Froggy the Great

Randomness XV: 'tis a silly place.

2 minutes ago, eldamir said:

You've clearly not been to the midwest recently.. there are *more* than enough hog farms....

errr... so I've heard..

I do live in the midwest, but in a hay/wheat state. I work for a 'General Store'.  Do you know the number of stupid people who come into those things and annoy the cashier?? 

• Like 12

3 minutes ago, eldamir said:

You've clearly not been to the midwest recently.. there are *more* than enough hog farms....

errr... so I've heard..

Without hog farms, there would be no ham and no bacon. Since I don't live within olfactory range of any of them and have never noticed a problem with body disposal*, there are precisely the correct number of hog farms.

* Because I have never needed to dispose of a body ... of course. Why else? :rolleyes:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 11

14 hours ago, Doug Sundseth said:

Talking to your dice isn't odd. Having the dice answer is ... concerning.

And the die there, whate're is asked her, answers "one".

Grump's been listening to Tennyson. <_< It sticks in your head after a while.

• Like 6
  • Haha 6

Feeling stuck on the vikings game.

Maybe I need to do what Grump does and start another project, to let my back brain work on the vikings game.

Thing is Grump has about a dozen projects that have been hanging fire for longer than I've known him. And I DON'T want that. <_<

But Jon has just one project, and can't even finish that one.

Maybe just two or three will work for me?

• Like 9
  • Sad 2

Oh my. My GaD levels are at incredibly low levels. I don’t like caffeinating myself, but needed to this morning. I work on the third floor. Vending machines are on 2 and 4. Head down to 2, and the machine is cash only this morning. Have a Coca Cola app in the Wallet, gives a Buy 10 Get 1 free thing. Plus the credit card discount. Anyway, fine. Trudge up to the 4th to get elixir. 

Press C4. Sold out it says. Except I can see the row of amber bubbly there. Fine. Don’t care. Press D4. Same potion, different row (huh... trying to mix things up and mentally stumble upon enchanted boxes dispensing potions for coin). Machine runs up to Row A Column 9. Oh gods no! I don’t want a Monster energy drink! My low tolerance would have me bouncing off the walls!

Luckily-ish, the machine proceeds to smack itself in the top right corner five times before concluding that the particular location I selected is sold out. Just to provide proof of the error, I try again with a different spot, and again the machine attempts to self-harm itself.

Stomp back to the cube on 3, grab the cash, down to 2, get the drink, back up to 3, twist off cap, take a few slugs, unlock the computer and get greeted to an IM. Problem found halfway through the match drilling op on my test parts at the structures lab. 

Parts is are built such that they interfere with the tool, and because they are halfway done, we can’t unclamped anything. So now I must solve a problem that should have been caught before anything got built.

And I’m nearly out of Nectar of Improvised Enthusiam.

• Like 3
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 4

48 minutes ago, Colonel Kane said:

I do live in the midwest, but in a hay/wheat state. I work for a 'General Store'.  Do you know the number of stupid people who come into those things and annoy the cashier?? 

If it is one of the “dollar” type stores, yes, I at least know how many people come in an annoy anyone that is dressed in all black there. I managed one of those stores for over seven years. The fun thing is that after I quit and was doing merchandising in other stores I’d be stopped and asked questions (usually of the not so smart and/or very easily obvious answered variety) even when wearing colors not associated with the store I was working in. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 3

10 minutes ago, TGP said:

B058-5.jpg?1504539364

Nice. And only $495* (delivery is free).

Looks like they make an HMS Victory that is only $2495 US. (It's 58"/1.47m long.) :wub:

It will look great in my gaming cottage when I win the lottery.

* Found it at GoNautical (dot) com

• Like 8

31 minutes ago, FaekiasDracon said:

If it is one of the “dollar” type stores, yes, I at least know how many people come in an annoy anyone that is dressed in all black there. I managed one of those stores for over seven years. The fun thing is that after I quit and was doing merchandising in other stores I’d be stopped and asked questions (usually of the not so smart and/or very easily obvious answered variety) even when wearing colors not associated with the store I was working in. 

I've had that happen. Usually at target. One time the lady who was asking me stuff got pretty rude. Insisted that I tell her things I didn't know when I was clearly shopping myself. Then she said she'd tell my manager when I was equally rude back to her. I wished her good luck on that, considering I didn't work there. 

Given how dumb some people are, I can't wait for someone to do that while I'm carrying my baby with me. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 11

I was looking for main spars. 

• Like 5

15 hours ago, Doug Sundseth said:

Talking to your dice isn't odd. Having the dice answer is ... concerning.

Seriously.

Ditch the obnoxious little buggers, and get yourself some dice that know better than to talk back.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 10

2 hours ago, Colonel Kane said:

all of them?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, redambrosia said:

I've had that happen. Usually at target. One time the lady who was asking me stuff got pretty rude. Insisted that I tell her things I didn't know when I was clearly shopping myself. Then she said she'd tell my manager when I was equally rude back to her. I wished her good luck on that, considering I didn't work there. 

Given how dumb some people are, I can't wait for someone to do that while I'm carrying my baby with me. 

You need to stop wearing tan pants and a red shirt.

I made that mistake once. 

I often run into a frustrating one at customer sites - I'm obviously working there, cause I'll have my head in a teller or something, but since I'm just a manufacturer's representative, I generally can't help them.  I try to point them to the person who can help them with a "sorry, I don't work here, I'm just here to fix this equipment, I'd help you if I could."   Most people are cool about it, but I've had a couple go off on me. 

• Like 9

5 hours ago, Doug Sundseth said:

A) That's because you're very young. ::D:

B) If I were going to reference that song, it would be with this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MteSlpxCpo

Which is a cover, but I like it better than the original. (Though I don't think I've heard the original until now -- because I am not very young. :B):)

The original is currently old enough to vote. I first heard it over half my lifetime ago, which makes me feel old. It doesn't make me feel very young...

• Haha 6

2 hours ago, FaekiasDracon said:

The fun thing is that after I quit and was doing merchandising in other stores I’d be stopped and asked questions (usually of the not so smart and/or very easily obvious answered variety) even when wearing colors not associated with the store I was working in. 

I used to be regularly asked stock questions in Walmart and Target despite not wearing anything even vaguely like their colors/clothing. I view this as an opportunity to provide ‘helpful’ directions to the wrong side of the store. 

Edited by Erifnogard
  • Haha 12