Froggy the Great

Randomness XV: 'tis a silly place.

7 minutes ago, NebulousMissy said:

Also for scale, this is all that an entire Pathfinder group could eat over an entire game.

So, low level characters then?

::P:

• Like 3
  • Haha 12

The cookie defeated us all... :down:

Have to come back to it tomorrow. I'll challenge it to a rematch. Or slice it into bars and take them to work.

• Like 11
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

21 minutes ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

So.......

The Cookie Won?

GEM

TPK'd by a cookie...

• Like 4
  • Haha 8

1 hour ago, NebulousMissy said:

Not even half...

What I’m hearing is you still have over half a cookie.

*Googles Vancouver to Philadelphia*

Hmm. 2962.5 miles.

Tempting...

• Like 2
  • Haha 13

1 hour ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

Nice.

Should be able to run on any modern system in an emulation mode.

The hardest part is going to be finding a system with a working floppy drive.

You might be able to find somebody who can put the whole game on a thumb drive for you since the packaging states it requires 2 floppy drives or a hard drive.

GEM

If I remember right, GoG sells all three games. Though kudos to you for finding an original copy.

Edited by Pezler the Polychromatic
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, Mad Jack said:

94 F and 70% humidity today... Yay me. :zombie:

Gonna be 99 tomorrow. :rolleyes:

In other news, anybody got an old '90's-era IBM with two floppy drives that I can borrow?

Found this at the Goodwill (complete with map, books and all assorted secondary paperwork and inserts) the other day.... 

SSI4281.jpg

“Also available on 5 1/4” “

:lol:  :wub:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

So.......

The Cookie Won?

GEM

It's a dire cookie. Very fearsome. 

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 14

43 minutes ago, Pingo said:

“Also available on 5 1/4” “

:lol:  :wub:

Hey, at least it isn't on 8" floppies. Or on compact cassette.

I remember the first time I was going through a stack of cassettes that my dad had in a box, trying to find some "new" music to listen to, and I ran across a baby blue cassette that had "Tandy" and some illegible pencil scribblings on the label. Talk about a surprise when I put it in the stereo! I used to think listening to a modem dial out was painful, but hearing a data tape screech at you over a pair of Klipsch cabinets is quite the experience...

Edited by Unruly
  • Haha 18

3 hours ago, Mad Jack said:

94 F and 70% humidity today... Yay me. :zombie:

Gonna be 99 tomorrow. :rolleyes:

In other news, anybody got an old '90's-era IBM with two floppy drives that I can borrow?

Found this at the Goodwill (complete with map, books and all assorted secondary paperwork and inserts) the other day.... 

SSI4281.jpg

3 hours ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

Nice.

Should be able to run on any modern system in an emulation mode.

The hardest part is going to be finding a system with a working floppy drive.

You might be able to find somebody who can put the whole game on a thumb drive for you since the packaging states it requires 2 floppy drives or a hard drive.

GEM

Thre's a couple of issues here...

The diskettes may have deteriorated and no longer be readable. 

Reading them into a modern machine can be done with an USB-based floppy drive(es they are available. I'm using one mself, for going through my hoard)

And running it under an 'emulation mode' requires that the program is 'well-behaved' and I'm afraid that old games are NOT that.

You'll really struggle to get it to run even on WinXP without a third-party emulator shell. Some of them can be difficult even with a third-party shell such as DosBox.

The Eye of the Beholder pack on GoG costs less than the floppy drive you need to read the diskettes...   

• Like 11

I made Bacon

The Bacon was crunchy!!

( [x] achievement_unlocked )

• Like 8
  • Haha 5

I think I've picked an expensive time to start taking an interest in boardgaming, I now have 4 upcoming Kickstarters on my watch list added to the two I'm already backing.

Is it too late to go back to being the blissfully ignorant boob I used to be, where I'd look at these things and think "Those are nifty minis, pity they'll be PVC" and move on?

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

Man, I forgot how good marmite on wheat toast is.

Also, my peaches went from fine to mushy mold farms in the span of 16 hours. I ate two yesterday and they were still nice and firm without a speck of mold. I went to grab one today and I was able to salvage just 2 of the ones I had left. And even those ones were mushy to the point of barely being able to hold them without my fingers poking through. It made me sad.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 10

14 minutes ago, Unruly said:

Also, my peaches went from fine to mushy mold farms in the span of 16 hours. I ate two yesterday and they were still nice and firm without a speck of mold. I went to grab one today and I was able to salvage just 2 of the ones I had left. And even those ones were mushy to the point of barely being able to hold them without my fingers poking through. It made me sad.

Store bought, from garden or a local farm?

The store bought fruits are picked while still slightly green, then left to 'ripen' during transport. It's not a good way of handling fruits. 

And the further it travels, the worse the 'counter life' ends up.   

• Like 9