Froggy the Great

Randomness XV: 'tis a silly place.

1 hour ago, LittleBluberry said:

Aaaaaaahhh!!  Need to have everything packed and get teenager to the airport by 7:30am tomorrow!!  <runs around flailing>

wanders into thread and is nearly bowled over by a running, wildly flailing LittleBluberry

glances around momentarily confused, shrugs, and starts following LittleBluberry with tentacles flailing

• Like 3
  • Haha 11

58 minutes ago, Colonel Kane said:

Hands everyone a bowl of spaghetti.

Just eat it and do not ask me where the meat came from.

idly chews some spaghetti while wondering where that darn cat has gotten too

pauses chewing and looks into bowl with a dawning look of horror

Mr. Bigglesworth?  Noooooooooooooo!

a cat rubs against Erifnogard's leg and purrs

Um, nevermind.

• Haha 13

Megan just had to deal with Brigid trying to carry Khatt... and Khatt using the droop method of showing his distaste for this process. (Brigid picking him up by the front, his body drooping to the ground. Khatt is a lot more patient with Brigid than Tomathy, but....)

The Auld Grump

• Haha 13

18 minutes ago, Colonel Kane said:

When i was in the King's African Rifles the local Zambezi tribesmen used to call it "long pig." Never much cared for it...

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

On 6/21/2019 at 5:03 AM, Paradoxical Mouse said:

Reveal hidden contents

15611075812132894163107031390027.thumb.jpg.9b498b83e5f88b99c1d0e474deea04bb.jpg

Spoiler

finger.jpg.1c6e2aa11c532049a7fc111528ef2e89.jpg

On 6/21/2019 at 3:20 PM, Thoramel said:

And in the background is one of the most notorious coal fired plants in the country. 17 years ago it became so bad the utility company operating it decided it was cheaper to buy the entire town it's located in rather than correct for pollution. Of course, by that point many of the residents had already developed health issues.

You're working near Silent Hill? Bring extra batteries for the flashlight...

On 6/21/2019 at 9:26 PM, Crowley said:

I feel like there's a joke here about where do you park your battleship...

Anywhere the local residents don't have bigger guns...

21 hours ago, Unruly said:

This time I'm certain I have what I need, because I brought the old one with me, talked to the wise old man, and made sure to compare everything before buying.

I always take either the old parts or a cellphone pic to the store with me...

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 8

3 hours ago, Colonel Kane said:

I'd been wanting a good bowl of spaghetti! Thank you!

Just back from the park with the girls. Paused studying to get some sun and fresh air. Worth it. Came home and nailed the next set of random study questions with an 80. Need to keep that up consistently though. Bouncing between a 67 and 80 isn't great. Between 75-90 Is where I want to be. 75 is passing. Just under 2 weeks. I've got the 4th and 5th off to study before the test on the 6th. And my bride is away next weekend. No D&D game next weekend either. So few distractions.

Might squeeze in a few minutes to finish off the gnolls, but... we'll see. 

• Like 9

14 minutes ago, Mad Jack said:

Anywhere the local residents don't have bigger guns...

If it's parked at my place I don't need big guns. I'm pretty sure I can make a pencil detonator out of stuff I can find at the local hardware store, and I know I can make a limpet mine out of stuff that's readily available. The hardest part will be making it a functional shaped charge to punch through the armor belt. But one way or another I'll bring her down eventually.

Let it make port. It just makes it an easier target.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Colonel Kane said:

Oooh, shredded/pulled chicken with some sort of tomatoes-creamy sauce, yay! 

...Now I want spaghetti, and we has none... Which is odd in this house, believe it or not.  We usually have like... 8kg of the stuff nearby, since it's the main pasta we eat... 

• Like 7

Ordered some stuff from a place in Wisconsin, to deliver to me in Colorado. USPS decided it needed to go thru Virginia first for some reason. They inform me that this has caused a slight delay in deliver. 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Unruly said:

If it's parked at my place I don't need big guns. I'm pretty sure I can make a pencil detonator out of stuff I can find at the local hardware store, and I know I can make a limpet mine out of stuff that's readily available. The hardest part will be making it a functional shaped charge to punch through the armor belt. But one way or another I'll bring her down eventually.

Let it make port. It just makes it an easier target.

Modern Naval Theory is to not go for the armour belt but to use a charge that will cause an air cavity large enough ~under~ the hull to cause the ship to break its back.  Such an event is unsurvivable in military terms, removing a major naval asset at lower cost in material and effort than attempting to go against the armor belt, which is the strongest part of the hull.

Such an attack imediately renders the ship out of commission and starts the process of breakup and sinking but generally allows for the majority of the crew to abandon ship in goood order.  This further hamers the military effectiveness of the subject force because of the necessity to perform rescue operations in a timely manner, lest valuable experienced ratings [and of course the officers] are lost.

GEM

• Like 7

So.

We have played five games of Dungeon, and have pretty well got all the rules figured out.

I don't know how it has happened but so far our grandson has managed to win every single game.

The kids think it is odd that I talk to my dice.

GEM

• Like 3
  • Haha 9

17 minutes ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

So.

We have played five games of Dungeon, and have pretty well got all the rules figured out.

I don't know how it has happened but so far our grandson has managed to win every single game.

The kids think it is odd that I talk to my dice.

GEM

My kids are old enough to understand the words I'm saying when I "talk odd to the dice". I try to keep it to a minimum but sometimes it happens. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 7