11 hours ago, Kuroneko said:

We keep all the nice stuff in the Highlands and Islands :poke:

Hide contents

image.thumb.png.928a4f06f966ac8237819ae33ce92e3c.png

image.thumb.png.77dbeda47c6d3d2602b3c03777f978ea.png

image.png.f91aaaed4447c0ae28ec2f9a84824c4c.png

image.thumb.png.e491923b41c2c0345ae34a59d4de7eaf.png

image.thumb.png.41f45cc47f561830aa4a927204b3cfa2.png

Of course, all of the photos were taken on those beautiful sunny days that are a total rarity here ::(: This is why I never actually recommend Scotland as a holiday destination.

That said, if any of the forumites are ever going to be over here, I'd be happy to suggest places to go and where to avoid.

Personally, I loved Dufftown!  Friendly faces, great scenery,  and 8 distilleries to visit make it a truly memorable visit.  I also came back down to Glasgow by driving down the east side of Loch Ness. Don't know if it's still the same but doing 65 down a 1 lane 2 way road over just Stunning scenery while keeping an eye out for Nessy is an incredible adrenalin rush!

4 hours ago, Unruly said:

Took the head down to bare skin. I am bald again! Wearing my hat for work feels weird now. It's all tingly...

That means it's working!

• Like 6

That I'm back in the cold and wet Netherlands doesn't mean I can't eat like I'm on vacation, right?

Inspired by the Spanish Tapas, Italian Antipasti and Greek Mezzes, I made this for a snack last night.

DSCN0543.JPG

• Like 15

1 hour ago, Glitterwolf said:

That I'm back in the cold and wet Netherlands doesn't mean I can't eat like I'm on vacation, right?

Inspired by the Spanish Tapas, Italian Antipasti and Greek Mezzes, I made this for a snack last night.

DSCN0543.JPG

Dang. I'm rarely motivated to put that much effort into my meals let alone snacks. Like, if the box of crackers is in the pantry instead of at my desk, I choose to slowly perish of snack deprivation rather than go get them. :lol:

I've found that my upper tolerance for how long it takes to prepare a meal that I will still enjoy is about 1.5 hours. Any longer than that and by the time it's ready to eat, I've lost pretty much any desire to eat whatever it is. Example: I've tried twice to do a full Thanksgiving dinner for the two of us, and the second time I was so sick of food by the time it was all done, I literally couldn't even stand to finish what was on my plate. Convenience foods (in between a meal and a snack, like a frozen burrito or tuna sandwich) is about 5 minutes. Snacks better be ready to just pull out of the pantry or the fridge or I'm not going to bother, lol.

Related: Growing up, my parents were thoroughly convinced that my future family was going to starve to death. I'm happy to report that despite being married to me for nearly 11 years, MrBoot shows no signs of wasting away. :lol:

Also related: It didn't take long for me to realize that continuing to cook like I did for a full family was great, because leftovers are glorious. They're like effortless meals, gifted from Past Me! Who is usually a jerk and generally foists work onto Future Me, but she does make some pretty great casseroles.

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

Edited by OneBoot
  • Like 16

The hardest part about preparing my meals is opening the can.  Sometimes this is too much bother, but it's okay - being of 50% British extraction I can survive long periods on hard tack and beef tea.  If hard tack and beef tea are not available, my 50% Irish extraction can make do with whiskey and a potato.  

That's like 4 food groups right there.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 15

11 minutes ago, OneBoot said:

Dang. I'm rarely motivated to put that much effort into my meals let alone snacks. Like, if the box of crackers is in the pantry instead of at my desk, I choose to slowly perish of snack deprivation rather than go get them. :lol:

I've found that my upper tolerance for how long it takes to prepare a meal that I will still enjoy is about 1.5 hours. Any longer than that and by the time it's ready to eat, I've lost pretty much any desire to eat whatever it is. Example: I've tried twice to do a full Thanksgiving dinner for the two of us, and the second time I was so sick of food by the time it was all done, I literally couldn't even stand to finish what was on my plate. Convenience foods (in between a meal and a snack, like a frozen burrito or tuna sandwich) is about 5 minutes. Snacks better be ready to just pull out of the pantry or the fridge or I'm not going to bother, lol.

Related: Growing up, my parents were thoroughly convinced that my future family was going to starve to death. I'm happy to report that despite being married to me for nearly 11 years, MrBoot shows no signs of wasting away. :lol:

Also related: It didn't take long for me to realize that continuing to cook like I did for a full family was great, because leftovers are glorious. They're like effortless meals, gifted from Past Me! Who is usually a jerk and generally foists work onto Future Me, but she does make some pretty great casseroles.

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

This just took about 10 minutes to prepare/arrange it like that.

I like cooking and I like to present food in a appealing way.

My girl and the vixens don't complain...

Today I painted.

Finished two Ki'Rinn from Ral Partha.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

DSCN0543.JPG

Is that some shinkenspeck that I see on the left side? Or is it prosciutto? It looks a little red to be speck, but it's definitely a thinly sliced, smoked ham product of some sort...

Also, today is delivery day! The question now becomes "will it be delivered early enough to look through it before work?" I want to see what Nyarlathotep came out looking like. I didn't pay enough attention to the updates to see if it actually showed up in real pictures, and I haven't gone out of my way to find pictures elsewhere.

Also, I feel like my shipment is small. It's just under 13 lbs. But then again, I spent less on this than I did any other Bones kickstarter.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Unruly said:

Is that some shinkenspeck that I see on the left side? Or is it prosciutto? It looks a little red to be speck, but it's definitely a thinly sliced, smoked ham product of some sort...

Also, today is delivery day! The question now becomes "will it be delivered early enough to look through it before work?" I want to see what Nyarlathotep came out looking like. I didn't pay enough attention to the updates to see if it actually showed up in real pictures, and I haven't gone out of my way to find pictures elsewhere.

Also, I feel like my shipment is small. It's just under 13 lbs. But then again, I spent less on this than I did any other Bones kickstarter.

That, is Iberico Ham I took with me from Valencia.

So you're spot on it IS thinly sliced smoked ham, and very delicious.

Also quite expensive...but I had to taste and buy it.

• Like 7

57 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

That, is Iberico Ham I took with me from Valencia.

So you're spot on it IS thinly sliced smoked ham, and very delicious.

Also quite expensive...but I had to taste and buy it.

Can't blame you there. I would find a way to scrounge up the money to give Iberico ham a tasting.

Currently watching a show called "Off the Cuf" on Amazon Prime, specifically for the first episode which is about the Pennsic War in the SCA. It was filmed last year if I'm not mistaken, and while I wasn't there I've seen so many people that I know in watching it that it isn't funny. I mean, when I go I'm camping with both Count Jehan and Arias Beltran, and in real life they live within an hour of me. I've fought against and with both Duke Timothy and Sir Beatrix. There's a part in the fighting where I saw another close friend and campmate take a very nice spear shot to his face. I can probably freeze frame parts of the fighting and pick out people I know just from their armor...

• Like 7

Being a night-shifter is hard. No matter when I drink it makes me an alcoholic. Drink after work before bed? It's not even Noon yet!?! Drink when I first wake up at 5pm.... Alcoholic.

• Like 9

38 minutes ago, Corsair said:

Any word on Red and baby yet?

No news yet!

• Like 3