Jump to content

Randomness XV: 'tis a silly place.


Recommended Posts

Just now, Pingo said:

 

Hmm. Guitar string?

Plausible but how do you account for the curling where they were wrapped around the wooden handles?

The single handle wire with the sliding end is even harder to explain.

Besides, there's always that hard to explain bruising and cutting of the throat.

A lump on the head is so much more easily explained away aboard ship.

GEM

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wooo I finished a figure tonight! Roan Heartwood is a druid and the dog cleric's former master; he was her animal companion before she was slain by vampires. Lovely character. Everyone adored her and

Delivered by c-section (), 3:59pm May 8, 2019, 7lbs 10oz, 20 inches.    She started out purple, but quickly turned pink.

So, I woke up to terrible news.  A good friend passed away last night during emergency surgery.  I'm pretty gutted, as is everyone who knew him.  Big Tim was the heart of our race track.  He was t

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Kangaroorex said:

 

too much like work!  1 scoop per 8 ounces of coffee, grind in hand mill, water heated to 196 deg F  pour into euro press, stir wait for level to go down half way, pour in rest of water put in plunger, wait 30 seconds, plunge

 

Delicious Costa Rican coffee!

 

@Glitterwolf

 

Clearly needed the coffee when making coffee, although I'm curious as to how using coffee to brew coffee turns out (I know, you meant water ^_^) - is it like using red bull to brew your coffee since water wasn't handy enough? 

 

I was quickly converted to the "use a scale and do a few extra steps" side of things simply because I loved how it turned out - but I'm also somewhat nuts, so.... 

 

I'd consider a French press, but given I'm loving what I'm getting from my Clever... I'm more than happy.  I'd rather spend the cash on paints or something anyways ^_^

 

2 hours ago, Darsc Zacal said:

Regarding the disappearance of the forum houses.

 

Official Answer: 

As this was a game initiated by a former employee and there was not another employee willing to maintain his game, it was phased out with recent behind the scene upgrades. 

 

 

 

Ouch...  Sad they'd do such, but also understandable... Guess I just wish it would have been a more "hey, as a note, we're doing away with these because (insert reason here)" but at least we have an answer. 

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, strawhat said:

1885360662_ReaperHouses.png.c65d3bd623678beb018c2ad835240820.png

 

I just cribbed these out of a Google cache and dropped them into one PNG image.  I would think (but could not guaranty) that any individual image would be small enough that you could house it in your sig without issue.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, eldamir said:

Another downside to getting old and having loads of relatively specialized IT experience - I had to turn down what could have been an great opportunity with a terrific company because they can't meet my salary requirements for the position - even with them coming looking for me.

Sometimes you make due with less for the right job.  Can they offer alternative compensation like bonuses, shares, or additional time off? 

At this point I would happily give up 20% of my salary for another month off.

1 hour ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

Can be messy, and lead to extra inconvenient questions.

Besides, a pocket full of "loose change" bound up in a leather purse doesn't raise the sort of questions that carrying around a cheese wire does when you aren't the cook.

GEM

I always liked the piano tuner cover.  It explains the wire and the knobs on both ends.  And after seeing some of the pianos they have to tune, I can see a case for justifiable homicide.

 

 

Edited by Kangaroorex
  • Like 3
  • Haha 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Kangaroorex said:

 

Thank you!

I always liked the piano tuner cover.  It explains the wire and the knobs on both ends.  And after seeing some of the pianos they have to tune, I can see a case for justifiable homicide.

Works OK on dry land but not so well at sea.

Except maybe on a Cruise Ship, and I have yet to see one of the Cruise Lines commission a Submarine Cruise Liner. [random thought: Pity the guy whose job it would be to clean the outside of the portholes.]

GEM

  • Like 3
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Kangaroorex said:

It was a game?  Did we win?

Thanks for looking into it Darsc

 

if someone could arrange a location for the house icons so we could keep them in our Sig, I would appreciate it. 

I think that makes the untargetable House Polychromus the last one standing. :poke:

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WhiteWulfe said:

 

Clearly needed the coffee when making coffee, although I'm curious as to how using coffee to brew coffee turns out (I know, you meant water ^_^) - is it like using red bull to brew your coffee since water wasn't handy enough? 

 

I was quickly converted to the "use a scale and do a few extra steps" side of things simply because I loved how it turned out - but I'm also somewhat nuts, so

 

I'd consider a French press, but given I'm loving what I'm getting from my Clever... I'm more than happy.  I'd rather spend the cash on paints or something anyways ^_^

To each their own.

 

For every 8 oz of coffee I wish to make I use 1 scoop.  To actually make the coffee requires 9 oz of water but that was longer than I wanted to write (that will teach me! ::P:)

 

I have a decent drip machine for company but as I can only drink coffee about 4 days a month i like to savor the actual processing once the water hits the beamd

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

Works OK on dry land but not so well at sea.

Except maybe on a Cruise Ship, and I have yet to see one of the Cruise Lines commission a Submarine Cruise Liner. [random thought: Pity the guy whose job it would be to clean the outside of the portholes.]

GEM

Since there is exactly 0% chance of getting my conscious body in a tin can 600 feet under the water, my cover is safe ::D:

 

And someone tell the goblin to get him and his stank out of my nose!  I am getting really tired of the world smelling like a forgotten gym locker:wacko:.  Some sort of infection set in a few days ago and it stinks! (In the most literal sense possible)

Edited by Kangaroorex
  • Like 2
  • Haha 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...