Froggy the Great

Randomness XV: 'tis a silly place.

3 hours ago, Crowley said:

Most of the Cons I'm familiar with have instituted strong codes of conduct, and are either following them, or getting blasted online about not following them. Guests are refusing to attend if there isn't a code of conduct that directly addresses these issues, and in at least one big con I know about, in the opening ceremony they make point to bring it up, right along side the 5-2-1 rule (Sleep, food, shower). 

We had strong codes of conduct 30 years ago when I was working security for cons. Assault wouldn't have been tolerated.

That's not the issue I have. SF fandom used to be tolerant; you didn't have to agree, but there was a strong presumption of good will on both sides. That's not the case, IME, any more.

• Like 10

I don't know what happened but I saw NAMBLA mentioned. I spent 13 years tracking paroled sex offenders, after seeing what the effects were on kids, I do not regret one minute or injuries I sustained.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

I forgot to add, my deepest apologies to everyone. I guess I said something someone did not like or found offensive, that was not my intent. So again I apologize. It will happen again.

• Like 7

Oh, one of the take aways from the camp out last week - Sam is still my shortest player in the kids game - but sometime between when I last saw her and Megan in the same place... Sam has gotten taller - by several inches. She is taller than Megan. Almost 5'.

In my head she is still the little girl that wanted to play a faerie princess. ::D:

Her mom is taller than I am... (And I am taller than her dad.)

The Auld Grump

For those that are on the Heroic Maps Patreon - Megan used Skull Gorge tonight. ::):

The Auld Grump

• Like 9

It's very, very humid tonight. Like 85-90%. And it's still almost 80F. So it's a miserable night at work. At least now the giant portable AC unit seems to be working better than it was the first few days we had it, so when I'm in the office it's comfortable. But that may be because we've also got a trailer-sized one parked out front and pumping into the other half of the building now.

• Like 11

Sunburn is peeling. I appear to have achieved a tan regardless of the redness, the itchiness, and the gross peeling.

• Like 10
  • Sad 1

We will leave in an hour and a half for Crete.

See you all later.

No, no, this is a vacation, WOOF is certainly not conquering other nations.

WUT?

This Missile Launcher? Just standard snorkling gear!

Yup we do need grenades for the BBQ.

Why do you ask these silly questions?

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 1
  • Haha 12

11 hours ago, Doug Sundseth said:

Which would have been more fun if it were less than 100° and not a cloud in the sky, but there you go. ^_^

Baking one's brain always helps solidify the information, donchano? :winkthumbs:

Hubby works at 6am tomorrow. I get off work at 7am. So he's going to take Baby to work with him, and I'm gonna go pick her up after I'm off. And hubby is gonna feed me before I leave, so yay!

• Like 5
  • Haha 5

Had a run in with a US Marshal last night at work. Let's just say that parking blocking a driveway and on the yellow while on a stakeout is not the best way to stay inconspicuous...

• Like 5
  • Haha 11
  • Sad 1

Enjoy the vacation, @Glitterwolf!

I hope everyone manages to stay cool, or at least avoid any heat related injuries this weekend.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

So... Lucy is home. She is not great? Wobbly, and a little out of it, but home. We have an appointment with a neurologist on Wednesday. She has anti seizure meds, and isn't uncomfortable or in distress. 

Me? I'm still feeling stressed. And helpless. It sucks. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 17

2 minutes ago, Crowley said:

So... Lucy is home. She is not great? Wobbly, and a little out of it, but home. We have an appointment with a neurologist on Wednesday. She has anti seizure meds, and isn't uncomfortable or in distress. 

Me? I'm still feeling stressed. And helpless. It sucks. 

It’s always hard when someone you love is ill, especially when you can’t explain to them what’s going on. My sympathies.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1