Sign in to follow this  
Froggy the Great

Randomness XV: 'tis a silly place.

8 hours ago, PaganMegan said:

Brigid just learned that when Tomathy lies on her back, so you can rub her belly, IT'S A TRAP!

My general experience is that if the cat claws you when you rub their belly, it's because you didn't rub hard enough...

If they 'grip your hand with their forelegs(claws only extened enough to cause pain, but not massive bleeding), bite you, then lick your hand a few times before staring up at you, it means 'more'...   

If thet suddenly go amok after a long session of heavy rubbing, it means 'thank you that was great, now elf off I want to sleep'...   

45 minutes ago, Pingo said:

We’ve got a raccoon.

Just heard a weird chirping out front in the rain. Looked out in time to see a big roly-poly shadow slip out the front gate and into the neighbor’s foliage.

For those new to the channel, we live in the middle of a major metropolitan area. 

Put up a night-vision trailcam and leave it out for a few nights. You probably also have foxes, hedgehogs and a number of other critters.   

I live next to the woods, and frankly, raccoons is nothing. 

Darn owls hooting all night is a elfed pain....   

• Like 9
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, OneBoot said:

Reason #317 why I love RPGs: MrBoot and I got into a theoretical discussion about how one could recreate Cloud from FF7 in Pathfinder. 

Well, it was theoretical...until he started to pull out books and look up feats and equipment. :lol:

So, long story short, I've now put together a decent facsimile of Cloud (it only took me 7 different books and far too many hours, but it was a fun challenge). The best part is that this happened at just the right time in our campaign, with increasing planar stability leading to portals opening up to the Abyss. In the next session, Cloud is going to come roaring out of a portal on his motorcycle and start laying waste to heaps of demons with his ridiculous sword. I'm ridiculously excited for this moment. ::D: :B):

The story we came up with is that the same planar instability thing is happening in other worlds, and on his planet, Cloud used a special materia to close the rifts. Unfortunately he got caught up in the energy rebound of the instability collapsing and was flung into the Abyss. I decided that using the special materia drained a bunch of his life force and destroyed most of his regular materia to get enough energy to work, which is why he's only level 7 (like the rest of the party) and only has a small handful of "materia" left. Those are really just regular spells (from a book called, ironically enough, Spheres of Power), renamed and visually reskinned as "materia magic abilities" and "summons." :lol: I'm rather pleased with how they turned out.

Figuring out how to do his Limit Break abilities took the most time, and it basically came down to a handful of feats/abilities that increase melee attack/damage/speed/awesomeness for 1 or 2 rounds, which I will only trigger once he's taken a decent amount of damage. His ridiculously big sword was fun to figure out; he needs 2 feats just to wield the silly thing. :lol:

I don't generally like complicated character creation (too much crunchy maths and fiddly double-checking of rules), but I actually enjoyed this. I can't wait to see just how big his pile of damage will get when his Limit Break gets used. Pretty sure I'm gonna need a calculator. :lol:

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

My hubby would be interested in your write up and willing to trade cookies for it :lol:

53 minutes ago, Pingo said:

We’ve got a raccoon.

Just heard a weird chirping out front in the rain. Looked out in time to see a big roly-poly shadow slip out the front gate and into the neighbor’s foliage.

For those new to the channel, we live in the middle of a major metropolitan area. 

You're gonna be burgled!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Pingo said:

We’ve got a raccoon.

Raccoons actually do pretty well in cities. There's a lot of food, and a lot of places to hide. Same reasons why rats thrive there. And deer tend to do better in suburbia than they do in a lot of wilderness areas, because flower beds and home gardens are wonderful sources of food while the number of natural predators is basically 0.

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, Unruly said:

Raccoons actually do pretty well in cities. There's a lot of food, and a lot of places to hide. Same reasons why rats thrive there. And deer tend to do better in suburbia than they do in a lot of wilderness areas, because flower beds and home gardens are wonderful sources of food while the number of natural predators is basically 0.

Those rats with hooves eat my flowers and they'll find they have a very irate predator. 

That's assuming I had a house in the suburban hellscape. Or a garden.

Edited by redambrosia
  • Like 4
  • Haha 8

4 hours ago, SparrowMarie said:

Anyone know if the weapon sprues from Bones 3 were ever released?

Not yet but the question has been asked on the reaper live streams a few times, the last answer I remember is that they plan to release them but no dates were given. (Someone please correct me if I have this wrong)

3 hours ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

Islnad?

Hey if we’re going to start talking sanity or insanity no place like an Islnad to do it ::P:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

12 hours ago, Doug Sundseth said:

Our son just got back from signing an Army enlistment contract.

Cheryl is a little freaked and mostly proud; I'm a mix of proud at his decision to serve and happy that he has made a substantive decision about what to really do with his life. And I'm happy that he's both apprehensive and excited about the decision. (And it was his decision entirely. We were supportive, but not really any more; he needed to decide, not be pushed into something.)

He's been running and doing calisthenics for the last couple of weeks to start his physical prep, and he's been doing that on his own, which indicates to me that he's self-motivated enough to succeed.

He has the advantage of an uncle who was an infantry First Sergeant, a grandfather who was career Navy and Air Force, and a bunch of friends who have served or are now serving in various services, so I'm hoping that he won't be as shocked by the changes that are coming as some kids are.

The only downside for us is that he has to report for transport on Labor Day here in Denver, so we'll have to leave Dallas at least a bit earlier than we planned on, but it's all good. His training is at Ft. Sill, so we should be able to watch his graduation ceremony a couple of months later.

Congrats!

Hope he does well!

12 hours ago, Flamehawke said:

*lays out ice cream, cake, bacon and coffee* Got my husband to join. Now to get him to chat...

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor dog bacon meme

12 hours ago, Sanguine_Dragon said:

Well, cake and coffee are always guaranteed to have me appear anywhere. Hello, all! 

Welcome!

Nice to meet you!

Have a lot of fun here!

10 hours ago, Sanguine_Dragon said:

Thanks all for the warm welcome!

As for my interests, I'm a gamer. Mostly video/computer games (just right now getting back into Tabletop gaming). I also write, collect international recipes, and am currently getting ready to start school for my Bachelor's. Flamehawke is currently teaching me the awesome art that is mini painting, but I'm still a bit nervous giving it a go due to shaky hands. 

International recipes?

Look at our GOOD EATS Thread!

Also I'm Dutch and I like to cook ( favorite cuisines: Greek, Indonesian, Indian, Dutch, German, Tex Mex, Italian) feel free to exchange recipes.

9 hours ago, Corsair said:

Welcome to the Coffeeholics Unanimous Group.  Don't be fooled by WOOF propaganda...

There is no such thing!

WOOF is totally peaceful!

Here's proof:

Spoiler

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor you've been glitterbombed

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

PSA: today is Thursday. There is a weekend incoming, stay sharp!

Edited by Chaoswolf
  • Like 13

22 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

Weekend? Wth is that? Night #2 finished about half an hour ago. 9 more days to go....ugh.

Good night Weds night game thou. Had the party fight a Demonspawn of Dagon & some Kou-Toa as well.

Must sleep now 3 hrs in 29 hrs not effective enough!

• Like 12

On 6/17/2019 at 8:23 AM, Erifnogard said:

I did a helmet conversion years ago because the head that came with a miniature was missing the lower half. Essentially, I sawed the lower half of a different helmet off and Frankensteined the two together to make a beautiful chimera. 

Anyway, this morning I was eying that figure and really wanting to use that head on a different figure for a conversion. The problem being that I tend to really over-engineer joins so I’m genuinely concerned that attempting to remove it might destroy the helmet and the figure. 

The moral of this story is that you don’t actually have to make the join between the body and the head of a 28mm figure stronger than the actual miniature itself but if you do the miniature in question will thank its lucky stars that it was saved from the bits-robbers by the Great Builder’s idiotic need to ensure that no figure will fall apart during such common tabletop situations as earthquake, landslides, volcanic eruptions, and nuclear strikes. 

So....about this post.  I kinda sorta couldn't get the conversion I wanted to do out of my head and ended up going after the head anyway.  And with a bit of rocket surgery the decapitation was a success!  More or less.  Had to leave the neck behind in the donor but that may actually work out best anyway when I go to repair re-frankenstein that figure with a new brain bucket.

Of course then the ungrateful git who was receiving the re-transplanted head/helmet decided to be a pain in the tail during assembly.  I just looked at him and explained the facts of life greenstuff to him and that he was going to be my beautiful chimeric creation one way or the other.

• Like 1
  • Haha 14

1 hour ago, Chaoswolf said:

And what does a French Car manufacturing consortium have to do with that?

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

12 hours ago, Unruly said:

Futon acquired, in pieces. It's got a broken bit of frame, but nothing that can't be fixed. I can go the repair route by gluing together the split part and reinforcing it with a piece of scrap 2x2, or I can go the replace route and make an entirely new one out of a 2x4 and have it be stronger than it was before. Haven't really decided which way I want to go with it.

Recommend replace. It probably split at the point that it did for a reason. 

10 hours ago, Corsair said:

Welcome to the Coffee-Holics Unanimous Group.  Don't be fooled by WOOF propaganda...

I suggest acronyming that as: CHUG

4 hours ago, Pingo said:

We’ve got a raccoon.

The real fun begins when they find their way into your attic(s) and crawlspaces :ph34r: 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Today...  

I worked on my bike...

The wheels were inflated to 65Psi, and seems to be holding up for now, though there are... cracks in the rubber.

The front fork is completely rusted up. No suspension possible. I got it to turn left/right again by applying WD-40 and brute force, though... 

The canilever brakes were seized(!), but more WD-40 and bruter force did wonders. Also oiled the wires.

The chain... was in dire need of lubrication..

The Derailleurs were more or less derailed. More WD-40. The wire to the rear one was rusted stuck. Lots of WD-40 and even more brute force. 

The padding of the seat fell off. Reattached with 2part epoxy.

Installed the motor controller and slotted battery into place.

I had to pedal about 30 meters before it 'caught' and started helping, but on subsequent tests it came on almost immediately.

The bell. Does not ring anymore. 

The bolt holding the top part was rusted out, and it's not replaceable. 

The key for the battery pack is missing...   

I popped open the pack, removed the lock and did a bit of ypass surgery, then reinstalled the lock, so it at least looks as if it does something.  

Yup, I think my bike is ready for another summer out on the road.

Wearing a white T-shirt may not have been a good idea, though...

• Like 9
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Chaoswolf said:

Thanks for the warning. All the wackadoodles will be checking in the next couple nights. 

At at least we got rid of the meth head. <_<

• Like 15

Somewhat related to the above post: why can't managers be more clear about what they want? Like, if you give me clearcut instructions, I have no issue following them. But if you tell me one thing, but mean another, don't be surprised if I don't divine what it is you really want. -_- 

Also, moving truck and trailer reserved for our move at the end of August.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1