Sign in to follow this  
Froggy the Great

Randomness XV: 'tis a silly place.

The Wolf is correct...

3 hours ago, Morihalda said:

Blegh.

Do I just... Get back out of bed (again) and keep painting? Clean some stuff? Go be useful?

-flops around in the pile of blankets-

...chocolate prescription confirmed. Generic or Brand Name, any formulation: liquid, candy, dark or milk. Dosage: as required. Refills: unlimited. 

• Like 9
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, NomadZeke said:

Here's the recipe I was referring to.

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/pineapple-upside-down-cornmeal-cake-recipe-1943309

FYI the perfect day to make it is april 20th, coincidentally, national pineapple upside down cake day.

Wait... 4/20 is national pineapple upside down cake day? <_<

8 hours ago, Unruly said:

I've accidentally made super sweet cornbread without sugar before. I don't really know how, but I'm guessing that the corn for the cornmeal was just super sweet, and then all the butter accentuated it. Because you can't have cornbread without enough butter to make both Julia Child and Paula Deen happy.

Oh yeah, right there with you on the butter! 

2 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

Why hasn't someone invented a time machine yet? It really needs to be Friday.

Seriously... Yes.

This calls for COFFEE!!

• Like 10

Supper in Crock-Pot, 1st load of laundry in washer, coffee made, new speaker paired to phone and jamming, newest addition to the zoo made it through the the night and seems pretty content. So far a good day. I hope everyone is having a great day it at least a non crappy day. To those struggling, I feel your pain, or at least some of it. I wish good vibe to you. 

• Like 13

Completely off topic... my boss just told me he's sending me to our state's wildlife diversity conference next month. I've been wanting to attend for years but could never get approval to go without having to use leave. There's a whole host of experts in the field giving presentations on a variety of topics. But the ones I'm most excited about concern restoring habitat in the Western Basin of Lake Erie, reintroducing lake sturgeon to a scenic river, and (SO EXCITING) spider behavior!!!

So, so happy. 

That's it, carry on. ::D:

• Like 22

4 minutes ago, Thoramel said:

Completely off topic... my boss just told me he's sending me to our state's wildlife diversity conference next month. I've been wanting to attend for years but could never get approval to go without having to use leave. There's a whole host of experts in the field giving presentations on a variety of topics. But the ones I'm most excited about concern restoring habitat in the Western Basin of Lake Erie, reintroducing lake sturgeon to a scenic river, and (SO EXCITING) spider behavior!!!

So, so happy. 

That's it, carry on. ::D:

Congrats!!!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, SparrowMarie said:

As of a couple hours ago he's gone... 

I've spent the last couple of hours just sort of...being. Husband may not come home tonight, not sure yet. Have a horrendous headache on top of all of that. This is day 5 of headaches. It was gone briefly this morning and then came back after I stopped crying. Nothing is making it budge though. Really don't want to have to take a migraine pill if I don't have to.

My condolences for both of you.

The Auld Grump

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

The disadvantage to yesterday's day off? Today becomes Monday 2.0...

Thankfully there's D&D tonight!

• Like 5
  • Haha 6

On 2/10/2019 at 4:10 PM, buglips*the*goblin said:

I'm not dealing with the store.  See, that's what I thought - that when I bought it they would deliver it from the closest location if stock was present since the store does deliveries.  Stock is present.  So I figured 3-5 days or something.  Instead it appears to be crossing the country by dogsled.  I'm annoyed by this, but since I didn't need the TV urgently, it was already paid for, and I needed it delivered then I figured fine, wait it out.  I would be unlikely to use them again, but so long as the item had no issues or damage, okay.  But if they ask for my opinion, well, I figure in that case they should have it.  And if they don't like it, perhaps they shouldn't have asked.  

You mightb have run into what happened to me at Christmas.  I went to Wally World to buy a mini fridge for Middle Daughter.  Found the one I wanted but there was no price.  Looked it up on the walmart website.  Was on sale.  Went to buy it and it was more at the register.  Turns oit that walmart has third party sellers that list on their website (just like Amazon).  So simce this was a third party seller they wouldn't price match the listing in store and I had to wait 2 weeks for delivery or pay an extra 60 bucks to buy it in store.  Perhaps the tv you boight is from a third party seller?  Or Best Buy just sucks.

• Like 7
  • Confused 1

It was a good game last night - and I discovered that I have an Unseelie counterpart.

What's going on in the Cronewood is a game between two courts of the fey.

Using mortal pawns, or, in the case of both my character and his counterpart, knights....

And most of the local fey do not belong to either of the two courts - they are the prize, not the pieces on the board.

The Auld Grump - the counterpart showed up to trash talk and monologue, under flag of truce. I replied in kind - the result was deep and moving....  :lol:(I am not at all sure that my counterpart is evil - just on the other side.)

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

my downstairs neighbor's dog tries to sing like a bird. it's pretty funny sounding.

So, it's a bird dog then?

• Haha 13

Spaced this off again: Monday night wrap up

5 players, but we had 2 new ones (elf monk, dwarf cleric). Party explored the ruins of Thundertree a bit more. Combat sessions were kinda long but they finished off a couple of giant spiders that we ended up stopping due to time ran out last Monday (I hate ending it that way, but it is what it is). I just restarted due to the new players & a regular were at the table when we started. It helped that one rolled a 1 & smacked itself into stunning itself. I'm using a crit/miss ruleset from dmsguild. During the spider combat, 2 regulars showed up as well. After the spiders, they explored a ruined workshop that was infested with twig blights. I used Reaper's 03865: Briarlings for the minis (perfect stand-ins!!). The party fought just 3 of them to start. Oddly the party didn't get surprised despite standing right next to them in the house.(the whole blights looking like regular dead bushes). The next wave was 3 more. It wasn't until the 3rd wave where 6 emerged from the huge thicket that was all over the ruin. Up to this point, they had used up most of their abilities & they started to retreat,  all but the half-elf fighter. She only moved about half-way out & ended up being surrounded by the blights. Her high AC (18) definitely saved her in this combat as out of 5 blights, only 1 managed to hit her. It was also at this time a druid with wild, white hair & a crazy eye appeared & managed to take out the blights with a well placed thunderwave spell. This was the druid that the party had come to find in the ruins.

He welcomed him into his hideout for the night & they got the location of Cragmaw Castle (place where their dwarf friend was being held captive) & also confirmed that yes, a green dragon has taken up residence in the tower on the hill. It wasn't until the middle watch that night, the elf druid seen the green dragon swoop in & return to it's home. Player got a kick out of that one as he is a dragon-fanatic anyways. We ended it there for the night with the party discussing their next move. Obviously, they don't want the dragon around, but they also realize they may not be up for the challenge of young green dragon. Also there are cultists of the Way of the Dragon in the area as well.  They also need to explore the NW & NE corners of the town, if they choose to do that. It'll be interesting to see what their next move will be.

Also while at LVO, the other 5e DM had to drop out of his night due to a change in his work schedule that prevents him for DMing now. I told my FLGS owner that I may work a second game a week. Thou, a couple other people offered to do the same, so we shall see.

• Like 6

21 hours ago, haldir said:

The breakroom is lucky to even have space in there as people have a tendacy to throw whatever they feel like in there. (u-boats with junk on them...

.....wait, WHAT.

• Like 4