Randomness XV: 'tis a silly place.

Froggy the Great

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem with that is the Title Company won't care. They did their job, they will look at it as the IRS' problem. They certainly won't sit on hold for 2 hours.

8 minutes ago, kristof65 said:

And at 2 hrs and 2 minutes, it gave me a message of "We're having technical difficulties" and it sent me back to the initial menu.  :grr:

And then it told me "We're sorry, we can't help you because we're too busy."   (paraphrasing). 

OWCH!

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, kristof65 said:

And at 2 hrs and 2 minutes, it gave me a message of "We're having technical difficulties" and it sent me back to the initial menu.  :grr:

And then it told me "We're sorry, we can't help you because we're too busy."   (paraphrasing). 

<redacted> :grr: 

Lunch time...

• Like 7

21 minutes ago, kristof65 said:

My response would have been, "I am unhappy with you and don't think you're very good at your job."

... paraphrasing. :B):

• Like 8

23 minutes ago, kristof65 said:

Kudos to you for not throwing the phone across the room accompanied by some strong adult language.

• Like 7

21 minutes ago, Corsair said:

The problem with that is the Title Company won't care. They did their job, they will look at it as the IRS' problem. They certainly won't sit on hold for 2 hours.

OWCH!

If it is a reputable Title company they will care.

If not, there are attorneys that specialize in Real Estate Law whose job is to make them care.

This one should be a slam dunk, as it is a glaring error on the part of the Title Company not to make sure that a lien of this type is removed.

Without it's removal the deed is ~Imperfect~ and the purpose of Title Insurance is to Insure that the deed is perfected through the process of Escrow.

GEM

• Like 6

It's new intern day! Just met the new batch my bosses hired for the year. They seem extremely young this year and more than just a little bit nervous. They're in safety training most of this week and then I've got a fun day lined up for them where we'll be going to a private chunk of preserved forested wetlands to look for an endangered species of Equisetum. That should be fun enough to encourage them not to run out on us. But then the following week we're visiting strip mines. Hopefully that doesn't scare anyone off. 

• Like 11

1 minute ago, Thoramel said:

They seem extremely young this year ....

They get younger every year. I wish I could have graduated from high school at 12. :poke:

(Hint. Never, ever look at your high school yearbook. Apparently I did graduate from high school at 12.) <_<

• Like 1
  • Haha 14

8 minutes ago, Thoramel said:

It's new intern day! Just met the new batch my bosses hired for the year. They seem extremely young this year and more than just a little bit nervous. They're in safety training most of this week and then I've got a fun day lined up for them where we'll be going to a private chunk of preserved forested wetlands to look for an endangered species of Equisetum. That should be fun enough to encourage them not to run out on us. But then the following week we're visiting strip mines. Hopefully that doesn't scare anyone off. 

Just met our intern for the summer. Sadly, the wild environs of cubicles won’t nearly be as exciting as a strip

mine. And we don’t have any flight hardware around to show either. 

• Like 10

2 hours ago, Corsair said:

@Glitterwolf, if you can get to areas the shrews are inhabiting, put some old fashioned moth balls there. the smell will often drive smaller pests away. Just make sure it doesn't bother Brutus! If not, you will like having a cat...

This is the second suggestion that you allow a M.E.O.W Agent into W.O.O.F headquarters!

1 hour ago, kristof65 said:

still on hold for the IRS Lien Office.  It has now been 1 hour and 22 minutes according to my phone. 

Oh no...

57 minutes ago, kristof65 said:

And it has now been 2 hrs on hold for the IRS

Been there...

51 minutes ago, kristof65 said:

Gotten that error message...

It will auto-hang-up on you Soon™️.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

Kudos to you for not throwing the phone across the room accompanied by some strong adult language.

29 minutes ago, Crowley said:

We don't actually know that he didn't...

The Hamster is correct. ::D:

I didn't throw the phone, because it's my phone as well as anything I hit with it, and I would only be hurting myself. But strong adult language was used. A lot of it. 

26 minutes ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

If it is a reputable Title company they will care.

If not, there are attorneys that specialize in Real Estate Law whose job is to make them care.

This one should be a slam dunk, as it is a glaring error on the part of the Title Company not to make sure that a lien of this type is removed.

Without it's removal the deed is ~Imperfect~ and the purpose of Title Insurance is to Insure that the deed is perfected through the process of Escrow.

GEM

It should be a slam dunk. We have a copy of the IRS's Form 669-B Certificate of Discharge of Property from Federal Tax Lien.  The problem is that the IRS has never got around to telling our county assessor to remove the liens. 

I was told two months ago by the title company rep that they would follow it up on their end as well, but over the weekend the post office attempted to deliver a certified letter for the previous owner from the IRS, which makes me believe that the IRS still hasn't done their end of things.  So this is just me following up since it directly affects me.   I don't want to have spend good money on a real estate attorney to deal with this, but it looks like I might have to. 

• Sad 12

6 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

On a minor bad note, we have some shrews in our walls.

They stink!

We have had this happening for a while now and all my measures have failed to expell the little buggers.

Free advice versus Shrews: https://pestkill.org/rodents/shrews/

I wonder if these ^ are a similar species to the ones plaguing WOOF HQ. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I would pretend to be surprised at the wait times you're experiencing but I'm really not.

The IRS has been hemorrhaging people ever since I signed up. And has problems hiring new ones. The jobs are posted but there's a combination of "not paid nearly enough for this" and "jobs are posted only in inaccessible places" and "it's the IRS" and "funded only at the whims of idiots, see last January for example" that tends to leave those jobs vacant.

Is there a Taxpayer Assistance Center nearby? If so, try the TAC appointment line. You have now met the criteria of "yes I attempted to call you idiots never picked up also my house is in danger". Because if you can get into a TAC then you can slam the forms on the table dramatically and physically hand them to the IRS for processing.

My partner is a CSR, someone who'd normally handle your case. She says writing "NOT AT THIS ADDRESS" on the certified letter and sending it back might actually help. Best case scenario it'll set the "no current address" freeze code and you won't get his mail anymore. 

You could also mail in a copy of your forms with a letter. Those actually get looked at, despite what most people think. It'll be routed to Collections where they'll work the case directly. And it'll be on the system where any time there's a problem the case can be found on the main system and reviewed "yep, this guy doesn't owe money. Release the refund!"

• Like 9
  • Thanks 8