Randomness XV: 'tis a silly place.

Froggy the Great

Morning all!

9 hours ago, DocPiske said:

Be sure to call your mum tomorrow. I wish I could.

Call my mum I mean, not yours. That would be weird.

I wish I could. :down: I'll call my aunt instead. 

Planning on waffles in a bit. Coffee for now.

D&D yesterday was fun. I've got to be careful about offering up side quests/dungeons. One of the main points of Stonehell was that the megadungeon was THE place for adventure. But 2 sessions ago I only had the one player, and the dungeon is too dangerous for that, so I offered up a side dungeon. And this past session, after making a brief stop in Stonehell, they decided to checkout the side dungeon. I expect that they'll clear it out pretty quickly. But what's gonna happen in Stonehell while they do?? I wonder if they're gonna consider that... 

• Like 11

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Chaoswolf said:

Pretty poopy conversation you guys were having yesterday....::D:

I'm off to visit my mom in a little while, have a good day!

My life is poop literally. I've been up to my armpits in it both inside and outside the cow and with multiple babies. It's just a part of life. I don't live in a sterile world and actually don't mind dealing with that so much. 

• Like 13

Started a new computer project this weekend: a timeline of my life, which includes quite a bit of the family's events, too. In PowerPoint, on slides for 11*17 paper, each year is a line from top left to bottom right. Have gone through and pit everybody's birthdays, passport renewals, and transit stamps from those passports on those lines. Then went thru the letters between the wife-to-be and myself, and then started in on my journals. After my own, I have my grandmother's and my great-grandmothers to work through. Then all the kids' events from school, and maybe go through my work journals as well. Business trips need to go in, too.

Remembering my life was getting too mixed up, so I needed a quick guide of things.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

I know it's mother's day, but I'm going to complain about mine right now.

I have never met another person who has managed to break anything involving technology the way she does. Seriously. I set up her printer for her and the very first time she goes to use it she breaks it and needs me to come fix it. And usually it's a matter of reinstalling the drivers or reconnecting the printer to her network, because somehow she manages to uninstall them or disconnect it pretty much as soon as I leave her house. And then I fix it, and the next time she wants to use it it's the same exact thing all over again. I swear that it's because she insists on continuing to use Internet Explorer, because that single piece of software is the devil and it allows anyone who so much as looks at your computer to own it. Switching the default browser back to IE, and finding it wherever I've hidden it because it's impossible to uninstall, is probably the only thing she ever bothered to learn how to do on a computer despite having used them daily for the last 25 years.

And no, GEM, I'm not switching her to Ubuntu because I'm not willing to deal with 40 phone calls a day about "where's Internet Explorer at?" and "How come I can't use X?" This is a woman who still hasn't figured out that the color coded cables for her DVD player go into the matching color coded holes on the back of the TV.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 4

Youngest vixen will turn 20 tomorrow.

We celebrated today for family and will do so tomorrow for her friends.

Also...my Tapas Snack platter I made earlier was training for today.

Today I made these.

20190512_161837.jpg

20190512_161842.jpg

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 16
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I just had leftover pizza from last night's game.

Poor GM. Who wasn't me for once ::P: It was her first lich and she didn't get to kill anyone. Not even the cavalier's mount. Almost, though. Allllmost. Also almost made the cavalier's player cry :devil:

• Like 3
  • Haha 6
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, TGP said:

Having a sad because I have ^ no food like that..!!

Sorry about that.

It's more presentation than special food though.

1 hour ago, Froggy the Great said:

I see that bowl of peppers as an orange frog.  Every. Time.

Strange how you think of peppers when I serve a good pickled frog! :upside:

1 hour ago, Crowley said:

Okay, time to work on my CPA studying... 

Pfffttt...... :upside:

Good luck!

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, FaekiasDracon said:

In most areas you already eat things that have eaten things grown in human waste, the sludge from wastewater treatment plants is generally sold to fertilizer companies and the liquid components in many rural sewage treatment plants is sprayed onto fields of timothy or alfalpha that is cut and rolled into feed hay. Most of the sludge ends up fertilizing dent corn that is then used as livestock feed. 

In most areas you already eat things that have eaten things grown in human waste, the sludge from wastewater treatment plants is generally sold to fertilizer companies and the liquid components in many rural sewage treatment plants is sprayed onto fields of timothy or alfalpha that is cut and rolled into feed hay. Most of the sludge ends up fertilizing dent corn that is then used as livestock feed. 

Soylent Green is made out of people!

Alternately, there is always On Ilkla Moor Baht 'at, all about the circle of life.... ::P: 

The Auld Grump - croquettes in the fridge, firming up. ::):

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Crowley said:
18 hours ago, DocPiske said:

Call my mum I mean, not yours. That would be weird.

I wish I could. :down: I'll call my aunt instead.

Yeah. I can’t do either of those things. Both my mom and aunt are beyond the reach of any phone technology. ::(:

• Sad 9

4 hours ago, Unruly said:

I know it's mother's day, but I'm going to complain about mine right now.

Clearly this is your superpower. 

I have never met another person who has managed to break anything involving technology the way she does.

Sometimes I manage...

Seriously. I set up her printer for her and the very first time she goes to use it she breaks it and needs me to come fix it. And usually it's a matter of reinstalling the drivers or reconnecting the printer to her network, because somehow she manages to uninstall them or disconnect it pretty much as soon as I leave her house. And then I fix it, and the next time she wants to use it it's the same exact thing all over again. I swear that it's because she insists on continuing to use Internet Explorer, because that single piece of software is the devil and it allows anyone who so much as looks at your computer to own it. Switching the default browser back to IE, and finding it wherever I've hidden it because it's impossible to uninstall, is probably the only thing she ever bothered to learn how to do on a computer despite having used them daily for the last 25 years.

Can you intercept and redirect somehow? Change the names of all the shortcuts and icons so that they launch Chrome or Firefox? or Safari. 

Could you reskin one of those three so that it looks like IntExplorer?  I bet somebody has done a skin that faithfully copies the IE color scheme and buttons. 

That might be enough to appease mum. 

And no, GEM, I'm not switching her to Ubuntu because I'm not willing to deal with 40 phone calls a day about "where's Internet Explorer at?" and "How come I can't use X?" This is a woman who still hasn't figured out that the color coded cables for her DVD player go into the matching color coded holes on the back of the TV.

There’s your Mother’s Day present. A cellphone snap of the back of that device, plugged in and working, in a frame, for reference.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3