Jump to content

Froggy the Great

Randomness XV: 'tis a silly place.

Recommended Posts

You can use Everclear to float on a drink and set it on fire. Better when you put it in the husk of a juiced lime to make a fire boat in the drink without contaminating said drink. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just ordered a mini of a naked woman with a lantern, and I'm not completely sure why. :blues:

 

Maybe because we are at the intermission for Andrew's game and I'm a bit bored?

 

I'll paint it as a ghost and give it to Grump gor the Blight.

  • Like 5
  • Haha 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TGP said:

I thought you were driving to .....Colorado ?  .......Texas?

 

Fell through. Speaking of, though,

 

 

Update: The wiener dog is infected with hookworm, and chances are good her other dog and the cats have it, and there's even a possibility my wife has it! So I have opted to stay clear with my two girls until they're all fully medicated and the area is decontaminated. That'll take us into the weekened, at which point it's of course Labor Day weekend, and I don't really want to hit the road for all that, so I'm staying grounded until sometime next week.

 

Disappointing but sadly unsurprising.

  • Confused 2
  • Sad 14

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You know how I said that Grump was right, that kids DO focus more on the game?

 

Let me just say "Wow". Just "Wow"

 

So far the food break has been a half hour longer than the amount of time we've spent playing. :wacko:

 

This is all adults.

  • Haha 7
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

You can use Everclear to float on a drink and set it on fire. Better when you put it in the husk of a juiced lime to make a fire boat in the drink without contaminating said drink. 

 

Also, if you're like me, you can mix it with Hawaiian Punch and drink it until you're both astoundingly wild and pathetically sad and start punching windows out.

 

Can't really recommend it for that tho.

  • Sad 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Marvin said:

 

Also, if you're like me, you can mix it with Hawaiian Punch and drink it until you're both astoundingly wild and pathetically sad and start punching windows out.

 

Can't really recommend it for that tho.

 

My only purpose for it is awesome looking drinks because controlled fire is fun. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Cyradis said:

My villain violinist is uhh... based on Lindsey Stirling. "Lindsey Silver" is how she introduced herself. She's Lindsey Quick Silver - talented with the violin and lying through her teeth. I actually really like Ms Stirling's music. Had to use her as inspiration for something!

 

I am reminded of the video for "Roundtable Rival".  Which I assume you've seen based on the extra-loud violin.  ::D:

 

And persuant to my previous post, teenage daughter was ambushed by brainweasles because she had to write an essay in Driver's Ed class.  Why they have to test via essays to learn how to drive a car escapes me.  <_<  I'm glad she's going to have both of her big brothers stay with her while we're away.  

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Zink said:

Not generally one to complain about meals but a couple days ago we had one that deserves it. We went to Manitou Springs spa. The hotel and spa itself are a bit older but decent and not overly expensive for a hotel. The pool is large and uses salt water from Little Manitou Lake which has one of the highest concentrations salts and minerals in the world. A lot of people believe it's got miraculous healing powers and come there from all over the world. We love the pool. This trip we decided to eat at the hotel restaurant. The menu sounds great and the prices are steep. What we got was small and fairly tasteless. You can get a better meal for about half price at any chain restaurant. Kind of sad considering that they are trying to put on that they are world class. Still nice to see something like the spa in small town Saskatchewan.

I hope SWMBO and I don't have that experience if we end up getting the reservation we're on the waitlist for... The restaurant was voted best in the world, so we thought we'd give it a go (but it was waitlist only)

 

8 hours ago, paintybeard said:

 

An awful lot of restaurants seem to think that serving up tiny portions makes them look "classy". THEY ARE WRONG!

They are an awful lot, aren't they.

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everything is right with the world again. The new series of Great British Bake Off (Great British Baking Show in North America) is back for its tenth series. Normal service has resumed.

 

The world would be a much better place if everyone acted like the people in that big tent ^_^

  • Like 11
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still haven't watched that. I fell onto Grand Designs for my British obsession.

 

And was actually watching it today. Can recommend for anyone with Netflix to check out season 15, episode 6. It's a Fibonacci house! Totally stunning what they did.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Marvin said:

 

Fell through. Speaking of, though,

 

 

Update: The wiener dog is infected with hookworm, and chances are good her other dog and the cats have it, and there's even a possibility my wife has it! So I have opted to stay clear with my two girls until they're all fully medicated and the area is decontaminated. That'll take us into the weekened, at which point it's of course Labor Day weekend, and I don't really want to hit the road for all that, so I'm staying grounded until sometime next week.

 

Disappointing but sadly unsurprising.

 

Well it was a good day to not be driving in Texas (Monday). I did some driving around Monday (when I was offered hot coffee ...on special!... on the hottest day of the year). I survived. My truck survived. But:

 

I kept meetin’ up with Racer X.

speed_racer_shooting_star_front.jpg

 

:blink:

He is one crazy fool. He Kept changing cars. First sighting was a black Chevy truck...

 

...Eastbound on I30 going 100 in a 60 <_< 

  • Like 4
  • Confused 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our game tonight got derailed for a lengthy bit of time - because the John W. Campbell Award has just been renamed The Astounding Award.

 

John W. Campbell was an amazingly influential editor - of Astounding Science Fiction - who forever changed science fiction.

 

He was also a rather horrible human being. (I am certain that Pingo will be around later with a more informed description, but racist is a good start.)

 

The conversation then evolved into a discussion about Marion Zimmer Bradley, her husband, and the SCA. (Look up NAMBLA.)

 

Megan, on the other hand, wanted to get on with the game. (Too young, I guess.)

 

So, we did manage to get back on track, and got in another bit of gaming - including my doing battle against a paladin.... (Not anti-paladin - he was utterly convinced that he was in the right, though his smites did nothing.)

 

The Church is instigating a Crusade against the fey. Burning the forest as they go.

 

Trials, hangings, and burnings.

 

I ended up having to kill the idiot - and never got higher than a 17 with my Diplomacy rolls. Not sure I could have won him over, but with those rolls... I never got a chance to find out.

 

Iron Axe and Iron Blade,

Each shalt slay a faerie babe.

With each an Elphin Child shalt die,

Hush my baby, don't you cry....

 

Andrew will be having a mass combat next week - and I loaned him Heroes of Battle - I think he will find the section on Victory Points and adventures useful.

 

If I am reading things rightly, we will be fighting while withdrawing - the forces against us are currently too large to win against. Buying time for villages to retreat.

 

The Auld Grump - Heroes of Battle changed the way I handle heroic actions during wars.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

DINOSAURS IS ON HULU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

 

 

Not the mama, etc.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LittleBluberry said:

 

I am reminded of the video for "Roundtable Rival".  Which I assume you've seen based on the extra-loud violin.  ::D:

 

And persuant to my previous post, teenage daughter was ambushed by brainweasles because she had to write an essay in Driver's Ed class.  Why they have to test via essays to learn how to drive a car escapes me.  <_<  I'm glad she's going to have both of her big brothers stay with her while we're away.  

 

Pretty sure that song is on my playlist to have going during the ambush I have planned, after Swan Lake.

 

When/where are essays needed for a driving test? I only did a multiple choice and in-car. Not even a short answer section.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×