Randomness XV: 'tis a silly place.

CanadaPost is silly...  Two packages ship the same day from the same address... With the same delivery method.  One got here last week, the other is.... Hopefully in town tomorrow, as it hasn't seen a scan for a few days, and that's as the "it's in Ontario" scan. 

That particular order doesn't really have anything critical in it...  Well, if you ignore my desire to outright thief hubby's Knarthax growing stronger every day...  And to let him just have the one that's eventually to arrive.. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 2
  • Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, SparrowMarie said:

Can anyone recommend a good chair for painting that can also work as an office/gaming chair?

The chair that was in my hotel room at LVO was a nice chair. It was a business chair but it was comfortable & had a nice feel to it. 

Search on Staples website for pics bit it was similar to this one:

Staples Bentura Bonded Leather Managers Chair, Black

Item: 24328572 Model: 53234

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Well - We Did It!

Not what we had planned but the direction we were gently prodded towards.

We opened escrow on a parcel of Vacant Land today.

Our plan has been to find an alredy developed parcel of land with an old and creepy mobile home on it and scrape the property down to the utility connections then install a brand new Modular/factory built home.

Just have not been able to find a suitable parcel ready to be scraped, so we will be doing all of the development work.

In other happy news, I checked out the Game Store that I spotted.  The Hydra's Lair, in Carson City, Nv..  Nice Place, good vibe, and they carry a nice selection of Bones as their main line of miniatures.

House Rules posted on the door into the business look a lot like the rules for the Reaper Forums, with the addition of requirements for personal hygiene that would be irrelevant for the internet, but allow the management to maintain a wholesome and family friendly environment.  They have a very busy calendar for in store games and tournaments.  I don't know how I'm going to be able to handle having a game store ess than an hour from my residence.

Plus having the Carson City branch of the Nevada State Railroad Museum about 5 minutes farther down the road [which has regular steam locomotive operations all summer long].

GEM

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1
8 hours ago, Argentee said:
9 hours ago, Zink said:

Well sadly it does seem to be human nature to go ahead with plans with no consideration of consequences. Yep, let's get rid of disposable syringes, plasma bags, the millions of other things a hospital uses on a daily basis to save on pollution. It's a great idea. Until you realize there's no way to do those millions of daily things without them. Do you want to be sterilizing and reusing all those items? What's that going to cost and what are the risks?

I'm pretty pessimistic when it comes to having reasonable discussions with people and applying logic to those discussions. Sad that it blew up in your face. I grew up with parents and a few other people that felt it was ok to question and disagree as long as you maintained some sort of manners. Too many people don't have that.

Exactly. I’m not saying there is no way to reuse, or recycle, or replace with biodegradable plastics... I’m saying get the evidence before you pass the laws

Who is trying to ban plastic straws and what not?

A fast food place I stop at recently changed its straws. They used to be Orange plastic wrapped in paper tubes. They changed the wrapper to clear plastic, this made it harder to get the straw out, but the same old plastic straw was inside.

:huh:

At least it looks the same. 

• Like 7

38 minutes ago, TGP said:

Who is trying to ban plastic straws and what not?

A fast food place I stop at recently changed its straws. They used to be Orange plastic wrapped in paper tubes. They changed the wrapper to clear plastic, this made it harder to get the straw out, but the same old plastic straw was inside.

:huh:

At least it looks the same. 

I'm not exactly sure who is behind it but there is a push to ban plastic straws in Canada. I'm in favour of less pollution and switching to renewable options but I have some issues with the ways some people want to implement it. 

• Like 7
4 hours ago, SparrowMarie said:

Can anyone recommend a good chair for painting that can also work as an office/gaming chair?

We've had good luck with the Merax gaming chairs, those start at $100 or so. I think mine was $150? I've had mine for over 2 years and it's helped my back a lot - I have to sit up straight and it supports me. The only sign of wear has been on the armrest; my cuddly cat thinks she's a parrot (I've been calling her a purret) and hops up on it multiple times a day.

Not gonna lie, I was initially swayed from other brands at the time because they had a black and yellow chair, so I could have a Hufflepuff chair! :lol:

Edited by Morihalda
  • Like 12
3 hours ago, kristof65 said:

LOL...Hmm, I hadn't considered that possibility. 

I don't have it clearly defined yet, because so far, only one PC has made any sort of connection between dragon and avatar, and the PC/Player had pretty good motives to keep the secret to themselves.  I'm pretty sure it's one dragon - one avatar, but I've waffled on whether the avatar is a physical manifestation of a psychic projection, or some sort of flesh golem they inhabit/control or something else.  I'm sure that will be defined in a future campaign some day. 

All I'm imagining right now is a bunch of halflings getting together and becoming a draconic Voltron. :lol:

• Like 3
  • Haha 8
4 hours ago, kristof65 said:

LOL...Hmm, I hadn't considered that possibility. 

I don't have it clearly defined yet, because so far, only one PC has made any sort of connection between dragon and avatar, and the PC/Player had pretty good motives to keep the secret to themselves.  I'm pretty sure it's one dragon - one avatar, but I've waffled on whether the avatar is a physical manifestation of a psychic projection, or some sort of flesh golem they inhabit/control or something else.  I'm sure that will be defined in a future campaign some day. 

Hard light holograms For Science!

• Like 6
15 hours ago, Argentee said:

I could use some hugs. 

I was messaged profanity and banned from a pro-science Facebook  page for suggesting that before single use plastics are phased out their use in medicine and disabled care as well availability of safe alternatives should be evaluated... by scientists in the medical field. This was taken as an attack :wacko:

I do not understand humans.

***Hugs***

Sometimes it is better not to try to understand people.

You had a valid point, they wouldn't listen, move on and spread the message to others, maybe someone else will listen.

Don't feel too bad about it.

As for the issue itself, we are already capable of creating biodegradable plastics, these will dissolve within a reasonable time when discarded.

I would like to see more of that kind of plastic for stuff like plastic bags, straws etc.

In the Netherlands many supermarkets are already replacing the plastic used to pack veggies and fruits in with a biodegradable variant.

We also have to pay extra for a plastic bag.

I would rather see those made out of biodegradable plastics as well.

12 hours ago, Morihalda said:

I goofed that quote up a bit, I'm sorry, Red. :blush:

I didn't want to pull the other thread down in mood, and this thread is good for little blips of emotion before carrying on to other topics. My forgetfulness has gotten more and more extreme this past year. When I was at ReaperCon talking to Patrick Keith about sculpting, I was forgetting what he was saying as he was saying it. I tried writing down what he was saying, but it meant I was missing the sculpting demo. So I still effectively missed the information. 

I've been mixing up words (like "car" instead of "chair" or "speakers" instead of "scissors"), I can't do simple math in my head anymore, I forget my sentences three words in. I've been doing WIP threads for my stuff because I won't remember the order or what I used. I've got other medical stuff still going on but I guess I always thought I'd at least still get to keep my brain, haha. I've been trying to get proper sleep, vitamins, sun, etc.

I understand what you said, Cash. You're the reason why I have my 2017 notebook still. ^_^ So it really threw me off when I sat down to draw and.... I didn't remember how.

Good luck Mori!

Maybe a stupid question, since I don't know what is ailing you.

But could it be that side effects from certain medication is causing this?

• Like 7
8 hours ago, Sylverthorne said:

I'm still trying to figure out how to handle metallic dragons; either they're interfering goody-two-claws, or they're aloof holier-than-thou sages or .. there's no middle ground, and that drives me bonkers. SAPIENT! Capable of learning! Choice! Screwing up! Ugh.

Based on the number of metallic half dragons about, there's clearly another category: furry :lol: :rolleyes:

~~~~~~~~~~~

Had my baby appoint today and had to drink the glucose drink for the diabetes test. I swear, I've had nastier drinks, but not by much. And then I wasn't allowed to eat anything for a while to get the godawful taste out of my mouth. 

Medical tests are just torture.

On the plus side, i noted that I've only gained 10 lbs since I became pregnant. Which is nice, given that I feel like I've been pigging out hardcore lately.

Edited by redambrosia
Wtf auto corrupt
  • Like 11
1 hour ago, Glitterwolf said:

Good luck Mori!

Maybe a stupid question, since I don't know what is ailing you.

But could it be that side effects from certain medication is causing this?

I'm not on any prescribed medications. I take vitamin D, calcium carbonate, and fish oil.

Over the past couple years, we've gone to a doctor each time we've saved up enough.

We have the diagnosis for the physical stuff, but not the mental stuff.

Bah. Text is awful for this kinda stuff. Like... It's serious but I don't want y'all thinking too hard on it. There's nothing I can do about it. It's just hard to convey that in-between status without vocal intonation.

• Like 14
1 hour ago, Morihalda said:

I'm not on any prescribed medications. I take vitamin D, calcium carbonate, and fish oil.

Over the past couple years, we've gone to a doctor each time we've saved up enough.

Bah. Text is awful for this kinda stuff. Like... It's serious but I don't want y'all thinking too hard on it. There's nothing I can do about it. It's just hard to convey that in-between status without vocal intonation.

I hope you will be alright.

Try not to stress too much ( said the stressful Wolf) I hope you can get a good diagnosis.

And hopefully it will not be something serious.

*** Sends good vibes***

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
7 hours ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

Well - We Did It!

Not what we had planned but the direction we were gently prodded towards.

We opened escrow on a parcel of Vacant Land today.

Our plan has been to find an alredy developed parcel of land with an old and creepy mobile home on it and scrape the property down to the utility connections then install a brand new Modular/factory built home.

Just have not been able to find a suitable parcel ready to be scraped, so we will be doing all of the development work.

In other happy news, I checked out the Game Store that I spotted.  The Hydra's Lair, in Carson City, Nv..  Nice Place, good vibe, and they carry a nice selection of Bones as their main line of miniatures.

House Rules posted on the door into the business look a lot like the rules for the Reaper Forums, with the addition of requirements for personal hygiene that would be irrelevant for the internet, but allow the management to maintain a wholesome and family friendly environment.  They have a very busy calendar for in store games and tournaments.  I don't know how I'm going to be able to handle having a game store ess than an hour from my residence.

Plus having the Carson City branch of the Nevada State Railroad Museum about 5 minutes farther down the road [which has regular steam locomotive operations all summer long].

GEM

Congratulations!!

happy-wednesday-puppy-meme-comm-howz-your-wenzday-barking-5214159.png.faed7322a92c577373ee1da8e433a324.png

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Morihalda said:

Try adding methylated B12 to your list.

No joke, my roommate's girlfriend had an issue similar to that which kept eluding a diagnosis. She was told she had a B12 deficiency and to take B12 supplements, which she did, but it wasn't helping. It wasn't until she had a specific test done years later that they figured out why. Her body couldn't process the B12 found in most supplements, which is a wholly synthetic form of B12 called cyanocobalamin that your body breaks down into stuff it can use. It would still show on her blood tests as being B12 in her system at the proper levels, but her body just couldn't metabolize it into methylcobalamin, the natural form of B12 that your body can actually use. So her doctor told her to switch to B12 supplements labeled as "methylated B12" or "methyl B12," which is just the market name for supplements of actual methylcobalamin. When she did, a lot of that issue resolved itself.

Worst case scenario is that you spend $10 on a bottle of B12 and you either throw them away or you choke them down anyways because you spent good money on them and you're not letting them go to waste, dangit!

Edited by Unruly
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1