Froggy the Great

Randomness XV: 'tis a silly place.

I never knew that Asimov was a pig.

But I never read anything by him, so I had no reason to. :down:

1 hour ago, Pingo said:

If it’s the 90s doesn’t that mean he should stick to grunge?

In the 90s I was listening to The Ramones and Bowie. :lol:

Bowie. ::(:

• Like 8
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Err. If I'm posting a picture (not here, on a print-on-demand t-shirt site) and it includes an elf riding a horse and neither of them is wearing a stitch but due to angles and stuff nothing is showing either, should I label it "adult material"?

I feel like people looking for pinups with their bits hanging out would be disappointed in my staid ol' piece of classicism.

• Like 12

3 minutes ago, Pingo said:

Err. If I'm posting a picture (not here, on a print-on-demand t-shirt site) and it includes an elf riding a horse and neither of them is wearing a stitch but due to angles and stuff nothing is showing either, should I label it "adult material"?

I feel like people looking for pinups with their bits hanging out would be disappointed in my staid ol' piece of classicism.

The purpose of those tags is much more warning than search, and the sort of person who wants that warning (whether because of personal preference or browsing on a work computer) is not going to want to see an unbarded and uncaparisoned horse. ^_^

(I actually do think the answer is "yes".)

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Doug Sundseth said:

The purpose of those tags is much more warning than search, and the sort of person who wants that warning (whether because of personal preference or browsing on a work computer) is not going to want to see an unbarded and uncaparisoned horse. ^_^

(I actually do think the answer is "yes".)

Yeah, I decided to go with "yes" as probably the more ethical route. I also disabled the "children's shirts" for this one.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Doug Sundseth said:

Either they think that everyone drives like they do, but only they should be allowed to drive that way, or (more likely), they think they're driving really well and all the problems are caused by the idiots on the road with them.

All skiers are "intermediate" and all drivers are "above average". Just ask them.

I'm an average driver.  I make mistakes, I do stupid things, and I miss things. 

Oh wait, I'm also a professional driver since a) paid to do such, and b) I actually have courses and certifications that can back that up....  But I'm still an average driver. 

On the track?  I'm a novice.  Man I was terrible at winter autocross, but I did still manage to beat EIGHT SUBARUS Ina COROLLA!! ::P:

2 hours ago, OneBoot said:

I probably should have mentioned that this is going to be a "temporary upgrade" computer; MrBoot was very much planning to celebrate me finishing my schooling in a few months with a shiny new high-mid range PC, but us suddenly having a bunch of big expenses due to moving sort of drove a coach and horses through that plan. He's been very clear that he's very grateful to BrotherBoot for doing this, but that he wants me to know that he is still planning to get/build me a sweet new PC. ^_^ 

The 8 gb was my decision, due to us having to be careful about money for the next few months, and will be a temporary state; once the dust settles, I plan to get another stick of the exact same kind. Same thing with an SSD - definitely planned, but not immediately necessary to make the computer function (unlike the PSU and at least some RAM).

I hear that; MrBoot and I don't get new tech very often, but when we do we try to go for mid to high-range quality so it'll last another good long while. Replacing electronics is a pain, and usually an expensive one.

Yep, that's the plan! MrBoot has that exact type of setup, and he loves it. His computer boots so fast, and runs the few games he has on it beautifully. ^_^ 

Ah, good to know.  Either way, still a lovely upgrade in the interim.  I'm looking forward to upgrading my "growing long in the tooth" 4770k based rig next year to an eight core of some description. 

Mmm yes, dual monitors is absolutely in my future computer plan. I've had two monitors in a couple different jobs, and it's lovely. :wub:

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

Careful with monitors, sometimes they keep growing...::P: I joined the two monitor movement over a decade ago, and it was awesome.... Now I'm at three, and will eventually be upgrading to a 3+1 setup....  Although not many make the additional leap, I just want it so I have a calibrated monitor at the top for video and photo editing... 

But the 27 / 34 / 27 setup I'll have as the main rig... So can't wait.  That's going to be AWESOME. 

• Like 9

Brutus is at the doggy hotel.

Oldest vixen is out swimming

Youngest vixen and my girl are visiting my girl's parents.

I'm playing Total Warhammer II as the Tomb Kings ( Settra)

We have packed our bags and tomorrow we will drive to Dusseldorf and then fly to Crete together.

Maybe I wil log in tomorrow morning for an hour or so, and then you will not see me for a week.

Behave, don't burn down the thread ( Put down that lighter @Chaoswolf I saw that!) Be nice to each other and keep an eye on M.E.O.W. And R.I.B.B.I.T!

Hmmm, maybe I should leave a guard behind.

Spoiler

image.png.1380be62b5537e3187a872cd4e919330.png

• Like 11
  • Haha 8

Okay, no direct links, cuz commercial, but if you go to redbubble-dot-com and go to slash-people-slash-achronalart that's me and you can see the pen-and-ink drawing I was talking about. It's called "Fae Riders."

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

36 minutes ago, Pingo said:

You're not posting the Adults Only listing for the kids, you're posting it for the PARENTS.

• Like 9

Rough night last night.

Lucy had a seizure at around 2:15, and then another at 6. She's been at the emergency vet since then. She's 13, and... And I'm really worried.

And I'm currently sitting at work, being rather unproductive. Waiting for a call. The vet said no news is good news, so... Yay... 

Edited by Crowley
spelling...
  • Like 1
  • Sad 28

1 minute ago, Crowley said:

Rough night last night.

Lucy had a seizure at around 2:15, and then another at 6. She's been at the emergency vet since then. She's 13, and... And I'm really worried.

And I'm currently sitting at work, being rather unproductive. Waiting for a call. The very said no news is good news, so... Yay... 

I'm sorry, and I'm hoping.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, Crowley said:

Rough night last night.

And I'm currently sitting at work, being rather unproductive. Waiting for a call. The very said no news is good news, so... Yay... 

Crossing my fingers for you!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Pingo said:

Okay, no direct links, cuz commercial, but if you go to redbubble-dot-com and go to slash-people-slash-achronalart that's me and you can see the pen-and-ink drawing I was talking about. It's called "Fae Riders."

Redbubble put up some resistance but I got there in the end...

Right: so the effect of giving it those tags is that it displays a little generic, mostly grey,  icon with a Rebbubble logo and an [oak?] leaf. Labeled with the words “mature content”. 

It does that, instead of a thumbnail of the art, if it decides there is a tiny chance the visitor on the other side of the screen  might be a kid.  

• Like 5