Sign in to follow this  
Froggy the Great

Randomness XV: 'tis a silly place.

23 hours ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

Evidently they are making some major changes.

They are also telling people to cash in their points as they will be expiring when the "move" happens.

They are pitching the sale as a "Moving Sale"

Going to have to spend some time going over the site very carefully.

GEM

@Green Eyed Monster Could you clarify your post a bit for me?

What do you mean by points and where did you see this and who said it?

Thanks.

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, Darsc Zacal said:

@Green Eyed Monster Could you clarify your post a bit for me?

What do you mean by points and where did you see this and who said it?

Thanks.

I received an email from ThinkGeek saying they were having a 50% off "Moving Sale" on everything.

I did a quick scan of the site and there was a notice up to cash in your bonus points [earned by buying stuff] as the program would be ending soon.

I have a general sense that they are making some major business changes, part of which will be a new website.

Either that or this is the "fire sale" to blow everything out before they close up shop.

GEM

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Crowley said:

And then there were fireworks, so... not so much... 

Alice and Lucy don’t like fireworks?

(I might not like fireworks if I had hearing superior to humans, sense of smell vastly beyond human capability, but eyes that don’t see color so much...these very loud noises, a pervasive and continuously strengthening smell of burnination, and very bright flashes from the sky... ...hmmmm. 

That could trigger deep seated [genetic?] memories/fear/instinct from wolfs who fled massive wildfires in ancient forests. The noises would sound like trees exploding, the smell covers the smoke, the flashes in the sky resemble flare-ups.

If such memory is a thing.)

2 hours ago, Flamehawke said:

I'm introducing my husband to painting. Mostly by painting up minis to resemble his characters at times. I have 3 in front of me currently.

Welcome back and congratulations. 

2 hours ago, Flamehawke said:

Volunteeered at the shelter today

Animal shelter?  I think I remember you worked at one. Same one?

• Like 7

21 minutes ago, TGP said:

Welcome back and congratulations. 

Animal shelter?  I think I remember you worked at one. Same one?

Thanks. I was not expecting to have my circumstances lead me to love, but its been great. I haven't worked at one before, but I did apply to one and to this one. Not same shelter as I moved, but this was fun. I mostly get to cuddle all the kitties and ache to bring a few of them home.

• Like 11

Just now, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

*wrings shirt out*

Airbrush asploded?

• Haha 12

Well it's another road trip.

SWMBO has an official function tomorrow so we are in Stockton tonight.

For those not familiar with Stockton, Cal. it's a formerly prosperous community in the Central Valley with the largest inland port on the West Coast.  It's now not just bankrupt but one of the most economically depressed areas of the state.  Stocton was in the National News after the Housing Implosion becuse of the amount of copper theft being done to vacant properties under bank ownership.  They are still suffering from the aftermath of this, with gutted out properties being sold for whtever they can get for them, ofthen a token payment just to get it off the banks books.  This has had  devastating effect on the local tax base.

As soon as SWMBO told me there was "Waterfront" in the name of the place I remarked "We're in trouble".

I used to load out of the Port of Stockton on occsion so I know that many places are difficult to get to because the streets djacent to the water are a hash of short and sometimes disconnected segments.  Add in the local obsession with one way streets and you have a formula for "you can't get there from here".

We found the hotel without too much trouble [only about 3 miles of backtracking and u turn maneuvers [some of which took three blocks to accomplish].

Check in and there is  notice at the Front Desk that there is a $20 a day "Resort Fee".  Reapercons headquarters hotel is more of  resort than this place.<_<

When we were away from the Front Desk I explained to SWMBO that no matter how much lipstick is used, even if applied by Max Factor, it's still a pig and you are still standing in the middle of the Pigsty.

Ever showered in a stall with no door?  I have now.  Turn on the water and as soon as it starts getting warm the cold air from the rest of the room starts circulating into the stall.:angry:  Then the temperature starts fluctuating, up and down after 10:00 PM at night!:grr:

After we finish here it's off to Reno bright and early Sunday for the State Level Sessions of our order.  As I'm a State Level Appointed Officer I have to be all bright and shiny too early in the day for 3 Days Running.:blink:

Then when we finish in Reno we have to do some business rlated to our upcoming transpantation to Northern Nevada then off to see the Grandkids for several days, including taking them to see the new Toy Story movie.

Will probably work in a trip to FLGS as part of the festivities and maybe a visit to the local Dick Blick as well.

GEM

• Like 11

I made brownies.

My last act of baking at the old place. I'm tired of not having the space I need to bake things properly. 

• Like 13

9 hours ago, PaganMegan said:

I miss Bryan. :down:

So do I, I feel that a lot of the lack of communication is a result of him leaving and the position hasn't been properly filled.

I do hope Reaper will get this up to par.

I love their products, this forum and the community but communication is very important.

The way things are going will prevent me from backing Bones V eventhough I know I want certain minis from that.

I will wait for retail this time, until I will see some real answers to the questions concerning Tariff's/Trade War/Brexit consequences and risks and how this will be dealt with.

8 hours ago, Sibling said:

OK So why did you let @Pezler the Polychromatic fly one/some of those aircraft? ::P:

He brought his own! Unauthorized I tell you!

5 hours ago, Flamehawke said:

Ummm. Hi all. Sorry for long silence...

FLAMEHAWKE!!!

*** Pounces, hugs and covers the Frost Dragon in Wolf Slobber***

4 hours ago, Flamehawke said:

Yes it is. I just got the space to paint again. I'm also now married, which was part of the silence. Had to adjust to the new life. We also wound up with two new cats added recent. Calico that looks more like a Tortie Tux and a standard black and white tux.

Congrats with getting married!

Awesome!

Good to have you back, I suspect you will enable Hubby into the hobby and Forum soon?

58 minutes ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

*wrings shirt out*

You're cleaning that up, won't you?

Gerelateerde afbeelding

• Like 4
  • Haha 8

Alex is nervous about painting. He has very shaky hands, but he has expressed interest in it. THough he does have a great deal of knowledge and interest in fashion. He also has an eye for detail so like helping me out in that way.

*Hugs wolf* I missed you too.

*Lays out coffee and ice cream*

• Like 14

12 minutes ago, Flamehawke said:

Alex is nervous about painting. He has very shaky hands, but he has expressed interest in it. THough he does have a great deal of knowledge and interest in fashion. He also has an eye for detail so like helping me out in that way.

*Hugs wolf* I missed you too.

*Lays out coffee and ice cream*

Hmmmm Bacon flavored Ice cream, I remember that!

*** Brps***

• Like 9

5 hours ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

I received an email from ThinkGeek saying they were having a 50% off "Moving Sale" on everything.

I did a quick scan of the site and there was a notice up to cash in your bonus points [earned by buying stuff] as the program would be ending soon.

I have a general sense that they are making some major business changes, part of which will be a new website.

Either that or this is the "fire sale" to blow everything out before they close up shop.

GEM

Gamestop is merging  Tg & itself into 1 website. 

4 hours ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

Check in and there is  notice at the Front Desk that there is a $20 a day "Resort Fee".  Reapercons headquarters hotel is more of  resort than this place.<_<

When we were away from the Front Desk I explained to SWMBO that no matter how much lipstick is used, even if applied by Max Factor, it's still a pig and you are still standing in the middle of the Pigsty.

Ever showered in a stall with no door?  I have now.  Turn on the water and as soon as it starts getting warm the cold air from the rest of the room starts circulating into the stall.:angry:  Then the temperature starts fluctuating, up and down after 10:00 PM at night!:grr:

The hotel my wife stayed when she went to Jackpot sounded similar to this setup.  There was no resort fee but the facilities were questionable at best.

Gotta love resort fees. Free wifi? Of course, just pay the resort fee....I was glad I only paid 10 per day when I went to Vegas earlier this year.

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

GEM

It's a mix of both. ThinkGeek was bought by Gamestop years ago, and this is the end result. They're shutting down their own operations and being moved to a small corner of Gamestop's website. In the process their rewards program is being killed and their selection is being cut down.

I haven't bought anything from ThinkGeek in years. Much of the stuff that appealed to me disappeared long ago.

• Like 5
  • Sad 3