Sign in to follow this  
Froggy the Great

Randomness XV: 'tis a silly place.

Coffee...

At least its a 3 day weekend.

What's that? I'm working Saturday and Sunday? You're full of broccoli, right?

Right?

Oh.... :down:

• Confused 1
  • Sad 10

5 minutes ago, Crowley said:

Coffee...

At least its a 3 day weekend.

What's that? I'm working Saturday and Sunday? You're full of broccoli, right?

Right?

Oh.... :down:

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor hamster coffee Meme

• Haha 13

7 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

I've already seen big ol' bumblebees flying around right now, so I'm hopeful that bees will be out in good numbers this year.

We always get lots of bumblebees, which is fine with me because I have an apple tree.  Some schmo came to the house the other day trying to sell me on changing to his pest control service.  His sales pitch was that they would cover my entire property, not just the perimeter of the house.  (It's a quarter acre, and I just want to keep ants and termites from getting into the house and wasps off my eaves.)  The bumblebee visiting my lemon plant was a reminder why I didn't want blanket the yard in pesticides.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

This weekend is the local anime convention.  It is, to the best of my knowledge, the largest anime convention in NC.  My wife and I make a tradition of going but she’s stuck at a work conference until the afternoon.

So I’m here by myself right now.

I think I need more coffee.

• Like 8

I am awake. I have ... half a muffin (I ate the other half). 

Caffeine and what will likely be a nap in the car, and .. bring it, world. ;p

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, Sylverthorne said:

I am awake. I have ... half a muffin (I ate the other half). 

Caffeine and what will likely be a nap in the car, and .. bring it, world. ;p

I will have noms available at the Paint and Take station. ^_^

Whether they would normally constitute part of this complete breakfast, though, is up for debate. 

I mean, banana Laffy Taffy and fruity-flavored gummies are basically fruit, right? :rock:

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

• Haha 15

Been a hard day today.

The doctors have changed one of my housemates medications to a different (more cost-effective) brand. Only problem is, our normal pharmacist doesn't stock it, and neither do any others. I know this because I've spent all day walking around town visiting them.

Plus I had to have a blood test and got the nurse who wriggles the needle :down:

• Sad 15

10 hours ago, NebulousMissy said:

Ugh. I'm going to bed 4 hours early. I need to be able to wake up at 8am by Saturday for a graduation.

I work 2nd shift dang it all! Why can't graduations be held in the afternoon? I'm sure college students with something to celebrate will be able to keep sober until then ::P:

It gets better.

We get a text at 10am today. "Where are you? Graduation is at 1030"

Graduation isn't Saturday. It's today. It's right now. As of right now we've missed it. Because no I couldn't magically move our train tickets to 'the past' so we'd be there on time. 

It's my partner's sister's graduation. I left coordinating with her dad over the schedule to her. I should not have, given this happened last time and she was unconcerned then either.

I need to learn to be less mad than this or basically consign myself to never going anywhere. Or taking control of all scheduling which I do not want to do out of sheer laziness as much as not wanting to be that kind of a controlling elfhat.

• Sad 16

5 minutes ago, aku-chan said:

Been a hard day today.

The doctors have changed one of my housemates medications to a different (more cost-effective) brand. Only problem is, our normal pharmacist doesn't stock it, and neither do any others. I know this because I've spent all day walking around town visiting them.

Plus I had to have a blood test and got the nurse who wriggles the needle :down:

Over here you can sometimes get an "emergency supply" of certain medications that require consistent use.  It helps when they hit you with an unexpected shortage or need to special order something.  Sometimes they can also call around and find where there is some available.  Good luck, chasing rare meds is always stressful.  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

That sounds appealing.

I'd rather drink Moxie. And I DO NOT LIKE Moxie! Jon brings Moxie to game nights and NOBODY steals his doda. EVER. Except Julie, but that doesn't count. :wow:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1

Wait. Was Friday invaded by Monday? Considering all the above, it seems like it. Now to add my own... I was going to say misery, but I’m not nearly as put out over my issue.

Project contract that I interviewed for a job on couple of weeks ago was awarded to a different company. So, obviously, the position has been cancelled. I’m still gainfully employed, so there’s no stress involved other than having looked forward to the new task. There are other positions opening up, and I’ve been told management has decided to “invest” in certain people which I’ve made the list. Not sure if I should be flattered or scared.

• Like 8

13 minutes ago, LittleBluberry said:

Over here you can sometimes get an "emergency supply" of certain medications that require consistent use.  It helps when they hit you with an unexpected shortage or need to special order something.  Sometimes they can also call around and find where there is some available.  Good luck, chasing rare meds is always stressful.  

Thanks.

She's got enough to last most of next week, so it's not a serious problem yet, it's just annoying to get caught in the middle of this crossover.

I've left a message with the Doctors, so hopefully they'll let her have a prescription for her old brand and by the time she needs more everyone will have made the switch too. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, OneBoot said:

I mean, banana Laffy Taffy and fruity-flavored gummies are basically fruit, right? :rock:

Laffy Taffy is great! First it gives you cavities and then it pulls your teeth. Very efficient.

^_^

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

55 minutes ago, PaganMegan said:

I'd rather drink Moxie. And I DO NOT LIKE Moxie! Jon brings Moxie to game nights and NOBODY steals his doda. EVER. Except Julie, but that doesn't count. :wow:

I learned to like terrible things for precisely this reason.  Well, not because you might steal it, but because someone might.  So I would purposely buy the weirdest, most terrible sounding/looking/tasting things.  (Sometimes they might actually be good, just look awful)

If anyone stayed away, it worked as intended.  If somebody stole them, I found out who was brave and adventurous and made a new friend.  

Also, I'm petty enough to make sure nobody gets to enjoy anything if it comes to that.  This is how I wound up with a fridge full of Pineapple Crush.  I hate it.  Everyone else hates it.  But it sure is hot out today, and those vile things are cold.  Who will break first?  Who will dare walk down the Yellow Ick Road?  

Not me.  I'd rather die of thirst.  Or any other method.  

• Haha 18