Froggy the Great

Randomness XV: 'tis a silly place.

1 hour ago, Crowley said:

Corgis can be both amazingly fast (over short distances) and exceptionally motivated. Back when Lucy and I ran agility, she could complete a course in time that would make a border collie proud. 

Brunch just got pushed back by another half hour. I guess a little more time to paint? Definitely more time for coffee. 

I can attest to that. Out on the farm, our corgi tried herding cattle by himself. One cow was slow, so he nipped her heel. She snorted, and before she could turn all the way around to charge him, the corgi was already halfway back to the house.

• Like 9
  • Haha 3

My corgi's a real badass with cattle. Fearless.

As long as she's in the truck. <_<

• Haha 13

6 hours ago, Gadgetman! said:

Quick tip, bring hand sanitizer and a bog roll on hikes.

The hand sanitiser should be obvious.

And trust me, grass is NOT a good substitute for some two-ply when you end up with 'the runs'...

I spent half my childhood playing along the creek near our house. We have a type of grass called "saw grass" that grows in the wet areas. It can cut skin when you brush against it but looks soft and grows tall. I won't go into details but one experience with it when I couldn't make it back to the house lead me to an extensive study of which leafy plants are usable in that situation. :unsure: Most people I know around here have had similar experiences with something best not being used that way. We often work a long way from the facilities and don't carry tp. S#!t happens.

49 minutes ago, Marvin said:

My corgi's a real badass with cattle. Fearless.

As long as she's in the truck. <_<

My sister had a part border collie that was like that. He'd love to chase the cows but didn't really know what he was doing. Then they'd chase him and he'd go hide somewhere. Nearly got me trampled a couple of times because he thought I was a good place to hide when he had half the herd on a stampede.

• Like 4
  • Haha 8

2 hours ago, TGP said:

I did a little pre-dawn (See note) searching and found YouTube videos about this. I watched the 2017 Version in its entirety. In the first four qualifying heats some/many of the dogs went after invisible squirrels. But that final race, the field consisting of the top two dogs from every previous race, was different. Little four-footed guided missiles in that last one. 

(NB: it turns out Corgi Racing videos do not cure insomnia.)

You should check out corgi agility... it won't cure your insomnia, but it's impressive! 

• Like 7

@TGP your stomach may have shrunk just a little, eat small portions to start and slowly eat more to remedy that.

Also..that picture of food? To me that's not a healthy thing if you have been sick and unable to eat for a while.

Way too much salt and fat.

You need some fruits, vegetables and a good piece of meat or fish, not hamburgers and such.

Breakfast - greek yoghurt with nuts and fruits and a touch of honey or a fruit smoothie

Lunch - wholewheat bread with hummus, sundried tomato in small slices, some grilled red bell peppers in slices, a little rocket and some pinenuts.

Dinner - Green asparagus, shortly stirfried in olive oil with a little balsamico, a good medium grilled steak and baked potatoes.

Just an example, this will give you all the necessary food groups over the day and there is no junk food in that.

Also...hope you don't mind me , It's not meant as a lecture, more as an example what one can do with simple ingredients.

Scramble an egg, add thin slices of tomato while frying it and add crumbled feta to it and some oregano and ground pepper.

Awesome Greek style omelet!

Buy some flatbread like pita or naan, toast it a little and put lettuce on it, some grilled veggies and some chicken or ground beef fried in Korma.

Some mango chutney on the side.

Those instant broths/soups are nice to start with when you had problems, but they do contain lots of salt, don't make a habit out of it.

Fine as a quick lunch sometimes just don't do that daily.

Take half a zucchini, grate it into a bowl, add 8 spoons of flour, 4 eggs, a touch of ground pepper, some oregano and crumble some feta in there.

Stir this till it becomes a batter

Now heat a frying pan and add olive oil ( like 1cm high) when the oil is hot, take a spoon and scoop portions of the batter in there.

It will fry, turn it over, let it leak on paper towel and have zucchini feta pancakes.

Great with some meatballs or a souvlaki.

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

The wife laughed at me when she found out I have a stash of canned soup in the truck I drive back and forth from the farm with. Today she understood why. WE're going away for a couple days so I wasn't working this morning. Went to have lunch and there were no leftovers, no soup, no bread and no eggs. Didn't feel like thawing out meat and cooking a lunch for myself. Walk into garage and grab a can. Problem solved. You need to be sneaky with teenage boys in the house! :poke:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 13

*whimpers from the depths of Diorama hell*

But should that shadow be deeper? does that color serve the STORY?

*Opens craftroom door and goes inside*

*Screams of the damned are heard*

*closes craftroom door*

• Like 5
  • Haha 7
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 5

1 minute ago, Argentee said:

*whimpers from the depths of Diorama hell*

But should that shadow be deeper? does that color serve the STORY?

*Opens craftroom door and goes inside*

*Screams of the damned are heard*

*closes craftroom door*

Right?

RIGHT??

:upside:

• Like 5
  • Haha 8

That moment when you have a brilliant idea, and then realize hours later that you have already seen it in action.

Fire giant with the Trickster class.

Then realizing Julie was playing an NPC in the space jammers game that was exactly that.

She stole our enlarged barbarian's loincloth during a wrestling match. :blink:

I think it ended in a happy draw offstage somewhere.

• Like 3
  • Haha 10

1 hour ago, Zink said:

You need to be sneaky with teenage boys in the house! :poke:

"Did you eat the cookies?"

"I had a few."

"I had two and your mom had one."

"... Nine is a few."

:rolleyes:

• Like 5
  • Haha 11

These are wonderful suggestions:

4 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

@TGP your stomach may have shrunk just a little, eat small portions to start and slowly eat more to remedy that.

Also..that picture of food? To me that's not a healthy thing if you have been sick and unable to eat for a while.

Way too much salt and fat.

You need some fruits, vegetables and a good piece of meat or fish, not hamburgers and such.

Breakfast - greek yoghurt with nuts and fruits and a touch of honey or a fruit smoothie

Lunch - wholewheat bread with hummus, sundried tomato in small slices, some grilled red bell peppers in slices, a little rocket and some pinenuts.

Dinner - Green asparagus, shortly stirfried in olive oil with a little balsamico, a good medium grilled steak and baked potatoes.

Just an example, this will give you all the necessary food groups over the day and there is no junk food in that.

Also...hope you don't mind me , It's not meant as a lecture, more as an example what one can do with simple ingredients.

Scramble an egg, add thin slices of tomato while frying it and add crumbled feta to it and some oregano and ground pepper.

Awesome Greek style omelet!

Buy some flatbread like pita or naan, toast it a little and put lettuce on it, some grilled veggies and some chicken or ground beef fried in Korma.

Some mango chutney on the side.

Those instant broths/soups are nice to start with when you had problems, but they do contain lots of salt, don't make a habit out of it.

Fine as a quick lunch sometimes just don't do that daily.

Take half a zucchini, grate it into a bowl, add 8 spoons of flour, 4 eggs, a touch of ground pepper, some oregano and crumble some feta in there.

Stir this till it becomes a batter

Now heat a frying pan and add olive oil ( like 1cm high) when the oil is hot, take a spoon and scoop portions of the batter in there.

It will fry, turn it over, let it leak on paper towel and have zucchini feta pancakes.

Great with some meatballs or a souvlaki.

How sad is it I have absolutely ^ none of those ingredients?

I can remember having both eggs and honey within the last 11 months. :upside: Both got pitched because they had solidified.  :blink:

• Like 1
  • Sad 9

I lost the mouse! It fell just as I was about to glue it on the base! :zombie:

So I did the logical thing and just forgot about it... </!sarcasm>

Just Kidding! (It's like you don't even know me) I sculpted a half dozen mice (well, two are more rat sized) and I'm going to make all of them up so that ONE will surely survive to make it into the diorama! Muhahahahahaha! :devil:

• Like 7
  • Haha 12