Sign in to follow this  
Froggy the Great

Randomness XV: 'tis a silly place.

15 hours ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

Sounds like you had a close encounter with the Peter Principle.

GEM

This sounds like more of the Failed expectations principle.  For some unknown reason engineers expect the people working the machines to try the simple stuff before they call maintenance and engineering.  It's sort of the same way that you never hear a tier III tech support guy tell you to reset the computer; they assume that the Tier I guys have already been through that with you.

I don't say its right or wrong and I personally, normally check for the simple stuff, however, it is typical and you can usually learn some new words if the engineer or tech finds out that it was something that the operator or first level tech should have figured out.  I know I have waxed poetic a time or two when someone has neglected to mention they didn't check the field before calling me in to fix a programing problem!

• Like 7

1 hour ago, OneBoot said:

Let me know if you find mine, I seem to have left them behind at the hotel. I had a fantastic time at Paizocon, but Saturday afternoon I got a lengthy email from my brother regarding a very unfortunate and difficult family relationship situation, and I've had to shove the whole mess into a mental box so I could keep functioning. My sister is already wanting to talk about it, and I'm like I just got home yesterday and I'm only now able to unpack it and process it all.

I'm doing okay right now, mostly just very tired in several different ways. I think painting will be good; focusing on turning a lovely elephant warrior mini into a cheerfully terrifying clown at PaizoCon certainly helped distract, lol (more on that in the Paizocon thread in a bit, with pictures). 

I'm so grateful for my incredible husband, and for great friends and fun times (and shenanigans too, of course!). They make everything easier to handle. ^_^

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

Yeah, I'm right there with you, except my bad stuff happened right before leaving for con. It was a long weekend and I never was able to summon the excited convention energy I usually have. I did help about 40 people paint their first mini and the owners of the sponsoring game store invited me to do an intro to painting class. So, not a bad weekend, just not what it could have been. I am slowly finding spoons that were hiding after last week's whirlwind made a mess of everything. Luckily I have tomorrow off and new Pathfinder game tonight. Now if only the party backstory generator I kickstarted was arriving today instead of next week...

• Like 8

5 hours ago, LittleBluberry said:

Weekend was a bit on the busy side, having trouble getting the teenager out of bed.  

Walk in quietly, and then chuck some crushed ice into their shorts/panties, it WILL wake them up and you will not have that problem again.

• Haha 8

Some sad news for me today.

Found out my Uncle passed away last night.

He’s part of the family I grew up with and drive out to Alberta to visit each summer.

He had been in an extended care unit for some time.

I had word that he wasn’t doing well the night I left for Paizocon, but a couple days later I received word he was improving.

Just trying to keep busy right now.

• Sad 31

27 minutes ago, Corsair said:

Walk in quietly, and then chuck some crushed ice into their shorts/panties, it WILL wake them up and you will not have that problem again.

She's actually a sweetheart, she just has sleep apnea and would like to catch up on a decade or so of missed sleep.  She's much better than she was before we got her on a CPAP.  

• Like 10

18 minutes ago, Darsc Zacal said:

He’s part of the family I grew up with and drive out to Alberta to visit each summer.

I had word that he wasn’t doing well the night I left for Paizocon, but a couple days later I received word he was improving.

You have my sympathies, Darsc. ::(:

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Darsc Zacal said:

My sympathies!

*** Sending good vibes ***

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Corsair said:

Then you just have to worry about any traps they set up for you afterwards....  Your screech or cry of surprise will still wake them up, but at least they'll be smiling or smirking when forcibly woken up.... 

Sorry to hear about the extended family @Darsc Zacal

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1