Randomness XV: 'tis a silly place.

4 hours ago, Morihalda said:

I'm not on any prescribed medications. I take vitamin D, calcium carbonate, and fish oil.

Over the past couple years, we've gone to a doctor each time we've saved up enough.

We have the diagnosis for the physical stuff, but not the mental stuff.

For years I have had this thing with certain word pairs (East West :: Mustard Mayo and others) where I think one but the other one pops out when I speak. But what you are describing sounds more serious. 

... It's serious but I don't want y'all thinking too hard on it...

Since we want you to be healthy, happy, and creating. That’s gonna happen. We are going to think on it. 

There's nothing I can do about it. It's just hard to convey that in-between status without vocal intonation.

::hugs::  ::good vibes:: ...and so forth. 

Maybe don’t over do that Calcium Carbonate  :upside:

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Morning peeps!

Rough night last night. Mom felt like she was having trouble breathing but refused to go to the ER.  Blood O2 was good, blood pressure a little high for her, and the problem vanished after she took her anxiety meds. But I still wound up staying with her last night so I’m exhausted this morning. 

Still went to work. If I’m going to be miserable I’m going to be paid to be miserable!

• Sad 17
5 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Had my baby appoint today and had to drink the glucose drink for the diabetes test. I swear, I've had nastier drinks, but not by much. And then I wasn't allowed to eat anything for a while to get the godawful taste out of my mouth. 

Medical tests are just torture.

On the plus side, i noted that I've only gained 10 lbs since I became pregnant. Which is nice, given that I feel like I've been pigging out hardcore lately.

My wife got diagnosed with borderline gestational diabetes in that test. So she had to do it a few times and then measure her blood sugar daily for weeks. She was able to control it easily with diet but it was a huge pain for her (literally as well as figuratively with poking fingers for blood 3-4 times a day). She's one of those anomalies that doesn't put on weight when she's pregnant. The baby gained weight but my wife lost it. She's still breast feeding and I tease her that she's like a milk cow. All bone and umm, well you know. She was never overweight but she's on the edge of being underweight now. It was the same with all 3 kids. She's eating more but it's all going into milk production. Once she's done with that she'll gain back 5-10 pounds.

22 minutes ago, Argentee said:

Morning peeps!

Rough night last night. Mom felt like she was having trouble breathing but refused to go to the ER.  Blood O2 was good, blood pressure a little high for her, and the problem vanished after she took her anxiety meds. But I still wound up staying with her last night so I’m exhausted this morning. 

Still went to work. If I’m going to be miserable I’m going to be paid to be miserable!

My dad took care of his parents and a lot of aunts and uncles in situations like that. I supported him (mostly by doing the things he normally would have so he could help them) with it and then had to do it for him when he got bad. It's not an easy thing to deal with constantly. When you have some time to recover it's bearable but I've seen what happens to people when they don't get that. Remember to take care of yourself too. 

• Like 12
6 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Based on the number of metallic half dragons about, there's clearly another category: furry :lol: :rolleyes:

~~~~~~~~~~~

Had my baby appoint today and had to drink the glucose drink for the diabetes test. I swear, I've had nastier drinks, but not by much. And then I wasn't allowed to eat anything for a while to get the godawful taste out of my mouth. 

Medical tests are just torture.

On the plus side, i noted that I've only gained 10 lbs since I became pregnant. Which is nice, given that I feel like I've been pigging out hardcore lately.

That stuff was the closest Megan came to breaking her vow of No Alcohol while carrying Brigid. She wanted a whiskey, neat, to burn the taste away.

There was also some nasty looking chalky drink at some point - but I guess that didn't make her want to set her tongue on fire. ::P:

The Auld Grump

• Like 13

Made an order on Saturday with Sculpture Supply Canada. They don't have a proper shopping cart set up so it says they'll send me an email to confirm shipping and payment instructions. 4 days no email. I know @WhiteWulfe said to just call them. Yesterday I couldn't remember everything in my order. My memory is terrible lately. Today I figured out what it was I wanted to order except one thing. It was nagging me what am I forgetting. Finally say, "bleep it. I'll order the rest." Open their website to get the phone number and the place I book marked is the one thing I couldn't remember on my list. :huh:

• Like 12
12 hours ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

with the addition of requirements for personal hygiene that would be irrelevant for the internet,

I do think we need to have a discussion with @buglips*the*goblin about his, because it's starting to seep through my ethernet cable. 

10 hours ago, Zink said:

I'm in favour of less pollution and switching to renewable options but I have some issues with the ways some people want to implement it. 

That's been my problem with most of these proposed straw bans here.  I generally don't use straws, and wouldn't be personally impacted much by any bans, but some of these proposals are problematic for other reasons. 

• Like 12

So what part of "Please email me your tracking number so I can anticipate and plan for the arrival of this rush repair" is unclear? 

Seriously, people call in asking for a rush repair - same or next day turnaround - then do things like sending it ground and/or don't send me any sort of tracking info so I can monitor it's arrival.  And then many of the same people will email me within hours of the package's arrival, asking when they'll get it back. 

You'd think after doing this work for 17 years, it wouldn't surprise or frustrate me anymore...

• Like 2
  • Sad 9

I should be happy, but I feel nothing. 

Annual performance review yesterday. Got the highest mark I could get, which equates to a 5% raise and a bonus of 5% of my annual salary. Great, right? Yay. ***tosses green and white confetti *** I anticipate that the money will come and be absorbed, with little to no notice of the change. 

Maybe once it actually hits the bank account I will have some emotion to the increase.

Or maybe it’s just one of those weeks.

• Like 10
  • Sad 2
8 hours ago, aku-chan said:

My quest to assemble all my Guild Ball minis has ended in failure :down:

Spending over an hour last night trying to glue an arm on left me a broken shell of a person, so on to a new quest!

You have my sympathy, I spent last night building 17 Infinity minis. I finally resorted to making little support struts from blu-tac to keep the flipping things together and 3 still fell apart this morning ::(:

16 hours ago, Sylverthorne said:

I have some glass (tempered!) straws. But the fact is, we don't /use/ straws! Not even very much when we go out and eat, for whatever reason. Using glass or steel or reusable plastic straws might be a decent solution, but then I have to wonder about cleaning them. That is not efficient (I have a cleaning toy, it's like a bottlebrush, only small), and it's not likely to be, given my experiences with dishwashing machines only being able to do so much with pressurized hot water (might be different if stuff isn't baked on or let to dry, admittedly). So, how's a diner, or a restaurant going to manage? Go to no straws by default, give a reusable one if asked? Or just stick with disposable straws, and, I'unno, shred them? You can't recycle materials with food traces on them, so ... How would that even WORK?

People confuse me, some times.

I can't even begin to articulate how much the thought of a glass straw freaks me out :blink: I'd be convinced it was going to break at any moment. Just the thought of it makes me squiffy- it hits the same button as contact lenses(something touching my eye? Nope!) and earwigs.

• Like 11

Glass straws (and metal) are a broccoli to clean. My mom has severe limitations to her range of motion and how much she can lift. Light weight plastics cups are a must for her, she just can’t lift one made of glass. It’s too heavy.  Straws make drinking much easier for her in public, but cleaning a reusable one is impossible. She can barely manage to wash her own cup and the tiny 1 egg frying pan she uses. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2
59 minutes ago, Kuroneko said:

You have my sympathy, I spent last night building 17 Infinity minis. I finally resorted to making little support struts from blu-tac to keep the flipping things together and 3 still fell apart this morning ::(:

Aaand suddenly my desire to buy Inifnity models isn't there anymore.  Thank you, means Reaper can get more of my money! ::P:

Whooooo, my Reaper Feb order box (placed on Valentine's Day I think) is finally out for delivery....  Aka I'll get to pick it up tomorrow at the post office. ^_^

Edited by WhiteWulfe
  • Like 9
7 hours ago, Unruly said:

Try adding methylated B12 to your list.

Someone suggested CoQ10 to me for simliar reasons. Next time I go to a doctor, I'll bring those both up.

6 hours ago, TGP said:

I take a single recommended dosage of calcium once a week. 

--

I'm painting Ma'al's base today!!!

• Like 10
33 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Aaand suddenly my desire to buy Inifnity models isn't there anymore.  Thank you, means Reaper can get more of my money! ::P:

Whooooo, my Reaper Feb order box (placed on Valentine's Day I think) is finally out for delivery....  Aka I'll get to pick it up tomorrow at the post office. ^_^

some aren't bad, some are a crazy number of pieces.

• Like 7
38 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

They might be a pain in the proverbial to assemble, but they're sooo pretty :wub: So pretty that I have 2 different forces and a smattering of singles that instantly went into the "ooh pretty, need to paint" category....

4 minutes ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

some aren't bad, some are a crazy number of pieces.

Yeah, if you don't like fiddly minis, I'd advise against Yu Jing. I had one human sized mini that had 14 pieces ::(: too many antennae by far

• Like 6