Sign in to follow this  
Froggy the Great

Randomness XV: 'tis a silly place.

13 hours ago, Morihalda said:

I would really appreciate some hugs for the moment. I miss you guys a lot.

Consensual virtual platonic hug given! :wub:

Yes, it counts! :winkthumbs:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 11

6 minutes ago, Cranky Dog said:

Consensual virtual platonic hug given! :wub:

Yes, it counts! :winkthumbs:

Political Correctness taken to it's highest level! I don't know whether to be impressed or appalled! ::):

• Like 1
  • Haha 11

2 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

Megan picked up a mini of the hill giant that was pictured in Kingmaker Adventure Path - big, fat, stupid, and a bit sad and confused looking - wearing overalls, with a patch made, I swear, from a black tee shirt. He wouldn't look particularly evil if it wasn't for the necklace of skulls and hands around his neck.

1063608.jpg

She is trying to decide whether to repaint it or leave it as is. (I would go for repainting, but it is her mini, and I have no idea what her plans are for it.)

Me, I may want to use him for an adventure set in Appalachia.

The Auld Grump - he has snot trickling out of his nose....

He also has a patch madenof pants. And his pouches are backpacks. I love that mini, it's hilarious :lol:

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, redambrosia said:

He also has a patch madenof pants. And his pouches are backpacks. I love that mini, it's hilarious :lol:

Now im wondering how he got appropriately sized overalls to begin with. Is there a tailor that specializes in giant clientele? Is it some other giant tailor? Where’d the denim that wide come from?

Time to kick the mental gearshift into neutral and stop thinking about it. 

Edited by Pegazus
  • Like 8
  • Haha 2

Wow- about 50 pages here since I last checked in- my last week at my old job and my first week of my new job have really taken over my life! Especially coupled with the building work we have going on at home in our free time! I hope I haven’t missed anything too drastic in the missed pages as I’m not sure I’ll be able to catch up- hope you’re all doing well!

• Like 12

Needed some hanging bodies for Shadowdeep so took out the ones from the tree of Whoah! (always hear Joey from Blossom when I say this for some reason) and tortured a left over viking into a hanging body a few days ago. Want to play this maybe tonight or tomorrow so started painting them this morning. Was just going to have them laying on the ground but decided at the last minute to make 3 little crosses to hang them up because it'll look better visually. So here I am making crosses, mutilating and hanging my minis and I think about what day it is... :rock: Hmmm. Not sure what I feel about that. My romans were not involved with this situation either. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 10

After a conversation with my Sibling I feel slightly better. Not tons but a little. I am however now emotionally drained and don't want to do anything. I've got one box packed full of DVD's and am not done with them. I'm expecting to have another box full of them, possibly with some video games mixed in. I am exhausted and have done next to nothing. Need to do a ton more than I did yesterday. 

• Like 12

3 minutes ago, SparrowMarie said:

After a conversation with my Sibling I feel slightly better. Not tons but a little. I am however now emotionally drained and don't want to do anything. I've got one box packed full of DVD's and am not done with them. I'm expecting to have another box full of them, possibly with some video games mixed in. I am exhausted and have done next to nothing. Need to do a ton more than I did yesterday. 

My new strategy is doing things in short bursts. I've taken to listening to my headphones while doing chores, so I work for one song, chill for the next. That way I get stuff done, distract myself with fun music, and don't feel stressed about what I'm doing.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Huh, did Reaper never go to retail with the fencing from the Bones 3 Graveyard Expansion? I can't find it.

Or is it in with the obsidian crypt? That'd make sense, but it says that's a 10-part kit.

Which doesn't quite add up still, 'cause isn't the crypt itself only 8 parts? Is the fence in there but as 2 pieces?

Halp I'm down a rabbit hole.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, redambrosia said:

My new strategy is doing things in short bursts. I've taken to listening to my headphones while doing chores, so I work for one song, chill for the next. That way I get stuff done, distract myself with fun music, and don't feel stressed about what I'm doing.

That's generally what I do. I'll do 20/10s which is work for 20 minutes then rest for 10, rinse and repeat. It's hard when I have zero spoons to begin with but I'm managing, kind of. I'm on an extended break of sorts now because my back was not cooperating with me.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, SparrowMarie said:

Brain weasels are running rampant today. I need a life break.

barwtrncaaawybk.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Okay Northwest US forumite friends. 

I may have a chance to take my family with me on a business trip to Yakima WA followed by a drive to the SF CA Bay area.   So what would be the best route to drive between those two locations that can be reasonably done in a couple days and has a couple neat things to see/do along the way? 

ETA - I should note that I'm familiar with 101 from Eureka CA south, and I-5 from Chico CA south.   Wondering how much different the 101 is in OR, and if it's worth heading that far west. 

Edited by kristof65
  • Like 10