Froggy the Great

Randomness XV: 'tis a silly place.

I uh. I might have gotten too much into the necromancy and I uhh.... animated a dragonfly. <better story than "it was dying and unable to defend itself from the kidnapping human">

I found a blue dragonfly and a green dragonfly on the ground. Beautiful, and dead on the road, not yet stepped on. So I picked them up! They can live on the decorative rocks in the lab! I kept walking, got to the building and the elevator.

The blue one started wiggling. And wiggling for a while!! Not a ton, but waggling the tail up and down slowly. I got it on video, it wiggling in my hand. And then I put it on a rock and it kept wiggling, with some bigger wiggles! I doubt it has much more in it than that, or else it would have bitten me or moved its legs. But still, it moved. I animated a dragonfly. FEAR ME I HAVE INSECT NECROMANCY NOW!

• Like 1
  • Haha 18

5 hours ago, SparrowMarie said:

To do today(!):

• Color plan these giants from B4.
  • Scrounge around and see if I have anything that will waterproof/seal both cork and wood.
  • Acquire super glue some how.
  • Dishes if I have the spoons (which I currently don't have.)
  • Work on taking blog photos.
    • If I finish that I should post the blog after I get someone to give it a once over, I'm bad at finding people to edit/proofread consistently.

Well, I vaguely color planned. I also edited some old photos that I'm going to slowly post up on the Facebook page and Instagram. This mostly consisted of cropping and adding my logo to it.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, TGP said:

There’s no laundries in the setting?

The NPC with the large wicker basket and the big flat rock down by the stream.

GEM

Twinkle Twinkls

2 hours ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

There is a hot do vendor that visits the base that does a ruben hot dog.  With kilbasa.  I've even ordered one with a sweet sausage.

We definitely need a drool emoticon!

GEM

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Cyradis said:

Also occurs to me that I keep picking on my poor players to get new clothes. Armor stops blows. Cloth gets torn. Cloth stays messy. The ranger and the wizard both need new outfits. Again. Blood and puke - no good. **chortles**

3 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

wizard doesn't have prestidigitation? 

Beat me to it.

They still need mending. Prestidigitation only cleans, it doesn't repair. And mending should be a Ranger cantrip.

So ready for the students to be gone again. I'm already well beyond sick of them.

• Like 5
  • Sad 4

Yesterday was a weird, weird day at  work.

From least weird to most weird -

Hearing the District Manager describing the Chief of Operations as 'a complete effing moron!' (I can't say that he is wrong  - said moron* once threw out our colander because he didn't know what it was. He is Chief of Operations for a restaurant chain, and he doesn't know what a colander is? :blink:)

I got three gallons of pickled jalapenos in half gallon packages. (The special that they were for ended the same day they arrived.) If Megan wants to add jalapenos to her next meatloaf, I got her covered.

There was a sudden leak in the roof, so they had to pull down part of the suspended ceiling - and found a Masonite 'life sized Nativity' that had been up there since the 1960s....

The Auld Grump - all in all, a good day - just weird. ::P:

* Son of the company owner - he has an MBA and no actual experience in restaurants. His dad has a lifetime of experience with restaurants, and no college education at all.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Cyradis said:

I'm pleased. 4/5 of my party were fancyfied for the D&D gala event and it was hilarious. Sir Cyr's warforged butlerbot became a bowling ball of doom and turned the dance floor full of villains into a Tarantino scene. The ranger, who was so out of place trying to dance and flirt, got himself surrounded by rogues and knocked out in one round. Wizard ended up mirror-image tanking for a while, and a rogue ended up slamming him until the bowling ball arrived. Our scout out-cheated the cheaters at the gambling table; I'd even snuck cards into my dress before handing him the deck - bwahahahaha

They know the next session is going to be bloody, and they're judging that off how messy this was. They don't know that it will be a bit more personal of "bloody" next time. But I get one more week to work on Meaty the Meat dragon, so yay!

Sounds like fun, im running a gala for my kids game next session - 

To me nothing says fancy noble D&D party like a druid and a pack of raptors trying to storm the hall. 

- plus assassination, thieves, eligible daughters, and duels. 

• Haha 10

13 minutes ago, TheAuldGrump said:

Yesterday was a weird, weird day at  work.

From least weird to most weird -

Hearing the District Manager describing the Chief of Operations as 'a complete effing moron!' (I can't say that he is wrong  - said moron* once threw out our colander because he didn't know what it was. He is Chief of Operations for a restaurant chain, and he doesn't know what a colander is? :blink:)

I got three gallons of pickled jalapenos in half gallon packages. (The special that they were for ended the same day they arrived.) If Megan wants to add jalapenos to her next meatloaf, I got her covered.

There was a sudden leak in the roof, so they had to pull down part of the suspended ceiling - and found a Masonite 'life sized Nativity' that had been up there since the 1960s....

The Auld Grump - all in all, a good day - just weird. ::P:

* Son of the company owner - he has an MBA and no actual experience in restaurants. His dad has a lifetime of experience with restaurants, and no college education at all.

it was the second coming! this time he's off to save the dryads :P

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Evilhalfling said:

Sounds like fun, im running a gala for my kids game next session - 

To me nothing says fancy noble D&D party like a druid and a pack of raptors trying to storm the hall. 

- plus assassination, thieves, eligible daughters, and duels. 

The ranger managed to successfully dance with a flirty bard bard, including some fancy lifts and spins. He failed to gracefully bow out of dancing. He failed to notice the daggers up her skirt, and forgot to get her name until WAY later. He was crushed to find out that "Kandy" was evil. He then proceeded to position himself directly between two rogues and well.... it didn't take long to slam him down. No armor or fancy weapons, but hey, a basic dagger can still sneak attack!

Make sure the druids and raptors are well fed, @Evilhalfling ;)

• Like 9

Well it's been a successful week.  Although not so great for the waistline.  Whoever came up with the idea for crosnaughts* needs to be reminded there are weak willed people with a sweet tooth in the area.  I am glad I am just visiting!  On top of that we found a German bakery/resturant today.  I had an excellent dinner of jaeger schnitzel with German patatoe salad and fresh spatzle and then found the dessert menu and wished I had forgotten dinner.   Napoleon was wonderful,  creamy and lush with that elusive hint of flavor that makes the dish special but they also offered black forest cake, German chocolate cake, tiramisu (coworkers got that and it was also out of this world) Apple cake and many other tidbits to tempt ones soul.

* crosnaught: sweetened croissant coated with bakers sugar and filled with various puddings and jellies.  All the light flakiness of a croissant all the delictability of a donut.

• Like 6
  • Haha 5

2019-08-20.jpg

Hmmm... this conversation seems strangely familiar.... (I'm not saying I'm a Joel, but I'm a Joel.)

*EDIT* Megan just reminded me it is conversations. With a gender swap for the first conversation .

The Auld Grump

Edited by TheAuldGrump
  • Haha 11

15 hours ago, Froggy the Great said:

The Randomness XVI thread has been created, hidden, pinned, and locked.

I see dead people hidden threads. :ph34r:

Edited by Darsc Zacal
  • Like 2
  • Haha 13
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, Darsc Zacal said:

I see dead people hidden threads. :ph34r:

Good switch. Around here everybody sees dead people. I have shelves full of them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

I am bored.

Surgery went well enough. Only some complications.

Problem is there were certain milestones I needed to hit before I could be discharged. I hit all of them within 4 hours of leaving the OR. Now I have to stay here all night for no reason. 

I want food.

To clarify, there are worse things than recovering too fast.

I'd rather recover too fast than too slow. Avoids infections.

Edited by NebulousMissy
Merged!
  • Like 15
  • Sad 8