Froggy the Great

Randomness XV: 'tis a silly place.

4 minutes ago, redambrosia said:

Bad news everyone. 

Hide contents

4B4E52FF-B404-42A4-8719-BA128A536C1D.thumb.jpeg.c4c6b3f36c72032d903e5488d20ed0a0.jpeg

Sephy was eaten by an octopus. She is No More.

wasn't me :P

• Haha 16

7 minutes ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

wasn't me :P

Of course not. You're blue. Or are you one of those colour changing octopi cause that's kind of cool if you are.

• Like 1
  • Haha 12

11 minutes ago, redambrosia said:

Bad news everyone. 

Reveal hidden contents

4B4E52FF-B404-42A4-8719-BA128A536C1D.thumb.jpeg.c4c6b3f36c72032d903e5488d20ed0a0.jpeg

Octo-critter doesn’t look like it has very many HD. :rock:  My money is on Sephy hacking her way out. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 14

2 minutes ago, Zink said:

Of course not. You're blue. Or are you one of those colour changing octopi cause that's kind of cool if you are.

They're on to me!

*ink cloud vanish!*

• Like 3
  • Haha 10

Uncle Kevin getting to hold my newest "adopted" great-nephew, Colton. I'm a Dutch uncle to his Mom.

eEKFTC0.jpg

• Like 15
  • Thanks 4

9 hours ago, Serenity said:

Reaper Ron posted about it here when they were listed, but there was no warning on this forum before that, at least none I saw.  Perhaps there were early warnings elsewhere.

My swag bag was ordered Tue. evening and I got an email it had received postage Wed. morning.  Can't complain about that kind of service.

Question for anyone who knows:

It is a shame that there were a couple resin minis in the VIP bag you can't get in the store otherwise, but it's always been that way IIRC.  Are those available separately at ReaperCon or only in a VIP bag?

If they have left over stock, older RCon resin miniatures will be in the store at the Con. I couldn't afford the VIP bag when they first offered it which had the Cthon wizard & someone else. I picked them both up last year (2018) at the hotel store.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Ah boo, Ron had made mention of a Reapercon triad being released, but I don't see it on the site yet. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

They don't want my money!?!? FINE!!!! I'll go somewhere else to spend it!!.......Like Bones 5. That'll show 'em. :rolleyes:

If Reaper REALLY wanted our money, they'd put the limted edition paint sets on sale a week before or after the con.

Naturally, not to be delivered until AFTER the con, but still.

On the plus side, Four Peaks Kilt Lifter Ale really packs a punch.  I should sleep like a pup tonight!  Presuming I can make it down the hallway, that is...

1 hour ago, redambrosia said:

Or she's become a mindflayer...

• Like 6
  • Haha 8

Google abuse:

"can heat up by 10C (50F)"

(From this BBC article. I'll leave editorial comment to the imagination.)  <_<

Spoiler

It's pretty obvious that what happened is that somebody put something like "convert 10C into Fahrenheit" into a search engine. The problem here is that while 10°C on a thermometer is 50°F, a change of 10° C is a change of 18° F, because the two scales have different zero points.

NB: I have a screenshot of the article in case they eventually catch the screw up.

• Like 4
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 6

13 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Its in the second set, the second last 8 should be a B.

I'm actually more worried that the Dutch Postal Services won't know what to do with it and return it.

That will cost me an extra shipping to Canada.

I think (haven't ever worked there, but guessing) that for international mail they mainly care about the country field. And let that country deal with the rest of the address when it gets there.

13 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

@Jasper_the_2nd

My sympathies!

Losing a friend is awful!

My sympathies too.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Ooops.

I may have just placed an order...

But I can't wait two years for a plastic Murkillor!

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

5 hours ago, Kuroneko said:

Really sorry about your friend, @Jasper_the_2nd

Back when I was being a "Chemo Buddy" for my friend, the nurse was having a real mare of a time trying to find a decent vein to put a canulla into her. After several failed attempts, the nurse looked wistfully at the back of my hand and exclamed "Oh! Your veins are lovely and straight! I'd love to put a line into them!"

It took every bit of composure that I had to resist the urge to hide my hands immediately :unsure:

One of my work colleagues gave her child a smartphone when she was three. She said that the kid really needed it :blink:

But of course!

Any 3yr old must stay up to date these days, what else should she be doing?

Play?

You Dinosaur you!

@Corsair congrats on the  great -nephew!

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 8

I did have a cellphone when I was 9 years old (Nokia brick), but it was purely because I was in dance competitions and separated from my parents for extended periods in new locations. Probably wouldn't have had a phone until much later if not for that.

On painting: sheer cloth is hard. I am almost there, but the last two nights I've been out of it, and haven't painted that one. Tomorrow... back at it. Ahhhh

• Like 13

In dire situations even WOOF and M.E.O.W. will set aside their differences.

Like when a dreaded coloured dot invades a home.

image.png.3bf2a3e3c4e997879b614032ddcef4f3.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 12

My aunt is staying with my sister to help look after my niece (16 months?) while my BiL is in the hospital. Unfortunately, she's come down with a heck of a cold, and so one of my nephews is staying home from school (he's 13). I feel bad I'm not heading out there today. On the other hand, I don't actually know how much help I'll be. I have basically zero experience with small children. 

This calls for coffee..

• Like 13
  • Sad 1