Sign in to follow this  
Froggy the Great

Randomness XV: 'tis a silly place.

11 minutes ago, Crowley said:

My bride feels the same way about soup/stew.

SAO?

I second the question. 

And, I wish to join the League of Stew Aficionados (or whatever acronym is later chosen). 

Recently, I took one can of Campbell’s® Chunky Chicken Noodle Soup and since it is headed the right direction but is not as chunky as it ought be, I pulled a can of Progresso® CNS off the shelf, drained off the chicken broth (liquid) and added all the nice solids and spare noodles to the original can of soup.  The result reached an acceptable density. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Crowley said:

SAO?

1 hour ago, TGP said:

I second the question. 

Sword Art Online that the others were discussing. I knew nothing about it when I started watching. Was just on an anime binge last winter. The second series even kicked me in the feelies. 

2 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

There is a company on DTRPG that does alternate HeroQuest maps. ::):  (Heroic Maps.)

And my brilliant plan to make her some mole was delayed for a day - she wants me to make a lot of mole, and have it as a meal for her Eberron game tonight instead. So, I made garlic chicken breast instead. (The mole is now in the slow cookers - two of them. We want leftovers. ::): )

I'll have to check out the maps. I did find a place to download the rare expansions that I hadn't heard about until my kid's obsession. We have the 2-3 that were available everywhere.

How big are moles in Maine if 2 will give you leftovers? The ones around here are only a few inches long and not much meat. 

image.jpeg.c8ff853b083c1a842cb3444f7854d367.jpeg

Seriously curious what the recipe is as I've never heard of it before.

• Like 5
  • Haha 14

20 minutes ago, Zink said:

Sword Art Online that the others were discussing. I knew nothing about it when I started watching. Was just on an anime binge last winter. The second series even kicked me in the feelies. 

I'll have to check out the maps. I did find a place to download the rare expansions that I hadn't heard about until my kid's obsession. We have the 2-3 that were available everywhere.

How big are moles in Maine if 2 will give you leftovers? The ones around here are only a few inches long and not much meat. 

mole is a sauce. spelled the same, said different

• Like 7

20 minutes ago, Zink said:

mole (usually with an accent on the 'e' but I cant get my keyboard to cough up the accent mark) is a spicy, savory, chocolate sauce for chicken.  Its a Mexican heritage dish and is absolutely scrumptious when done well.  Just don't use sugar in the dish or the flavor is very offputting. (no one wants chicken truffles) 

• Like 11

Got you. Rhymes with "Ole!" The wife loves her dark chocolate so it may be something I need to try out. With chicken instead of moles. I know my yankee ancestors ate squirrels but I don't feel like skinning enough little rodents to feed 6 people.

• Like 8

5 hours ago, Zink said:

Watched SAO a year ago and really liked it. No idea about what version it was.

More or less spoiler free version:

Is it a VR fantasy game, with swords and oh noes, we're trapped in it?  That's season 1, aka Aincrad.

Is it fairies flying about, with an interesting magic system involved and Kirito being a clueless idiot on a regular basis?  That's season 2, aka Alfheim Online.

Does it involve guns?  That's season 3, aka Gun Grave Online, or GGO. 

Was it a movie?  That's Ordinal Scale. 

Does it involve a short lil brat (who's awesome) wearing all pink?  That's SAO Alternate: GGO. 

3 hours ago, Crowley said:

My bride feels the same way about soup/stew.

SAO?

So glad it's Friday, and a long weekend coming up! Gonna finish my class, get in some solid hobby time, and probably binge watch a bunch of Punisher season 2.

Sword Art Online.  Depending on who you ask, it's either the new "better than sliced bread" popular anime, it's "what VR should be like" or its an OK anime that's entertaining to watch. 

I'm... I enjoyed it, but I sure enjoyed SAO Abridged a LOT more, but abridged series usually wind up being that way (better, and funnier) 

1 hour ago, Kangaroorex said:

mole (usually with an accent on the 'e' but I cant get my keyboard to cough up the accent mark) is a spicy, savory, chocolate sauce for chicken.  Its a Mexican heritage dish and is absolutely scrumptious when done well.  Just don't use sugar in the dish or the flavor is very offputting. (no one wants chicken truffles) 

It's ALT+0233 to get that on a regular keyboard.  Hold the ALT, then enter the four numbers on the number pad, then let go. 

On a French Canadian keyboard, it's somewhere near the bottom right as a dedicated key. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

mole is a sauce. spelled the same, said different

1 hour ago, Kangaroorex said:

Maybe they're molé people? :rock:

To be helpful, if you use Alt+0233, it will give you the é.

• Like 5

Someone in the dealers’ room is selling a bunch of vintage RAFM catapults, several different models, lead, unassembled, still in the (rather battered) packages.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Pingo said:

Someone in the dealers’ room is selling a bunch of vintage RAFM catapults, several different models, lead, unassembled, still in the (rather battered) packages.

Why are you on the line with us and not buying them?

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

Waiting for the Bones 4 update, going cross-eyed looking at spreadsheets... Almost the end of the day...

Only 20 minutes to go...

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Zink said:

Their oldest maps, and some of their newest, are  designed to be plopped right over the existing map. Some are half the size of the HeroQuest board, and the newer ones are the same size as the HeroQuest board.Look for 'HeroicQuest' . ::P:

They even have a free sample - Torchlit Dungeon 1 (Torchlit Dungeon 2 is about $3.)

Torchlit_1-300x151.jpg

The newer maps are very, very nice.

2020preview-4.jpg

Now dip it in chili peppers and unsweetened chocolate!

In this case it is a beef mole - two pots not just for volume, but because folks have different tolerances for hot peppers. Cubed beef, chilies, cumin, cinnamon, tomatoes, cloves, onions, and cocoa. Not things you think of as going with beef, but oh, my fuzzy ears and whiskers! It is good!

Mine is too screamingly hot for some people, so I also put on a milder version - Megan tends to mix the two. ::): (She is saner than I am, but still crazy. :wub:)

The Auld Grump

Edited by TheAuldGrump
  • Like 10

6 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

Megan had a kind of phobia about casseroles. Among other things she had a high priestess that warned against 'getting married, and slaving away making casseroles for your man'.

I mean, it's not like casseroles are difficult :rolleyes: if I had a crock pot I imagine they'd be even easier.

I had this weird dream where Dwayne (the rock) Johnson was a wizard and he was fighting the forces of evil, which was lead by Cate Blanchett as a necromancer. There was a pretty rad castle in it too. Kept getting bigger. Or it was just bigger on the inside.

I guess I woke up before I met the time lord.

• Like 13