Randomness XV: 'tis a silly place.

Right..

Dentist has taken a look.

It seems a little piece of bone is trying to get out.

Caused by the removal of a molar a while ago.

This little piece will probably come out by itself ( like a splinter in your finger would).

check up in two weeks, if it doesn't come out without trouble or if it gets worse than a dental surgeon will cut it out for me.

• Like 2
  • Sad 9
  • Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, that was quite the mod fight over in the Acquisitions thread! So many posts deleted and really nasty things being said!

And then I woke up. Went back to sleep. Another mod fight in my dreams. Repeat that three or four times. Very tiring. Not a good start to the day.

• Like 2
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 4
2 minutes ago, Pegazus said:

Wow, that was quite the mod fight over in the Acquisitions thread! So many posts deleted and really nasty things being said!

And then I woke up. Went back to sleep. Another mod fight in my dreams. Repeat that three or four times. Very tiring. Not a good start to the day.

??? I missed that , maybe that's for the best though.

• Like 3
16 minutes ago, Pegazus said:

I'm sort of curious, but at the same time...  Kind of glad I missed it too.

• Like 4
1 minute ago, Corsair said:

Still praying for you my friend.

I appreciate it!

Hope I'm not talking too much about it.

Anyway, I hope I can get some kind of closure tonight.

If he doesn't talk I can't help.

I just got a message,

Spoiler

He said he changed his locks, reset his phone to manufacturing settings and he's staying with a friend.

Ok, no idea where and who, but it is something.

I told him if he needed to talk to contact me and asked him to consider calling the police.

We'll see where this goes.

• Like 9
8 hours ago, Unruly said:

I'm contemplating if I want to keep playing the character that I currently have rolled up for D&D, a dwarf wizard that can pull a minor melee role if needed due to how he's built, or if I want to roll up something else. The party as it is now consists of a druid, a human bard, a tabaxi sorcerer, a human monk, a ranger, and my wizard. If another friend joins the game, he'll probably be bringing in a dwarf paladin because that's his go-to, but it's unknown if his schedule will let him join right now.

So we're pretty spell heavy, and in the first session my character ended up being something of the party tank in our first combat. Which is something he's equipped to do but isn't something he can maintain for long because it drains his spell slots rapidly and despite having a high Con score he's still got wizard health. I'm thinking that we may need a more front line character. Since I'll be missing session 2 and was late to session 1 so didn't get introduced right away, I can probably just have my current guy fade into the background as the NPC caravan guard he was in the first place.

Could just have him start taking levels in fighter?

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Pegazus said:

1 hour ago, Glitterwolf said:

??? I missed that , maybe that's for the best though.

1 hour ago, WhiteWulfe said:

I'm sort of curious, but at the same time...  Kind of glad I missed it too.

I had to re-read the original post to catch that it seems to have been a dream, I'm glad that it wasn't real; this is too idyllic a place for the petty squabbles found on the rest of the Internet to be allowed to taint it. 

• Like 9
15 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

Well, heard from our group's former Combat Wombat, Molly - she is now at Harvard - working in the Dental school and taking classes.

And invited Megan and I over for NecronomiCon in Providence.

There is exactly one weekend this summer that is already filled, and NecronomiCon happens the exact same weekend. <_<

Meanwhile, in Andrew's game, the party is split - but that should be okay, we're in town, where it's safe! Right? Right? :unsure:

My character is drawing a great deal of attention - first clanking around in heavy and polished armor, then dressed in... rather ostentatious... clothing. (I am kind of expecting to get in a brawl as soon as I set foot in the tavern. ::P: My character is wearing a hat. With a feather in it!)

The Auld Grump - I will be hiring the pot boy at the inn to polish my armor, since I don't have a squire. (Yet.)

The town we are in used to be a support village for a much larger town - a small city.

That city vanished about fifty years ago.

Buildings still standing - but strangely aged.

Bones and dust for some of the inhabitants, but nowhere near enough for the entire population.

And the trees have been growing over the ruins at a much faster pace than normal - it looks like the town has been abandoned for two centuries or more, not a mere fifty years.

And lately people going near that area of the now-woodland have started hearing things - or not returning.

Other claims are more concrete - hunters are have seen orcs, goblins, and ogres.

But the orcs and company have not attacked the town - yet.

Another support village for the city was abandoned - something went wrong with the well, so about twenty years ago those villagers moved to this town.

A wall is being built, they are hoping to have a ten foot high enclosure by the start of winter.

But it is expensive - the quarry is one of the main sources of income for the barony, and with its output going to building the wall....

However - it is known that there was a Lyre of Building in the city - and the Baron is offering to recognize my title if I and my boon companions - each a hero in their own right! can recover the Lyre - which will free up the quarry as a money making venture.

My character publicly soaked up the praise - and confided to the party that he does not trust the Baron one whit.(I got a rather good result on my Sense Motive - I don't know that he is lying about anything, but suspect that he is holding back important details.)

The Lyre - if it still exists - is in one of the churches in the city.

So, we are galumphing off into the woods again.

And Megan's character and mine are officially courting - even though she's a gnome.

The gnomes in this setting were exiled from or fled or emigrated Faerie many, many years ago - and my character is a mortal knight among the fey hosts. So... I am semi-pseudo-sorta gentry?

The Auld Grump - neither Megan nor I expected her mom to react this way....

51 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

I appreciate it!

Hope I'm not talking too much about it.

Anyway, I hope I can get some kind of closure tonight.

If he doesn't talk I can't help.

I just got a message,

Hide contents

He said he changed his locks, reset his phone to manufacturing settings and he's staying with a friend.

Ok, no idea where and who, but it is something.

I told him if he needed to talk to contact me and asked him to consider calling the police.

We'll see where this goes.

Blessed be.

The Auld Grump

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I leave for captain con tomorrow after work!

Feels weird to not be bringing a painting contest entry this year, but the whole moving thing kind of screwed that up. But the con is usually a good time.

This year I'm preregistered for a 40k killteam game, "Ork trader", and Infinity RPG. 

Also there will be clam cakes.

• Like 8
6 hours ago, redambrosia said:

@Glitterwolf best wishes for you and your family. That kind of trouble is always painful. 

The worst that's happened over here is that I'm having trouble sleeping and I dropped my cookie. I mean, I had a second cookie, but still.

5 second rule not in effect?

• Like 4
1 minute ago, Corsair said:

5 second rule not in effect?

Ewww! No, I was at work. Nasty!

Of course, we don't use the 5 second rule at home either... cats are as gross as drunk people. 

Besides, I'm getting to that point in my pregnancy where things falling on the floor are gone forever.

• Like 4
  • Haha 10
16 minutes ago, redambrosia said:

Ewww! No, I was at work. Nasty!

Of course, we don't use the 5 second rule at home either... cats are as gross as drunk people. 

Besides, I'm getting to that point in my pregnancy where things falling on the floor are gone forever.

We have a dog - you don't have five seconds before any dropped food is taken care of.... (With a wagging tail and a hope that you drop more.)

The Auld Grump

• Like 1
  • Haha 10