). 48% pass rate for this exam. I'm... not confident. 

COFFEE!!

• Like 13

1 hour ago, Chaoswolf said:

Just like that?!  You say it like it was easy.  Sol was hungover this morning and we practically had to shove him out the door after pouring a couple of pots of hot plasma down him.  You would think that star would be more conscientious about showing up for the day named for him.  I swear that if the stars aren't right when they're scheduled it will be because that reprobate was partying too hard with Rigel the night before and Uncle C is going to be pissed. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

I had Friday off and we took my girl's parents to a Museum and then out for dinner, together with my girl's sister and husband.

A belated Father's day present for grandpa.

They loved it.

Saturday my girl and me went to visit several thrift stores ( I scored a boardgame, Lionheart for one euro fifty, will resell this..) and she got a puzzle and some coffeecups she wanted.

After that the whole family went to see our oldest vixen and cousin perform in a Synchronised Swimming show.

Today I have been painting and hobbying, it's sunny/hot here.

The weekend is almost over...but I will fight to the last dog!

IMG-20190321-WA0000.jpg

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 19

Woke up early due to weather radio going off, even thought it was late when I finally let go. Even listening to the rain was not enough to send to sleep, just as well, I tend to fight zombies, vampires and other unsavery foes in my sleep. 

• Like 8

Having a fussy baby is like being a priest of some insane elder god. Maybe the thing they liked yesterday will amuse them again today. Or maybe if will cause them to start screaming. (Baby scream is 2d4 sonic damage, with the effect of Headache for 2d6 hours.) 

• Like 13
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Unruly said:

My attempt at making fudge turned out to be the goop variety. Which means I have a pie pan full of homemade chocolate syrup. Well, not really syrup because it's thicker than that. I guess it's ice cream topping fudge. Which means I need to go buy some vanilla ice cream.

No point in letting chocolate go to waste just because it's runny.

Dip waffles in it and let that cool?

Put it on pancakes.

Stir it into yoghurt.

• Like 7

Words to strike fear into daddy's hearts everywhere  - 'Mommy! Glitter!'

My wife is introducing our daughter to the dark arts, the glittery, shiny dark arts & crafts.... (Brigid is already at the stage where when given the choice between two objects, one with glitter, one without, it will always be the glittery one that wins.)

Are all daddies as amazed at how fast their children start learning how to speak? I swear, less than a year ago it was all baby talk. Now? Words! Actual words with actual meanings! :wub:

The Auld Grump

Edited by TheAuldGrump
  • Like 9
  • Haha 10

Just now, redambrosia said:

Having a fussy baby is like being a priest of some insane elder god. Maybe the thing they liked yesterday will amuse them again today. Or maybe if will cause them to start screaming. (Baby scream is 2d4 sonic damage, with the effect of Headache for 2d6 hours.) 

There is also when she wants to held by a particular person - and only that person - and will cry until held by that person. (It drove Megan bonkers for the first few months - Brigid would cry, and cry, and cry - I'd come home, Megan would hand Brigid off, and... happy coos. She wanted Daddy. I honestly think that babies are driven more by smell than anything else, and I was the smell she wanted.)

Actually, see what smells make her happy - cinnamon and curry both helped with Brigid. (Cinnamon also helps her Mommy, so was a frequent choice.) Not eating cinnamon and curry, just the smell of them cooking. (Though it was amazing how early Brigid made her opinion of curry known. Sucking the sauce completely off the chicken before chewing it up. Definitely Daddy's girl - she loves her curry. ::):)

The Auld Grump

• Like 16

1 hour ago, TheAuldGrump said:

Words to strike fear into daddy's hearts everywhere  - 'Mommy! Glitter!'

My wife is introducing our daughter to the dark arts, the glittery, shiny dark arts & crafts.... (Brigid is already at the stage where when given the choice between two objects, one with glitter, one without, it will always be the glittery one that wins.)

Are all daddies as amazed at how fast their children start learning how to speak? I swear, less than a year ago it was all baby talk. Now? Words! Actual words with actual meanings! :wub:

The Auld Grump

*** Snifff, I'm so proud of you guys!***

• Like 4
  • Haha 11

5 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

Aaaaaaahhh!!  Need to have everything packed and get teenager to the airport by 7:30am tomorrow!!  <runs around flailing>

2 hours ago, redambrosia said:

This brings back a lot of memories.  All I can say is that a couple of my kids liked to be held most of the time.  (Apparently neither of them slept well without assistance.) Productivity tanked, but I gave up and just held them.

1 hour ago, TheAuldGrump said:

I still remember when oldest was learning to talk, he got all excited in the car.  "Bunnies!" He said, pointing in that way toddlers do.  It took me a minute to realize he was looking at the number 5 painted on the wall of the parking garage.  And in his counting book his favorite page was the number 5 because there were bunnies on that page.  After that I was not surprised ever again by the speed at which children will learn EVERYTHING.  

• Like 17

2 hours ago, Unruly said:

My attempt at making fudge turned out to be the goop variety. Which means I have a pie pan full of homemade chocolate syrup. Well, not really syrup because it's thicker than that. I guess it's ice cream topping fudge. Which means I need to go buy some vanilla ice cream.

No point in letting chocolate go to waste just because it's runny.

Milkshakes!

• Like 8

5 hours ago, redambrosia said:

My Saturday was a blur of fussy baby. I haven't really slept since 5pm Friday. This baby better be the cutest ever or I'm gonna demand a refund.

I like my kids but there's days when I wonder if it was worth it. Little buggers better take good care of me when I'm old! ::D: Took me years to get back to a normal sleep pattern after the second was born and now it's shot again. I handled the lack of sleep better at 32 than I am at 45.

• Like 11
  • Haha 3