Sign in to follow this  
Froggy the Great

Randomness XV: 'tis a silly place.

All this talk of the "fun" of the first few weeks/months of a child makes me glad the worst I'll have to deal with is a puppy. 

...And the "fun" initial six to twelve weeks with them.  On the flipside, puppies do have that puppy eye defense... 

Still really want a fennec though, but we'll definitely need to get a house first.  And then I want to train him to act like Eevee does in Pokémon Let's Go! Eevee edition, aka sit on your shoulder... (stupid autocorrupt said ferret - I want one of those too, but still) 

Edited by WhiteWulfe
  • Like 6

4 hours ago, buglips*the*goblin said:

I learned to like terrible things for precisely this reason.  Well, not because you might steal it, but because someone might.  So I would purposely buy the weirdest, most terrible sounding/looking/tasting things.  (Sometimes they might actually be good, just look awful)

If anyone stayed away, it worked as intended.  If somebody stole them, I found out who was brave and adventurous and made a new friend.  

Also, I'm petty enough to make sure nobody gets to enjoy anything if it comes to that.  This is how I wound up with a fridge full of Pineapple Crush.  I hate it.  Everyone else hates it.  But it sure is hot out today, and those vile things are cold.  Who will break first?  Who will dare walk down the Yellow Ick Road?  

Not me.  I'd rather die of thirst.  Or any other method.  

It's worse than that.

He actually LIKED it, and was born in walking distance from where it's made. :blink:

Julie was born within a couple of blocks from him. But I think she learned to drink it because he drinks it, and sometimes ya gotta drink SOMETHING because it is the only pop on the table. :zombie:

1 hour ago, redambrosia said:

I've never had any problems petting the bumble bees. 

My hubby likes pineapple crush :ik_oops:

Grump drinks grapefruit juice.

And I've seen him with bumblebees sitting on the back of his hand.

Grump is WEIRD.

Grump is also right. I need my own laptop again. The more I use the Fire the more I want to see it BURN!

57 minutes ago, redambrosia said:

Turns out my baby is a grumpy, fussy baby. Cries a whole lot for no decernable reason, wants to be held constantly, and always has a grumpy face on. 

I don't know where she gets it from; according to our moms we were both easy babies ( my mom was even able to bring me to classes with her). 

She just started crying again. :mellow:

In spite of having a grump for a dad and a witch for a mom, BD is an amazingly HAPPY baby, and was trying to talk WAY early! :bday:

Edited by PaganMegan
  • Like 6
  • Haha 4

54 minutes ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

*gets into jester costume again, dances and jingles around*

Grump has a jingle hat.

Him wearing it with the most SOUR expression he can manage always makes me laugh. And then he does this Scrooge voice with it, and I almost peed myself when I was carrying BD. :lol:

Bah! Hum-bug!

• Like 3
  • Haha 9

19 minutes ago, PaganMegan said:

The more I use the Fire the more I want to see it BURN!

Actually going to light it on fire and send it off once you get a laptop again? 

Edit: if so, I suspect some of us would love to watch the video lol

Edited by WhiteWulfe
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

I almost got rear-ended just now.

I stopped to wait for the car in front of me to turn into his driveway, and I heard tires screeching from behind me. I glanced up to see the car behind me entirely too close to me, and the car behind them half off the road.

There was a cell phone involved.

Seeing that led to much swearing on my part.

Not a great start to the weekend.

Other than that, it's been a good day.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 10

23 hours ago, Cyradis said:

Hi Good Adventurer! Do you need a quest? I could really use your help! Please fetch me three chocolates, and a mug of tea! But beware - there are BEARS in the tea trees! 

But actually... I do need help. I HAVE A QUEST GUYS. 

Anyone want to record some voice clips for me to use in my D&D campaign? 

I need a stern female voice to be Wee Jas, whispering to my librarian (who's ~3-4 adventures out of getting a character whoopin/reward), and a kind female voice to be the spirit of the dog's former master (urging dog to protect the pack, and rescue said librarian). 

Stay a while, and listen!

• Like 7

I just noticed that Grump has a tire swing hanging off of our unpainted Baba Yaga's hut in place of the cage.

And it looks like it BELONGS there! :ik_oops:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 13

1 hour ago, PaganMegan said:

Grump drinks grapefruit juice.

Grump is WEIRD.

Wait, is drinking grapefruit juice weird? Because I love the stuff. The less sweetened, the better.

• Like 7
  • Confused 1

48 minutes ago, PaganMegan said:

Stay a while, and listen!

...and now you have me wanting to play Diablo.

• Haha 8

25 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

...and now you have me wanting to play Diablo.

It's on GOG pretty cheap. One and Two.

I may need to thump Grump when he gets home.

I've been complaining about my Fire.

So he ordered a NEW one. :grr:

Yes, it is the Teeny Tiny memory that is the cause of the problems, and the new one has more than ten times the memory, but I have so much hate for the BEEPing thing right now that I DON'T CARE if it fixes the problems, I want to PuNt iT ThrOUgh a WaLL!

Every time it needs to update anything it starts wanting me to manage the memory but there is nothing I CAN DELETE!

And it has been trying to update for MONTHS.

• Haha 6
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, FaekiasDracon said:

I actually like pineapple Crush, not enough to want to drink it all the time, but it is pretty good as a once in a while beverage. 

3 hours ago, redambrosia said:

My hubby likes pineapple crush :ik_oops:

Until this moment I thought Crush only made it as some sort of elaborate tax scheme to claim they didn't make a profit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

I’ve never seen pineapple Crush.

i did find diet orange Crush once and haven’t found it again since then.  Which is annoying because it was pretty good.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, PaganMegan said:

It's on GOG pretty cheap. One and Two.

I may need to thump Grump when he gets home.

I've been complaining about my Fire.

So he ordered a NEW one. :grr:

Yes, it is the Teeny Tiny memory that is the cause of the problems, and the new one has more than ten times the memory, but I have so much hate for the BEEPing thing right now that I DON'T CARE if it fixes the problems, I want to PuNt iT ThrOUgh a WaLL!

Every time it needs to update anything it starts wanting me to manage the memory but there is nothing I CAN DELETE!

And it has been trying to update for MONTHS.

Okay. I get it now.

He ordered the new Fire for me because he hates using his, and HAS to use it while the laptop is being repaired.

He ordered it because he now UNDERSTANDS why I hate using the Fire

And they offered easy payments to him while his will was weak. Five payments of $15.... I can understand that.

I'm still yelling at him though. He has his Fire, and didn't even TRY messaging me until he ordered the new one. <_< At least he is getting it for me, not himself.

I think he is planning to PuNt his thrOUgH the wALL! ::D:

He never understood before because he only used it for PDFs.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, PaganMegan said:

Okay. I get it now.

He ordered the new Fire for me because he hates using his, and HAS to use it while the laptop is being repaired.

He ordered it because he now UNDERSTANDS why I hate using the Fire

And they offered easy payments to him while his will was weak. Five payments of $15.... I can understand that.

I'm still yelling at him though. He has his Fire, and didn't even TRY messaging me until he ordered the new one. <_< At least he is getting it for me, not himself.

I think he is planning to PuNt his thrOUgH the wALL! ::D:

He never understood before because he only used it for PDFs.

Wally World has the RCA Galileo series tablet, which will do everything a Fire will and much more as it's a full Android Tablet with a detachable keyboard, for about the same amount.  The 11" model runs about $15-20 more.  Check into their online offerings and it will quickly come up as it's good value for the money.

I'm on my second one because the first one got sat on and the screen has a crack down the middle.  Still works but the touchscreen functionality is iffy.

GEM

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1