Sign in to follow this  
Froggy the Great

Randomness XV: 'tis a silly place.

4 hours ago, Arc 724 said:

GOOD DEAL! How often should I season them? The ones I just ordered have cast iron handles too.

If you take care of them well, you should only need to season the once. But stuff happens. If you end up having to wash it with soap, season it.

2 hours ago, Lord of the Dish Pit said:

Congratulations. Have you thought about beating them with a cast iron skillet? 

All the time <_< especially the drunk ones. But for some reason they frown on me giving the guest's brain damage. Even though it can't possibly be worse than the brain damage they're giving themselves. 

Not my cast iron pan though. That one used to belong to my great grandma. I wouldn't want to sully it with the brains of the unworthy. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, haldir said:

It might be childhood, but good riddance. Those things were absolutely nasty!

Speaking as a builder of gingerbread houses - NECCO wafers are awesome.

November, 2019 is the return of the best shingles and paving stones ever made from sugar!

Squirrel Nut Zippers are a delight.

The Auld Grump

• Like 9

Hard to tell how much snow we got last night.  I think it was around 6-7 inches, but the wind has been so ferocious that we can see the grass or pavement in some areas, and have 3 foot drifts in others. Just helped the mom who is covering my cookie duties load the troops cookies into her vehicle, and the wind was actually pushing full cases of Thin Mints across our icy driveway.  Only a few inches, but it was still wild to see. 

• Like 6

Okay, paper for class that I was planning on doing Sunday is done and submitted. Posts to the discussion board made, and group project assignments handed out. Now... HOBBY TIME!

I think I'm gonna make some more cultists, some gnolls, and some goblins. 

• Like 11

Cornbread... You know, I've never made cornbread before. TIME TO TRY SOMETHING NEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 11

Work so can't be done soon enough today, I have an insane itch... Errr urge, to paint... 

And I made sure to thoroughly kill those hiccups I had last night, including three different murder with spoon methods just to be safe.   Provided they don't have some in unknown brother to worry about, I suspect painting will happen. 

Now it's just a question of gnolls/kitsune or Skaven...  So basically murderous spotted mohawk welders, or murderous rat fings.... 

.. Or stsrt painting a CAV.  Too many options.  Doubly so the big one that totally wouldn't fit on my desk, but is still tempting anyways. 

• Like 7

I'm up! I'm up! You can go away now!

I don't want to be up. But this thing called "work" makes me have to be up because it gives me this other thing called "money" that I need to survive. It's going to be miserable at work tonight, too. Rain all night that turns to snow for the last few hours of my shift, and despite the temperature not going before about 35F, there's a 10-15 degree wind chill because of some decently strong winds. It's going to suck.

• Like 4
  • Sad 7

10 minutes ago, Unruly said:

But this thing called "work" makes me have to be up because it gives me this other thing called "money" that I need to survive.

It boggles my mind sometimes that because of direct deposit and credit cards, I get paid in some configuration of electrons out ... somewhere... and then give those same electrons to places that then hand me food.

Nobody kick that electric cord please! Pretty sure some of the electrons will spill out and I don’t know how to get them back in.

• Like 12

31 minutes ago, Pegazus said:

It boggles my mind sometimes that because of direct deposit and credit cards, I get paid in some configuration of electrons out ... somewhere... and then give those same electrons to places that then hand me food.

Nobody kick that electric cord please! Pretty sure some of the electrons will spill out and I don’t know how to get them back in.

Perhaps tweezers?

If society ever gets serious about those threats of "cashless" I keep hearing about, I vote we go back to using goats as currency. Good for mowing lawns, meat, cheese, space heater replacement, and if you train em right they're somewhat stackable. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 7

28 minutes ago, Lord of the Dish Pit said:

Perhaps tweezers?

If society ever gets serious about those threats of "cashless" I keep hearing about, I vote we go back to using goats as currency. Good for mowing lawns, meat, cheese, space heater replacement, and if you train em right they're somewhat stackable. 

Eh, you say that, but you probably haven't ever been headbutted in the chest by one that just peed on its own head...

Edited by Unruly
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 2

31 minutes ago, Unruly said:

Eh, you say that, but you probably haven't ever been headbutted in the chest by one that just peed on its own head...

No can't say that I have. I'll grant there'll be a few downsides to it, but look at it this way goats are impossible to counterfeit....and if the lack of housebroken behavior does become too much to deal with we can always switch over to using Capricorns instead. (1 Capricorn=1 1/2 goats perhaps) 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Work so can't be done soon enough today, I have an insane itch... Errr urge, to paint... 

And I made sure to thoroughly kill those hiccups I had last night, including three different murder with spoon methods just to be safe.   Provided they don't have some in unknown brother to worry about, I suspect painting will happen. 

Now it's just a question of gnolls/kitsune or Skaven...  So basically murderous spotted mohawk welders, or murderous rat fings.... 

.. Or stsrt painting a CAV.  Too many options.  Doubly so the big one that totally wouldn't fit on my desk, but is still tempting anyways. 

What question? Paint CAVs!

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

I took today off because I saved up all this leave for winter snowstorms dammit, an ice storm is close enough.

Did some hobbying. Took a mini from bare to primed to finished in about 2 hours. Pics later. 

• Like 17