Randomness XV: 'tis a silly place.

Froggy the Great

7 hours ago, Kangaroorex said:

I think your hubby owes you a few new pillows of any desired shape and support you wish... at least those were the marching orders i got when my children were born!

so many things here.  It depends a lot on the setup.  the industrial air systems we use have automated blowdowns and driers to minimize stagnant liquid in the storage tanks and reservoirs and dewpoint meters to ensure that the lines stay dry.  Its one of the cheaper protective systems we have on the air supply.  

otherwise the valves go from pneumatically operated to hydraulically operated in a hurry at the far end of the air lines! (they dont work very well that way... they work even worse when the weather gets cold and the water becomes a solid.

shutting down the systems must make for at least some delay as the glue pots heat up in the morning, either that or someone gets to be the unfortunate morning person getting in to start the coffee and the glue pots....  maybe they can make the donuts too!

We have dryers on both compressors and an automated dump valve, dumps all excess pressure when power is cut and dumps some pressure several times throughout the day to make sure that the rising temperature doesn't cause over pressure issues. 

Glue pots take about an hour to hour to warm up to temp, they get turned on as I am walking past to clock in after turning on the lights (and now compressors and power to other systems).

Edited by FaekiasDracon
  • Like 6

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the most unhelpful cats. I woke up from a deep sleep about an hour ago to a small crash - both cats had pounced from the windowsill through the cheap blinds, likely chasing a bug.

I watched them diligently follow the trail which ended at the foot of our bed (we sleep on the floor) and they just! Abruptly! Left! Excuse me, cats! Your job isn't done yet!

I've spent the last hour dozing off and waking up every time I hear a faint scritchy noise or Seyda's whisker brushes my face. "AHH it's returned, it knows I want it dead and it's on my face oh seriously child could you sit any closer to me" :rolleyes:

Edited by Morihalda
  • Haha 13

12 hours ago, OneBoot said:

Smart man, throwing chocolate at a lady. :lol:

*throws sprinkles*

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

Yep, I've learned a thing or two in my travels.::D:

12 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Oof. 

Also, oof. 

I hurts. I'm surprised at how much more comfortable I was on that gawdawful hospital bed.

Additionally, oof.

Here's hoping the 'oof' turns into 'aaah' soon.

6 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Did somebody say Food Fight?

*** Starts throwing monchou cakes in random directions ****

>begins chasing down monchou cakes<

Happy Saturday!

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

11 hours ago, Cyradis said:

If oof is all you're saying after making a literal person, and having it burst from your body like an alien, you get to claim to have super powers. 

Well, the "oof" is the too exhausted way to say more of what would include a lot more vulgar words and run on for quite a while if I had  more energy.

• Like 10
  • Sad 4

12 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

huh, I've only ever seen those at red robin I thought they were just their thing

I've also seen them at Olive Garden and Applebee's. I hate them with a burning passion for most of the meal (I turn it towards the wall so the constant flickering of the menu doesn't detract/distract from our dining experience). They are quite nice for when I'm paying, but I do wish they weren't present and on the entire time. <_<

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

• Like 13

two flats of Petunias in the ground along with a few balloon flowers... finished mulching and filling in the new lilac trees, cut and stained two new shelves to show off the larger bones 4 goodies and set up a soy ginger marinade for the swordfish for tonight's dinner.  A little rest and then i think a little well earned painting time is in order! 

I have many new bones to play with and i have to finish what's on the bench first.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Had an interesting conversation with a customer today at work. A very nice young millennial lady was making her first garden and wanted to go organic. The lady said she wanted organic fertilizer so I ring her up and call for the guys to load her bags of manure. She just freaks out, she had NO idea that organic fertilizer was manure. My boss was trying so hard to keep a stra9ght face while I explained as gently as possible, that yes, manure is cow poop. The poor girl was totally messed up realizing she has been paying extra for food that has been grown in poop.

• Haha 18

14 minutes ago, Corsair said:

Had an interesting conversation with a customer today at work. A very nice young millennial lady was making her first garden and wanted to go organic. The lady said she wanted organic fertilizer so I ring her up and call for the guys to load her bags of manure. She just freaks out, she had NO idea that organic fertilizer was manure. My boss was trying so hard to keep a stra9ght face while I explained as gently as possible, that yes, manure is cow poop. The poor girl was totally messed up realizing she has been paying extra for food that has been grown in poop.

It sometimes astounds me when people aren't aware of what "biological" and "organic" mean.

Nature can be messy...

• Like 15

22 minutes ago, Corsair said:

Yes, but not just any poop.

If it's done right the "more organic" components are treated to a sterilization process.

Without that important step your garden may not produce the healthful foodstuff you intended.

GEM

11 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

It sometimes astounds me when people aren't aware of what "biological" and "organic" mean.

Nature can be messy...

I could get into a long stint on the soapbox but since at the end my first footstep would probably be in Beekeepers let me simply remark that too many City People have not the vaguest notion of how things work outside of the City Limit Sign.

GEM

And not all of those City People actually live in what are normally defined as "cities".

Woot-Woot!

Out running errands and there was a quiet rumble of thunder followed by a monstrous crash as if to say "Now that I have your attention".

Within a minute there was a soft patter of rain that steadily increased until the car was being pelted with the sort of massive splatty drops that actually splash when they touch down.  After about 20 minutes of this we got about 10 minutes of mixed splatty drops and small hail, then a gradual tapering off to a fine misty rain.

That was over an hour ago and the Storm Giants are still rattling around the sky on a regular basis.

GEM

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

I guess Megan is contemplating a Norse/Skyrim campaign, so I have sent her on a quest for Evil Trees in Norse/Scandinavian/Germanic mythology - for the Tree of Despair. (If I remember properly, there are several. ::): )

Trying to decide what to do about my mentor in Megan's Eberron game - he is pretty definitely one of the black hats now - playing three factions he doesn't like against each other, and profiting from each.

I think that I will set things up to 'kill' him, again, and get him to drop out of the great game. He needs to come in from the cold. (None of the three factions are good people - but adding instability in the wake of the Last War? Not good.)

The Auld Grump - I am going to cheat, and let Megan know what my character's goals are, to see if she wants him to play along.

22 minutes ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

Yes, but not just any poop.

If it's done right the "more organic" components are treated to a sterilization process.

Without that important step your garden may not produce the healthful foodstuff you intended.

GEM

I could get into a long stint on the soapbox but since at the end my first footstep would probably be in Beekeepers let me simply remark that too many City People have not the vaguest notion of how things work outside of the City Limit Sign.

GEM

And not all of those City People actually live in what are normally defined as "cities".

Woot-Woot!

Out running errands and there was a quiet rumble of thunder followed by a monstrous crash as if to say "Now that I have your attention".

Within a minute there was a soft patter of rain that steadily increased until the car was being pelted with the sort of massive splatty drops that actually splash when they touch down.  After about 20 minutes of this we got about 10 minutes of mixed splatty drops and small hail, then a gradual tapering off to a fine misty rain.

That was over an hour ago and the Storm Giants are still rattling around the sky on a regular basis.

GEM

Everybody should see Gary Larson's epic animated show There's A Hair In My Dirt.

The Auld Grump

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Corsair said:

Well...perhaps she wanted finished compost rather than raw manure?

Did you also sell her four bags of vegetable material (grass clippings, shredded mulch, etc.) along with the one bag of manure? According to this:

https://www.dirtdoctor.com/garden/Compost-Making_vq2540.htm

...the desirable ratio for organic compost as fertilizer is: 80% plant matter -to- 20% animal waste. 

• Like 10

11 minutes ago, TGP said:

Well...perhaps she wanted finished compost rather than raw manure?

Did you also sell her four bags of vegetable material (grass clippings, shredded mulch, etc.) along with the one bag of manure? According to this:

https://www.dirtdoctor.com/garden/Compost-Making_vq2540.htm

...the desirable ratio for organic compost as fertilizer is: 80% plant matter -to- 20% animal waste. 

That is very close to thee balance in our stuff, we just call it out on our radios as manure for clarity. Plus a rural/farming area like ours calls it as it is...

• Like 10

2 hours ago, Corsair said:

Probably a good thing she don't live in Washington state if a proposed law in regards to human composting passes.........::D:

• Haha 9