Randomness XV: 'tis a silly place.

22 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

I wonder, he said his phone his hacked.

I have no idea what one can do with that.

My number is in there as a contact.

( Smartphone)

Do I need to get another phone then?

That would be bad, because then I can't give him my number anymore..but I don't want to get into trouble?

Any advice from people who know how that works?

( if it's true that he's hacked)

You can't hack a phone with just the phone number. The worst they can do is call you. To hack your phone they'd need direct access to the device, either through bluetooth/wifi (difficult, needs specialized softerware, as corsair said) or manually with your login credentials (how most phones are hacked).

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wooo I finished a figure tonight! Roan Heartwood is a druid and the dog cleric's former master; he was her animal companion before she was slain by vampires. Lovely character. Everyone adored her and

Delivered by c-section (), 3:59pm May 8, 2019, 7lbs 10oz, 20 inches.    She started out purple, but quickly turned pink.

So, I woke up to terrible news.  A good friend passed away last night during emergency surgery.  I'm pretty gutted, as is everyone who knew him.  Big Tim was the heart of our race track.  He was t

Posted Images

1 minute ago, redambrosia said:

You can't hack a phone with just the phone number. The worst they can do is call you. To hack your phone they'd need direct access to the device, either through bluetooth/wifi (difficult, needs specialized softerware, as corsair said) or manually with your login credentials (how most phones are hacked).

Thanks.

I live on the other side of the country.

I never use bluetooth and seldom WIFI.

Any private number that calls me, I don't pick up.

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 8
Just now, Glitterwolf said:

Thanks.

I live on the other side of the country.

I never use bluetooth and seldom WIFI.

Your phone will be fine. If someone has stolen his login credentials (which is probably what he means; I know my husband's login for his phone and he knows mine, if we suddenly decided to hate each other it would be easy to hack each other's phones (I also know all his passwords :lol: :devil: )), then he should not only cancel that phone plan, but scrub any financial data he has (change bank passwords, cancel credit cards, etc). 

Storing all this crap on our phones makes it a major headache if they get stolen or compromised. But not storing it is also a major headache!

Time to go live in the woods with the wolves!

• Like 10
5 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Having caught up with the forum since I didn't read it last night...I've come to a conclusion.

You're all secretly a murderous bunch!!!

Ir's taken you this long to come to that realization?

The place is wall-to-wall with Grognards, many with Military Backgrounds, devious minded DM/GMs, even more devious minded RPG Players, writers and artists with an interest in things that tend towards sharp-pointy-objects and the efficient employment thereof plus mayhem in all of its chaotic forms both group and individual.

Place is armed to the teeth and above.

'Tis true that an armed society is a polite society.

GEM

Who doesn't clank when he walks, unless of course he wants to

Twinkle Twinkle

Edited by Green Eyed Monster
typo monster struck again
  • Like 1
  • Haha 7

Having caught up with the forum since I didn't read it last night...I've come to a conclusion.

You're all secretly a murderous bunch!!!

No idea what you're talking about, I didn't play a bunch of Hitman over the years.  Fun game that series is... 

I wouldn't know how to kill a fly!

( said the Military man with a bunch of Martial Arts skills who's is able to turn almost every household object into a lethal weapon)

I'd love to see that statement qualified... I can turn anything into a lethal object, including this spatula, and even that flexible baking sheet! 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, redambrosia said:

I somehow strained my hand :mellow: Like, I don't need help with making my hands swell, they're doing that on their own. And because my hand hurts, I couldn't rupture the liquid pouch in the cold pack. Tried to get my (useless) security guy to rupture it for me, but he had no idea what to do. He was massaging it. <_< I ended up hurting my hand more to break it open.

Why are some people so useless -_-

Because, Come The Revolution, we will need those useless persons to put in the first wave of assault peasants so that the enemies defenses are properly softened up before the real attack.

GEM

• Like 1
  • Haha 7
11 minutes ago, Corsair said:

Smart phone apps should have their own security system, I would not be concerned unless you have a credit card linked to them. If so, that might be prudent to watch them closely.

I do have internet banking on this with an official app from my bank.

But that all his own password again.

2 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

No idea what you're talking about, I didn't play a bunch of Hitman over the years.  Fun game that series is... 

I'd love to see that statement qualified... I can turn anything into a lethal object, including this spatula, and even that flexible baking sheet! 

Spatula fits right into an eye, flexible baking sheet stuffed in your mouth is also pretty bad.

*** Whoops, did I just become a murderous wolf?***

• Like 5
  • Haha 4
6 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Ok,

In that case I reluctantly proclaim House Procastrius WINNER!

Most of them waited to join for so long that they don't need to anymore.

This must have been a brilliant strategy on their part.

Congrats to the WINNERS!

*** Slow Clap***

*peeks out from under his rock*  I knew my plan would work eventually.

• Haha 8
12 hours ago, eldamir said:

Another downside to getting old and having loads of relatively specialized IT experience - I had to turn down what could have been an great opportunity with a terrific company because they can't meet my salary requirements for the position - even with them coming looking for me.

It was years ago so I may be wrong on details but I once met a guy that said he had to quit working in his chosen career because of this. He had so much seniority that nobody was able to hire him at his required salary. If I understood correctly he couldn't even take a job under his rating if he wanted. I thought that was a very stupid setup. I like the idea of getting paid what you're worth. Not so sure about never getting a job because you have to be paid that. Less money is better than no money.

11 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

I think that makes the untargetable House Polychromus the last one standing. :poke:

It's time for you to make you move. The other houses are weak and confused. You can rule them all! Or just repaint all their stuff while they aren't looking.

6 hours ago, Sylverthorne said:

Well .. I mean. Artists, writers, RPG-players, miniature painters... Don't we /all/ have some odd skill sets floating around? ^^;

I do actually know how to work clay; I have a number of hand-thrown bowls and mugs I made my own self. And nobody ever did look at me sideways just 'cause I happened to have a coil of wire in my pocket. *radiates innocence*

I did a hand thrown bowl a week ago. Wife wasn't impressed when it shattered on impact. Thinking maybe our techniques are different.

-31 C. No school. Don't want to try and work until it warms up some. Undecided as to whether I want to play on the computer while nobody's pestering or go back to bed. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 4
40 minutes ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

I am surprised at how interesting a lecture on criminal prosecution of tax fraud is. This is almost worth needing to be at work 2 hours early. 

Right??

One of the reasons I loved getting my masters degree, just fascinating stuff...

2 minutes ago, Morihalda said:

-Requests desktop site-

Oh! It's true! We all look like angels again!

Well. We looked like angels until they heard a bunch of us talk... :lol:

Angels that fall are still angels. 

COFFEE!!

• Like 7
  • Haha 3