Sign in to follow this  
Froggy the Great

Randomness XV: 'tis a silly place.

14 hours ago, redambrosia said:

I made it through the night without stabbing anyone with a spoon.

There is a reason Sporks were invented. 

:ph34r:

Few know their true purpose. 

14 hours ago, Pegazus said:

Once again, UPS has notified my wife she has a gift coming, this time for Valentines. And they told her what company it was coming from. I’m going to have to use her 1950’s style formal married name next time so they don’t friggin’ tell her and ruin the surprise!

UPS did me a solid today. I bought a cable (from Amazon). Cable didn’t transmit a signal (to the spare Monitor). Returning it was sooooooo simple:

Walk in, hand over package, show phone, phone scanned, a printer generated a sticker, sticker was slapped on box. 

Done. Walk out. 

14 hours ago, NomadZeke said:

Coffee machines now completely absent at work. I hope they're working on replacing them. It's socially acceptable to just bring the whole pot from home and drink straight out of it, right?

This is work; not a social club. Do what you must; so say I. 

11 hours ago, Corsair said:

Cornbread in a cast iron skillet is the only way to go! Just remember, sugar goes in the iced tea, NOT the cornbread!

Someone should inform chain, Boston Market™️ of this fact. Their cornbread should be considered a dessert cake. 

• Like 7

25 minutes ago, TGP said:

Someone should inform chain, Boston Market™️ of this fact. Their cornbread should be considered a dessert cake. 

I've accidentally made super sweet cornbread without sugar before. I don't really know how, but I'm guessing that the corn for the cornmeal was just super sweet, and then all the butter accentuated it. Because you can't have cornbread without enough butter to make both Julia Child and Paula Deen happy.

• Like 10
  • Haha 4

6 hours ago, SparrowMarie said:

As of a couple hours ago he's gone... 

I've spent the last couple of hours just sort of...being. Husband may not come home tonight, not sure yet. Have a horrendous headache on top of all of that. This is day 5 of headaches. It was gone briefly this morning and then came back after I stopped crying. Nothing is making it budge though. Really don't want to have to take a migraine pill if I don't have to.

My sympathies!

Hang in there!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Cyradis said:

That sounds like good corn bread. 

It was. But I haven't been able to replicate it. And I haven't made cornbread from scratch in a long time, so I don't even know if I could remember what recipe or what brand of cornmeal I used. Any more I just use Jiffy cornbread mix because it's easy and good enough.

• Like 6

Blegh.

Do I just... Get back out of bed (again) and keep painting? Clean some stuff? Go be useful?

-flops around in the pile of blankets-

• Like 9

33 minutes ago, Morihalda said:

Blegh.

Do I just... Get back out of bed (again) and keep painting? Clean some stuff? Go be useful?

-flops around in the pile of blankets-

Make yourself a nice cup of hot chocolate and start painting!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

10 hours ago, Lord of the Dish Pit said:

Perhaps tweezers?

If society ever gets serious about those threats of "cashless" I keep hearing about, I vote we go back to using goats as currency. Good for mowing lawns, meat, cheese, space heater replacement, and if you train em right they're somewhat stackable. 

I will pass on the goats, unless they're Pygmy. The last full sized goat I met that wasn't behind a fence tried to eat my hair. He was really aggressive about it too, could not even be deterred with my mom's cane bopping him on the head. Adorable little jerk! 

Tonight is much better. My predictions about the power company coming back tonight were correct, but this time they set it up all proper with sales, so I didn't have to scramble getting it ready. 

@SparrowMarie :hugs:

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Just now, redambrosia said:

I will pass on the goats, unless they're Pygmy. The last full sized goat I met that wasn't behind a fence tried to eat my hair. He was really aggressive about it too, could not even be deterred with my mom's cane bopping him on the head. Adorable little jerk! 

Tonight is much better. My predictions about the power company coming back tonight were correct, but this time they set it up all proper with sales, so I didn't have to scramble getting it ready. 

@SparrowMarie :hugs:

Clearly, chickens are superior currency. They're smaller, less inclined to rudeness, and many breeds are really very sweet, in addition to being good egg-layers.

Roosters can be educated not to be flying feathered elfpoop with spurs, too (I'm still trying to figure out the house-chicken phenomenon, but people /do/ keep them as pets). 

• Like 13

47 minutes ago, Sylverthorne said:

Clearly, chickens are superior currency. They're smaller, less inclined to rudeness, and many breeds are really very sweet, in addition to being good egg-layers.

Roosters can be educated not to be flying feathered elfpoop with spurs, too (I'm still trying to figure out the house-chicken phenomenon, but people /do/ keep them as pets). 

I have been known to let many chickens into my home.

I gave them good care and kept them warm.

Hot even maybe...

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor gebraden kip

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 2
  • Haha 16

any of you ever saw the TV show Hoarders with Hanna and her goats, I was in that house twice doing investigations. Goats and dead chickens all over. My poor wife went into full body quivers while we were watching the show...

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 8

Stopped at my mom's house on my way home from work to drop off a copy of turbotax for her to use. Which turned out to be a mistake. I got roped into setting up a new printer and troubleshooting her xbox one. What should have been 5 minutes turned into an hour and a half. So I was late getting home, got caught in the morning traffic a little bit, and am now going to be eating dinner right before bed. And I don't have time to do some of the chores I wanted to do.

And to make it worse, something has been irritating the skin of my nether regions all night long. It's infuriating and I don't know what it is. I haven't changed soaps, laundry detergents, fabric softeners, or anything like that. So I'm just all itchy in a very tender area...

• Confused 2
  • Sad 10