Froggy the Great

Randomness XV: 'tis a silly place.

7 minutes ago, Gadgetman! said:

Store bought, from garden or a local farm?

The store bought fruits are picked while still slightly green, then left to 'ripen' during transport. It's not a good way of handling fruits. 

And the further it travels, the worse the 'counter life' ends up.   

Store bought, and yea, I know how that goes. I'd had them almost all week, but I was hoping I'd get the chance to do something with them later today.

Oh well.

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

The sky is nicely overcast and the heat has subsided somewhat. Might actually get some yardwork done. Haven't found any additional pumpkins yet, but at least the bees have stopped attacking me when I wander over to check. 

• Like 8

Re: Bacon...

3 hours ago, Gadgetman! said:

Did you make enough for everyone?

I zapped up 10 slices...so...IDK?

Glitterwolf is in transit and not about therefore maybe??

6 hours ago, OneBoot said:

It's a dire cookie. Very fearsome. 

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

It didn’t have the characteristic spikes like dire things have...  [insert-light-bulb-emoticon-here]

@NebulousMissy  if one carefully set Hershey kisses on the top of it partway thru the bake I wonder if they’d stay spikey for a proper Dire-Cookie effect?

• Haha 16

I saw the big black Goth man walking his tiny fluffy white dog again this morning.

I love my neighbors.

• Like 3
  • Haha 11

After not sleeping for 24 hours, and getting around 4 hours sleep each of the previous three days, I was finally able to get to sleep. And I slept 7 whole hours! 

I think ill I'll go back to bed though. 

8 hours ago, Darsc Zacal said:

Oh snap! Your Mom had that one locked and loaded.

No one can burn you to the ground like a parent.

8 hours ago, NebulousMissy said:

So I did in fact finish the cookie. For scale, that's a 20 inch paella pan.

cookie1.png.db969b4e0939da2557be0aa236044f61.png

Also for scale, this is all that an entire Pathfinder group could eat over an entire game.

cookie2.png.10c3a2bd3db3b4cd632cff50ac9b87c1.png

Not even half...

Lightweights. Bring that cookie over here. I'll show it who's the boss!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 12

We had a heck of a thunderstorm here last night; woke up to tree limbs all over the yard. No damage to the house or any of the vehicles, though.

• Like 15

1 hour ago, Crowley said:

Send coffee....

No, COFFEE....

No... MORE COFFEE.

And this is why I have several different ways of brewing coffee...  Although this morning I can't decide if I want Clever brewed, or Keurig, hmmm...  Eh, might as well be Clever brewed, because I'd love a mug of Honduras coffee.. 

• Like 5

Power went out a couple of hours ago, utility claiming wind damage. Storms were yesterday, I suspect some fool too impatient to wait for a crew from the power company tried to clear downed branches or trees on his own did more harm than good. With over half a million without power from yestersay's storms in Michigan it might be awhile. Board games it is!

• Like 1
  • Sad 8

Well thunderstorms just came in where I'm at, so the weeds live another day. (They learned to preempt me I see...)

Just as well, it's thematic for getting some more work done on my undead project. 

• Like 9

Today's project... Gap filling!  I've, uh, apparently been saving up minis for such or something...

Spoiler

IMG_20190721_102248.thumb.jpg.6d348dce4f4c33ff0146f9e8dfcdbfb8.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 11

We're gonna get more boxes today and do some more packing. Since my bubble wrap came, we can start in on the toys and stuff. We have a lot of fragile things...

• Like 13

We've had 1 48 hour period in the last 3 weeks that it didn't rain. Getting very little work down because of that and breakdowns. It rains almost every evening and in the mornings it is too wet to do much. The last few days have been nice in the afternoons but before that it was over 30 C and they're predicting that again in a couple days. A wicked strong wind went through my farm and destroyed 2 old wooden granaries. Not worried about them as they haven't been used in many years. One is stacked neatly against the side of a solider building that was 15 feet from it. The other kind of exploded and disintegrated all over the place included on my main trail to my fields. Cleared a path through it a couple days ago but need to gather up the rest. Nothing like sowing nail filled boards over a place I drive every day. I'm 2 weeks behind where I was hoping to be and starting to get a little frustrated. In other words a fairly typical summer for me. :rolleyes: 

4 minutes ago, redambrosia said:

We're gonna get more boxes today and do some more packing. Since my bubble wrap came, we can start in on the toys and stuff. We have a lot of fragile things...

Just remember to not pop all the bubble wrap until after you unpack. Good luck. Hope it all makes it to Wyoming with no damage.

• Like 9
  • Sad 4

Yeah, the rain finally mostly let up yesterday over here...  It's a... nice change, to say the least.  This is the prairies, not Vancouver!

• Like 7

4 hours ago, TGP said:

It didn’t have the characteristic spikes like dire things have...  [insert-light-bulb-emoticon-here]

@NebulousMissy  if one carefully set Hershey kisses on the top of it partway thru the bake I wonder if they’d stay spikey for a proper Dire-Cookie effect?

I’d suggest adding kisses immediately after baking  and crust is hot and still a little soft like with peanut butter blossoms. Course this might alter the amount of chocolate chips you add at the beginning unless dire amounts of chocolate is also desired in your dire cookie. But it looks like a delicious cookie blondie  as is.

• Like 9