Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Froggy the Great

Randomness XV: 'tis a silly place.

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Ah, weather. I refuse to shelter unless I can see the tornado. Don't know if it's laziness or a death wish or maybe just my crippling arachnophobia, but I ain't goin' underground if I can help it.

 

 

Big Memorial Day weekend 'round here. Well, not really. But I mowed some grass and watered some tomatoes, and the Wigleaf Top 50 dropped, which is a year's-best list for flash fiction, and I inexplicably have two (2) stories on it. Kind of a big deal in a tiny part of the make-believe online writing world. Not like getting in BASS or anything but pretty dang cool. My first such honor, so I'm putting in overtime enjoying it. Ta-da.

 

Well, congratulations to you.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's like 25C outside, warmer inside.. 

 

Yup, let's fire up the oven to make some "lazy delivery driver" pulled chicken Mac and cheese...  With a homemade cheese sauce. 

 

Dunno why I call it lazy driver though, because it's actually a decent amount of work... But so, sooo worth it.  Especially with an expected armageddon at work tomorrow... aka my biiiiiiiiig customer I spend like three hours at every week... Hasn't ordered many cups or paper towels in most kitchens for like three weeks, I distinctly remember seeing things starting to get low last week, and so I suspect it's cup and paper towel day tomorrow. 

 

Going to be epic leftovers tomorrow though! 

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got home, got everything dragged in, housemate appears and offers to cook - this offer is accepted gratefully - start to sort things, and ... there's a commotion in the henyard. ARGH.

Okay, fine. Get food - easier to lure them to a safe area with food, and more food won't exactly hurt them - go out, open the gate and.. there's the broody hen, grumping. What (last time I saw her, she was brooding eggs!)

There are peeping noises. WAT. (Uh oh, they all hatched?!)

 

... the broody hen hatched five and abandoned the other nine eggs. Gorramned wanna-be dinosaurs... 

 

But the five she hatched out look to be fine. I'm going to have to lure her and them into the henetentiary to make sure they survive to adulthood; need to do that tonight. CHICKENS!

 

In other news, I realised when we were halfway home that I'd forgotten to take pictures of the Dancing Doom Hut... whoops. Oh well. I can take pictures once I have everything sorted. *goes on hunt for spoons*

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/25/2019 at 12:32 PM, Xiwo Xerase said:


* Make sure you know what the problem really is before you fix it. 

 

 

 This is what I repeatedly tell everyone I train to run a machine - the obvious problem isn't always the ONLY problem, or even related to the reason the machine stopped...

 

Last week, I was up on the second floor checking on whether or not I needed to run some more boxes for a job... The big bosses and the engineers were all gathered around my old machine getting really angry and shouting because it kept getting jammed and they couldn't get it to go again. Apparently they'd been there for almost five minutes. I took a second to watch them trying to fix it, then walked around the back, fished out the plastic nozzle fragment that had gotten stuck in the place they usually get stuck in if nobody thinks to clean it out on a regular basis - which they never do, and started the machine back up. I then had to explain to seven people who's weekly salaries have more digits than a month of my paychecks that whenever the machine jammed they had to stop and take the time to go through the thing and check all the common jam points and clean out the accumulated crap inside the machine so that it wouldn't get stuck under or inbetween the gears and jam up again.

 

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Uh oh. May've been into some poison ivy while pulling some Johnson grass out my parents' garden bed this evening. Stay tuned for possible misery and meltdown. ::(:

  • Sad 16

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Mad Jack said:

 

 This is what I repeatedly tell everyone I train to run a machine - the obvious problem isn't always the ONLY problem, or even related to the reason the machine stopped...

 

Last week, I was up on the second floor checking on whether or not I needed to run some more boxes for a job... The big bosses and the engineers were all gathered around my old machine getting really angry and shouting because it kept getting jammed and they couldn't get it to go again. Apparently they'd been there for almost five minutes. I took a second to watch them trying to fix it, then walked around the back, fished out the plastic nozzle fragment that had gotten stuck in the place they usually get stuck in if nobody thinks to clean it out on a regular basis - which they never do, and started the machine back up. I then had to explain to seven people who's weekly salaries have more digits than a month of my paychecks that whenever the machine jammed they had to stop and take the time to go through the thing and check all the common jam points and clean out the accumulated crap inside the machine so that it wouldn't get stuck under or inbetween the gears and jam up again.

 

Sounds like you had a close encounter with the Peter Principle.

GEM

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What you really have to watch out for is the hentaitentiary. Crazy stuff going on in there. :unsure:

  • Like 2
  • Haha 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I take the words "cheese sauce" too literally... 

 

IMG_20190527_205455_754.thumb.jpg.189f1662e70f384f42307aee01c79107.jpg

 

There's so much when I started I couldn't push it down any further... ^_^;;;

 

 

Mmmm, Mac and cheese. 

  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Marvin said:

What you really have to watch out for is the hentaitentiary. Crazy stuff going on in there. :unsure:

 

That's the prison that's full of tentacles, girls with magic powers, and a lot of blurred vision, isn't it?

  • Like 2
  • Haha 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mmmmmmmmmmm, cheesy.

 

95CF0D44-8BF6-4E1A-A362-ECA9B28059F0.thumb.jpeg.5e0fa0bdd36dfe592e2be6c4c7a3c0b6.jpeg

 

 

1 minute ago, Unruly said:

 

That's the prison that's full of tentacles, girls with magic powers, and a lot of blurred vision, isn't it?

 

Yes.

 

I mean, no.

 

I mean, yes, that's what I heard. Somebody told me that. I wouldn't know. :ph34r:

  • Like 3
  • Haha 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I finished the dog cleric figure for D&D. The hot glue stuck to the figure so I tried to carve it off with a xacto, and promptly stabbed my finger which bled profusely. It did narrowly miss the dog. I feel like I'm entitled to healing now. Get to it, dog cleric. 

  • Like 10
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

I finished the dog cleric figure for D&D. The hot glue stuck to the figure so I tried to carve it off with a xacto, and promptly stabbed my finger which bled profusely. It did narrowly miss the dog. I feel like I'm entitled to healing now. Get to it, dog cleric. 

 

Generally it's 12-y.o. boys that earn the Finger Carving merit badge, but I think we'll make an exception. :poke:

 

ETA: Let me know if that link breaks. Also, it should be direct to an image, not a store; if need be, I'll pull it.

Edited by Doug Sundseth
  • Like 2
  • Haha 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Doug Sundseth said:

 

Generally it's 12-y.o. boys that earn the Finger Carving merit badge, but I think we'll make an exception. :poke:

 

ETA: Let me know if that link breaks. Also, it should be direct to an image, not a store; if need be, I'll pull it.

I need to get that merit badge for my friend; in the last week, she's cut herself 5 times with her Xacto knife while modding her figures, despite me telling her several times to cut away from herself and to use a file instead of a knife! Sympathy she does not get from me, mockery she gets a dearth of.

  • Like 10
  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...