Randomness XV: 'tis a silly place.

3 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

I wouldn't know how to kill a fly!

( said the Military man with a bunch of Martial Arts skills who's is able to turn almost every household object into a lethal weapon)

I certainly don't know how to make certain dangerous chemicals or devices which may or may not be illegal to own and/or manufacture without certain licenses...

• Like 2
  • Haha 9
  • Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wooo I finished a figure tonight! Roan Heartwood is a druid and the dog cleric's former master; he was her animal companion before she was slain by vampires. Lovely character. Everyone adored her and

Delivered by c-section (), 3:59pm May 8, 2019, 7lbs 10oz, 20 inches.    She started out purple, but quickly turned pink.

So, I woke up to terrible news.  A good friend passed away last night during emergency surgery.  I'm pretty gutted, as is everyone who knew him.  Big Tim was the heart of our race track.  He was t

Posted Images

Just now, Unruly said:

I certainly don't know how to make certain dangerous chemicals or devices which may or may not be illegal to own and/or manufacture without certain licenses...

Riiiiight.

Y'know one of the things about owning books that tell you things like 'thyme is good for loosing the gunk so it can be easily coughed out' ... those books /also/ tell you which plants, and which parts of said plants are lethally poisonous (mostly as a 'DON'T EAT THAT' PSA, but still). 

There are days I feel a little weird about that. Last time I was walking past a display of ornamental flowering plants and remembering that foxglove is one of those plants (No fooling. Will kill you dead. Or, prepared precisely correctly.. could save your life. Ain't nature fun?).

• Like 6
  • Haha 5

One FBI agent to the other...

Hey look ,a miniatures forum, should we see what those nerds are talking about?

Other FBI agent..

No, we're looking for potentially dangerous people.

Move on and search elsewhere, those artsy types couldn't harm anyone.

• Like 2
  • Haha 9

Right:

Spoiler

Another text from my son.

He had been away from his home for two days.

He had changed the locks, and now is with the police because somebody threw in his backdoor window.

Scary because he said he has been threathened, but finally he's with the Police.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 4
1 hour ago, Sylverthorne said:

Well .. I mean. Artists, writers, RPG-players, miniature painters... Don't we /all/ have some odd skill sets floating around? ^^;

I do actually know how to work clay; I have a number of hand-thrown bowls and mugs I made my own self. And nobody ever did look at me sideways just 'cause I happened to have a coil of wire in my pocket. *radiates innocence*

Having met you, I can say that innocence is the last thing you radiate :lol: Deviousness, yes. Cleverness, certainly. But nooooooot innocence!

Also, I think I found a really good t-shirt for you. It says "Mother of Chickens" in the game of thrones font. It may or may not have had a silhouette of a chicken on it, I can't recall. I was looking at so many maternity shirts that I don't remember one from another (it wasn't a maternity shirt).

Also, I left my phone at home. So I'm using the work computer to look at the forums. I dunno what I'm gonna do with the rest of my night though. Perish from boredom, no doubt.

• Like 11

I somehow strained my hand :mellow: Like, I don't need help with making my hands swell, they're doing that on their own. And because my hand hurts, I couldn't rupture the liquid pouch in the cold pack. Tried to get my (useless) security guy to rupture it for me, but he had no idea what to do. He was massaging it. <_< I ended up hurting my hand more to break it open.

Why are some people so useless -_-

• Like 8
8 hours ago, kristof65 said:

tonight has been really gloomy at our place. :down:

Wife's flight to CO is tomorrow to be with her brother, the kids and I will drive out in a few days. 

I’m so sorry for your loss. My condolences to you and your wife and family.

• Like 6
3 hours ago, Sylverthorne said:

Well .. I mean. Artists, writers, RPG-players, miniature painters... Don't we /all/ have some odd skill sets floating around? ^^;

I do actually know how to work clay; I have a number of hand-thrown bowls and mugs I made my own self. And nobody ever did look at me sideways just 'cause I happened to have a coil of wire in my pocket. *radiates innocence*

I mean, there’s old game knowledge, but it tended to be kind of handwaved. When someone played an assassin or a secret agent NPCs tended to get killed in ways a little more devious than impaling them with a sword, but none of our GMs demanded detailed explanations of how or went into great detail with their descriptions.

Then again, we never personally gamed with Kenneth Hite.

OTOH, lately I’ve been doing more writing and boy, does research for that go into some dark areas sometimes.

• Like 11

Well that didn't go down well.

Spoiler

So I still got the feeling my son is lying or at least only telling half truths.

I asked some questions and pushed some buttons.

There are too many inconsistencies in his story.

Suddenly he doesn't want to see me anymore because I don't want to help him ( according to him).

I've told him I do want to help but that I need more info.

Asked him to cool off and then we can talk.

it seems he no longer wants to.

I've been here before with him, something is off, he is doing something that he doesn't want me to know.

In the past we have had four years where we didn't talk, after he got a kid and a good girlfriend things got back to normal.

Since they broke up it's going downhill again.

So it seems we're at that same point again.

He said he will fix things on his own.

I think I will now focus on my girls to make sure our lives aren't affected too much by this.

I see him once or twice a year, and this kind of stuff is taking things too far.

He refuses to listen to advice, keeps information behind and only tells half of the story.

Some things don't add up.

I'm pretty much done with it right now.

• Sad 20
21 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

Reveal hidden contents

So I still got the feeling my son is lying or at least only telling half truths.

Suddenly he doesn't want to see me anymore because I don't want to help him ( according to him).

I've been here before with him, something is off, he is doing something that he doesn't want me to know.

In the past we have had four years where we didn't talk, after he got a kid and a good girlfriend things got back to normal.

I think I will now focus on my girls to make sure our lives aren't affected too much by this.

I see him once or twice a year, and this kind of stuff is taking things too far.

He refuses to listen to advice, keeps information behind and only tells half of the story.

Things will work out in the end, but it sounds like it will be a long haul. It is no bad thing that the police have at least been in contact with your son.

I'm utterly unqualified to give advice Glitterwolf, but look after yourself. Making yourself distressed will not help anyone.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
20 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

Hide contents

Family can be hard. I'm sorry.

Spoiler

I have some toxic people in my family. Some of them have never reformed, and I have had to cut off ties with them to protect my children.

Others I have hopes will come to their senses. But I am not putting my life or my children's lives on hold for them.

Meanwhile I am offering as much support as I can to my family members who are more directly impacted by these people.

Helping others cope seems to help me cope.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, paintybeard said:

Things will work out in the end, but it sounds like it will be a long haul. It is no bad thing that the police have at least been in contact with your son.

I'm utterly unqualified to give advice Glitterwolf, but look after yourself. Making yourself distressed will not help anyone.

1 minute ago, Pingo said:

Reveal hidden contents

I have some toxic people in my family. Some of them have never reformed, and I have had to cut off ties with them to protect my children.

Others I have hopes will come to their senses. But I am not putting my life or my children's lives on hold for them.

Meanwhile I am offering as much support as I can to my family members who are more directly impacted by these people.

Reveal hidden contents

Thank you both.

Thing is that I'm not even sure anymore if he really went to the Police or if that's a thing he tells me because I want to hear that.

It's complicated...

I'm going to take my girl out for dinner tomorrow, unwind and try to let things go for now.

So yeah Pingo, I'm going to do the same, I will keep a lifeline open for him.

if he still contacts me I will keep it all outdoors and away from my family.

Hard thing to do, but there are too many problems and half truths in this.

I wonder, he said his phone his hacked.

I have no idea what one can do with that.

My number is in there as a contact.

( Smartphone)

Do I need to get another phone then?

That would be bad, because then I can't give him my number anymore..but I don't want to get into trouble?

Any advice from people who know how that works?

( if it's true that he's hacked)

• Like 7

@Glitterwolf   2¢

Ask the police directly, yourself, if:

...they have had contact with him.

...they are hunting him.

...they would look for him (as a missing person).

Spend time with that granddaughter if possible. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
10 minutes ago, TGP said:

@Glitterwolf   2¢

Ask the police directly, yourself, if:

...they have had contact with him.

...they are hunting him.

...they would look for him (as a missing person).

Spend time with that granddaughter if possible. 

I've thought about that myself, solid thinking but:

Our privacy laws won't allow that, he's 30 yrs old and not a minor anymore.

5 minutes ago, Corsair said:

It is difficult to hack into a smartphone from another location without the password. It takes specific software to do that. Changing the current pass word on your phone is probably a good idea.

They are supposed to have hacked my son's phone.

All they would see is my number.

Nothing more.

I'm concerned about apps ( which have their own passwords) are those safe enough for stuff like this?

I might be overreacting, I'm still not sure if all is true..

• Like 6