Randomness XV: 'tis a silly place.

Hi everyone. I've been gone a while. Trying to get better and stuff. In a pretty bad downward spiral right now. Had been looking up. 

Removed my facebook from my phone. That has helped. But I miss the forums. And people on here. Sorry for not back reading. Dealing with a lot of overwhelming right now. 

• Like 16
  • Sad 10
  • Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Glitterwolf said:

Thanks all for the supportive thoughts and wishes.

I can only hope things will work out.

Still afraid for what might happen.

Very tough for you, Glitterwolf. It is awful for a capable, active person like yourself to feel that they cannot DO anything..

Maybe I am naïve, but I would still consider contacting the police.

Failing that, do you have a service in the Netherlands similar to The Samaritans?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, Paradoxical Mouse said:

Hi everyone. I've been gone a while. Trying to get better and stuff. In a pretty bad downward spiral right now. Had been looking up. 

Removed my facebook from my phone. That has helped. But I miss the forums. And people on here. Sorry for not back reading. Dealing with a lot of overwhelming right now. 

Glad to see you back, Mouse :;):

• Like 9
4 hours ago, Colonel Kane said:

Yeah they sold out if the figure. 

On a different note, I hope everyone is getting their oink on today.

Actually, today has been pretty Boaring so far.

GEM

Celebrating the Year of The Boar

wild-boar-05.thumb.jpg.6c72f022176c97d54b1170ddc82c2802.jpg

Edited by Green Eyed Monster
added pic
  • Like 2
  • Haha 7
2 hours ago, kristof65 said:

Currently talking to my customer with the obsolete tellers and he is complaining that he's lost $4k in sales over the last 4 days due to one of his tellers being down. The last time it was down, was Sep or Oct, and IIRC, he was complaining that he was losing a similar amount.  That happened to him 3-4 times last year for that one site.  I told him every time that he needed to replace the teller, as well as other times in between. 

A new teller for this customer would be around $12k to $16k.   

SMDH...

I'm assuming that you have explained to him that the "difficulties" with the obsolete teller are only going to become more frequent and that the cost for the replacement equipment is not going to be coming down, in fact, given inflation considerations it will probably increase in cost.

It sounds like you have an individual who never learned the first principle of shovel operation, that being, "When you are in a hole over your head it's time to stop digging."

The longer he waits to replace the equipment the more difficult it will be for him to obtain financing.  He has demonstrated a lack of business sense that will not be looked on favorably by the decision makers should he need to finance the acquisition.

Good Luck

GEM

In honor of the Year of the Boar, I had a Pork Tamale for lunch.

2 hours ago, Colonel Kane said:

Thank you, but autocorrect ruined my joke. If I find who made autocorrect I will beat them with a wet Google.

Can't you turn the autocorrupt "feature" off?

GEM

• Like 5
  • Haha 2
1 minute ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

I'm assuming that you have explained to him that the "difficulties" with the obsolete teller are only going to become more frequent and that the cost for the replacement equipment is not going to be coming down, in fact, given inflation considerations it will probably increase in cost.

It sounds like you have an individual who never learned the first principle of shovel operation, that being, "When you are in a hole over your head it's time to stop digging."

The longer he waits to replace the equipment the more difficult it will be for him to obtain financing.  He has demonstrated a lack of business sense that will not be looked on favorably by the decision makers should he need to finance the acquisition.

Good Luck

GEM

In honor of the Year of the Boar, I had a Pork Tamale for lunch.

Oh yeah, he's been told. And told. And told. And told. He's been digging so long that I'm not sure anyone can see him down that hole any more.  

He used to have a partner, who died about a decade ago, and he got the whole business. In hindsight, I think that's about the time things started going awry for him - I think his partner was the one with the real business sense. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 5
3 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

I have tried contacting him again, no response.

I feel bad, afraid and restless, but I can't do anything.

You can focus on the positive and care for those who can benefit from your kindness.  Whether this is volunteering in your community or helping with your granddaughter or at home.  It might help calm your worries to do something good.  <hugs>  

1 hour ago, Paradoxical Mouse said:

No worries about not reading everything or not writing anything.  Really.  Sometimes there just aren't any words.  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Well, heard from our group's former Combat Wombat, Molly - she is now at Harvard - working in the Dental school and taking classes.

And invited Megan and I over for NecronomiCon in Providence.

There is exactly one weekend this summer that is already filled, and NecronomiCon happens the exact same weekend. <_<

Meanwhile, in Andrew's game, the party is split - but that should be okay, we're in town, where it's safe! Right? Right? :unsure:

My character is drawing a great deal of attention - first clanking around in heavy and polished armor, then dressed in... rather ostentatious... clothing. (I am kind of expecting to get in a brawl as soon as I set foot in the tavern. ::P: My character is wearing a hat. With a feather in it!)

The Auld Grump - I will be hiring the pot boy at the inn to polish my armor, since I don't have a squire. (Yet.)

Edited by TheAuldGrump
  • Like 2
  • Haha 7
3 hours ago, Paradoxical Mouse said:

You are always welcome, no worries. Good to hear from you.

• Like 8
4 hours ago, Paradoxical Mouse said:

*takes @Paradoxical Mouse out of his pocket and cuddles her gently*

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1