Froggy the Great

Randomness XV: 'tis a silly place.

It's a rainy and cold day today. It's great for keeping my bills down, but not so much for work. Unplugged my deep freeze last night, but didn't take anything out of it yet. It's so frozen over that everything should stay mostly frozen until tomorrow, when I'll be pulling it out and tossing it because it's all years old and borderline inedible. But I wanted to get a bit of a head start on the defrosting because tomorrow I'm also planning on doing a lot of shopping and stocking the thing with new stuff that I'll actually use.

Edit: pulled everything out just now. Decided I needed to let it melt out tonight so that I could plug it back in tomorrow. Otherwise when I did my shopping the freezer wouldn't be a cold enough to freeze...

Edited by Unruly
  • Like 9

1 hour ago, haldir said:

Probably a good thing she don't live in Washington state if a proposed law in regards to human composting passes.........::D:

In most areas you already eat things that have eaten things grown in human waste, the sludge from wastewater treatment plants is generally sold to fertilizer companies and the liquid components in many rural sewage treatment plants is sprayed onto fields of timothy or alfalpha that is cut and rolled into feed hay. Most of the sludge ends up fertilizing dent corn that is then used as livestock feed. 

1 hour ago, haldir said:

Probably a good thing she don't live in Washington state if a proposed law in regards to human composting passes.........::D:

In most areas you already eat things that have eaten things grown in human waste, the sludge from wastewater treatment plants is generally sold to fertilizer companies and the liquid components in many rural sewage treatment plants is sprayed onto fields of timothy or alfalpha that is cut and rolled into feed hay. Most of the sludge ends up fertilizing dent corn that is then used as livestock feed. 

• Like 10

28 minutes ago, FaekiasDracon said:

In more urbanized areas the liquid component will be used for landscape watering.  Several decades ago I was asst. manager for a private golf club [mostly dealing with the clubhouse and outside catered events] and the entire golf course was irrigated with water provided by a nearby waste treatment facility.  Whenever any work was done requiring the removal of the grass and disturbing the underlying soil, such as redoing the greens, there was a strong to the point of pungent "organic" odor to the disturbed soil.

GEM

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

The FLGS is holding a silent auction this weekend. Deadline for bids is tomorrow 6pm. Some dude in the hobby passed and his family contacted the game store to sell off all his hobby/gaming/miniatures stuff.

I'll head over tomorrow to take a look. And am already planning on going in halfsies with a friend for what sounds like the dude's entire Bones 2 kickstarter haul, still in the original baggies.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 6

Welp, in the Regency game, the Fire Giant chief's obnoxious son challenged the party  - he and two of his friends against the whole party.

This... was a mistake - the only reason he isn't dead is that Megan's witch healed him when he was down to -12 HP, and heading to his Con in negative HP at a rapid clip. (Duncan's character left him with 3 pts of Bleed damage - two more rounds and the idiot would have been competing in the two meter daisy push.)

She healed him because his father seems to be a decent sort - and made sure that all the giants knew why she was sparing him.

He was protected against Cold damage - the traditional weakness of Fire Giants - but Megan opened with Lightning Bolt, while Jon's barbarian also dealt Electric damage.

Duncan bolted in, sliced ankles (limiting the giants' movement) and causing Bleed damage.

Jenny stepped back and kept attacking with her guns - doing pretty consistent damage.

With his son wounded, but not killed - the Chief has given a final challenge - a good old fashioned Dungeon Crawl to retrieve a magic artifact - the way guarded by fanatic Azer (flaming dwarfs of flaming fire) and Lava Children. (If the party retrieves it then it will be the Azer's turn to steal it back from the giants - this is a tradition....) The prize is an enormous fish hook. (Yes, that fish hook.) Which will actually be useful in the rescue mission.

Both the Azer and the fire giants think of themselves as guarding the artifact - this is yet another competition, not emnity. if the party steals it, then they are in for some trouble from both.

The Auld Grump

Hmmm... looks like tomorrow I am cooking chicken croquettes for Mother's day.

The Auld Grump - I was not involved with the negotiations, chicken croquettes was what Megan and her Mum agreed on. ::):

• Like 14

Be sure to call your mum tomorrow. I wish I could.

Call my mum I mean, not yours. That would be weird.

• Like 11
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, DocPiske said:

Be sure to call your mum tomorrow. I wish I could.

Right... Those days are long past.  

5 hours ago, Unruly said:

It's a rainy and cold day today.

That sort of Saturday happened in my time zone also. Mighta been the same frontal boundary...hitting you about 12 hours later. 

Edited by TGP
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

With his son wounded, but not killed - the Chief has given a final challenge - a good old fashioned Dungeon Crawl to retrieve a magic artifact - the way guarded by fanatic Azer (flaming dwarfs of flaming fire) and Lava Children. (If the party retrieves it then it will be the Azer's turn to steal it back from the giants - this is a tradition....) The prize is an enormous fish hook. (Yes, that fish hook.) Which will actually be useful in the rescue mission.

So you're saying that it's a.............plot hook? :devil:

• Like 5
  • Haha 10

8 hours ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

Yes, but not just any poop.

If it's done right the "more organic" components are treated to a sterilization process.

Without that important step your garden may not produce the healthful foodstuff you intended.

GEM

I could get into a long stint on the soapbox but since at the end my first footstep would probably be in Beekeepers let me simply remark that too many City People have not the vaguest notion of how things work outside of the City Limit Sign.

GEM

And not all of those City People actually live in what are normally defined as "cities".

Woot-Woot!

Out running errands and there was a quiet rumble of thunder followed by a monstrous crash as if to say "Now that I have your attention".

Within a minute there was a soft patter of rain that steadily increased until the car was being pelted with the sort of massive splatty drops that actually splash when they touch down.  After about 20 minutes of this we got about 10 minutes of mixed splatty drops and small hail, then a gradual tapering off to a fine misty rain.

That was over an hour ago and the Storm Giants are still rattling around the sky on a regular basis.

GEM

I made it a point in my life to understand and do all the necessary parts of being able to fees myself and family.  I have grown food, I have hunted and i have butchered a carcass (from my friends more skilled point of View, never has that phrase been better used)  I have smoked and salted meat and pickled vegetables.  And I have eaten what in have made.

That said and done I am more than happy to let someone else do it for me from here on out.

As for rain.  I wish it would get on with it.  I put a bunch of flowers in the ground, I really don't want to water them!

4 hours ago, FaekiasDracon said:

Let's face it, at this point in the earth's history, the only carbon atoms that haven't been through a few intestines are the ones that got turned into diamonds at a very early point in said history.  The same can be said for water molecules and oxygen molecules.  It's a recycled planet.  Best not to think where those molecules have been...

• Like 11

Well, it seems like Dice, Camera, Action will be getting cancelled soon. Or at the very least will be replacing a cast member or two. Some pretty heavy accusations being thrown around regarding one of them over the last couple days, stuff that will probably have severe legal ramifications for them if true. Another cast member is catching flak for some interpersonal relationship stuff between the two of them. I don't really care about the interpersonal drama, but the legal stuff is just... yea...

Kind of a shame. I like DCA. It's not my favorite D&D liveplay, but it's decent and it gets me my Chris Perkins fix now that he's not doing Acquisitions Inc anymore. And I really hate how people are dragging the other person through the dirt for things that, while not the best things in the world, are both common and legal.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

For all of our Mothers on Mothers Day:

flowers-2755813__340.jpg.459949fbaeed51858434b6b8a8e5d115.jpg

A Virtual Flower Basket.

I would send the real things but my computer isn't equipped with a Matter Transporter, ...yet.

Happy Mothers Day to one and all.

GEM

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

A merry mother's day to all y'all!!

Going the FLGS to get my box of Looncurse and some paint, so that's rather exciting. And afterwards, watching The Son while procrastinating on assigments. 

• Like 7

After hearing me talking about painting a lot this year my mom requested a painting from me for mother's day. When I told her I normally paint miniatures and have never painted on canvas she told me, "I am sure it will be wonderful." My husband went to get it framed and was asked if his daughter painted it... I'm actually nervous about it now.

Edited by Randomdawning
typos
  • Like 14

And got a buyer for the goblin half of Looncurse, wonderful. Building the tree dudes now, which is a bit of a PITB. Oh well, c'est la vie. 

• Like 7

Pretty poopy conversation you guys were having yesterday....::D:

I'm off to visit my mom in a little while, have a good day!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1