Randomness XV: 'tis a silly place.

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wooo I finished a figure tonight! Roan Heartwood is a druid and the dog cleric's former master; he was her animal companion before she was slain by vampires. Lovely character. Everyone adored her and

Delivered by c-section (), 3:59pm May 8, 2019, 7lbs 10oz, 20 inches.    She started out purple, but quickly turned pink.

So, I woke up to terrible news.  A good friend passed away last night during emergency surgery.  I'm pretty gutted, as is everyone who knew him.  Big Tim was the heart of our race track.  He was t

Posted Images

Image may contain: text 

Someone in a Facebook group I'm in is looking for an ID on this- anyone up to the challenge? Apparently it was donated to a charity shop without the top part of the packaging XD

Never mind! His identity has been revealed!

Edited by MiniDungeonMaster
  • Like 8
1 minute ago, Morihalda said:

Someone put some dirty rubber stoppers and two big rocks in the planter my husband made for me. :S

I took them out and the plants looked okay - like the rocks were set on, not thrown. But I was very confused.

Be on the lookout for a green eyed monster with pink toenails and their accomplish a stinky goblin....

• Like 4
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1
14 hours ago, Pingo said:

Surely that’s what garrotes are for.

That reminds me of what my Great-Grandfather used to say about ribbon.

'A bit of ribbon is a uniform you can keep in your pocket, and leave in the street when the deed is done'. In an Ulster accent.

The Auld Grump

• Like 8
  • Confused 1
3 hours ago, redambrosia said:

I somehow strained my hand :mellow: Like, I don't need help with making my hands swell, they're doing that on their own. And because my hand hurts, I couldn't rupture the liquid pouch in the cold pack.

It’s been a while, but I seem to recall learning that as one’s pregnancy progresses, one’s joints sort of ... soften up and loosen a bit, to allow for, er, pelvic bone movement if necessary during birthing, our pelvises otherwise being barely large enough to accommodate a full term baby.

As a result, strains, especially in areas full of complex bones and sinews like hands and feet, can become more common.

• Like 6
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3
6 hours ago, Unruly said:

I certainly don't know how to make certain dangerous chemicals or devices which may or may not be illegal to own and/or manufacture without certain licenses...

I may or may not know how to distill toxins from purchases made in the produce section of the supermarket.

Not that it will matter too much - Death Cap Mushrooms are spreading across North America.

I saw some in Maine about twenty years ago - so not a huge surprise to me. (My favorite poison mushroom is the common Ink Cap - completely harmless, unless you have alcohol with it. Then both the mushrooms and everything else you have eaten is ejected with great speed. ::P: Death from Ink Cap mushrooms number in the low zeroes. They taste good - and look nothing like any really toxic mushrooms, making them one of the safest choices for harvesting wild mushrooms. Just don't have a beer after eating them.)

The Auld Grump

• Like 8
55 minutes ago, Corsair said:

The Bible says man was created a little lower than angels...

in my case, this probably causes some serious concern among the Angelic...

Know Ye Not That We Shall Judge Angels?

-I Corinthians 6:3

That verse is inscribed over a door in one of the scenarios for my yet-to-be-started superheroes game. And the building belongs to a little group called The Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith....

Yes, gamers do tend to gather odd little skills... and once upon a time, I used to teach bible studies at a juvenile detainment facility. (With odd skills comes odd work histories.)

The Auld Grump - I was assisting a Methodist minister at the time.

• Like 10
25 minutes ago, Morihalda said:

Oh man, it's so nice to just be here and catch up. I've missed this!

Guess I'll just have to schedule it as part of my day. :D 

Just put it on your calendar as "executive time" :lol:

Game last night was fun. I'm not sure the rest of the party gets the whole "Gothic horror" vibe. I'm debating emailing them all about it... It'll make for a smoother game.

Also need to email my DM about her being too heavy handed with her hints and telegraphing what's coming. Especially as she expressed upset that we were meta gaming to much last week. <_<

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1